Rusty Kuntz Tribute League - $120M - 12 in! Topic

3/29/2017 3:37 PM
Folks, let's honor one of the greatest names in Baseball History: the immortal Rusty Kuntz!

The rules are very straight forward:

1). Everyone must select Rusty in his best season with the 1984 World Series Champion Tigers.
2). To qualify for the playoffs your Rusty must at least meet the real Rusty's total Plate Appearances that season: 168.
3). On a first-come-first served basis, when you sign up, select one of Rusty's teammates from any of his seasons in MLB. That player is your exclusive player. You must use that player and a season in which he was a teammate of Ol' Rusty.
4). The rest of your team is made up of players who were teammates of your exclusive player. You can use any season as long as they were a teammate of that player that season.
5). Salary Cap: $120M.
6). AAA - below average.
7). DH
8). No Trades or Waiver Wire.
9). 24 Team League.
10). I'll sign up after we have 10 Owners.

Thanks.

Couple of extra clarification rules:

11). No Clones.
12). Stadium: Any home stadium used by your exclusive player during his career.
3/31/2017 2:35 PM (edited)
Exclusive Players List (Updated: April 12th):

1). redcped - Kirk Gibson

2). sjh0825 - Harold Baines

3). fatboydad54 - Tom Paciorek

4). Jesters - Jack Morris

5). greggo72 - Ed Farmer

6). trd3 - Darrell Evans

7). rbrch - Dennis Lamp

8). winterhawk - Dick Tidrow

9). elduro25 - Tom Brunansky

10). midknight - Milt May

11). CRTYonker - Howard Johnson

12). flbarons - Carlton Fisk
4/12/2017 8:42 AM (edited)
I'll play with 84 Kirk Gibson.
3/30/2017 12:22 AM
Welcome, redcped!
3/30/2017 11:46 AM
Harold Baines please. The team mates can be from any of his seasons right? Thanks
4/17/2017 5:57 PM (edited)
Welcome, sjh0825!

Yes, teammates of your key players from a season when they were his teammate.
3/30/2017 2:08 PM
To assist, here are Rusty's teams:

79-83 White Sox;
83 Twins; &
84-85 Tigers

Your exclusive player can come from any of those teams and seasons. Thanks.
3/30/2017 3:48 PM (edited)
Lots of great exclusive players to choose from including:

Harold Baines
Tom Brunansky
Britt Burns
Richard Dotson
Darrell Evans
La Marr Hoyt
Carlton Fisk
Gary Gaetti
Willie Hernandez
Kent Hrbek
Howard Johnson
Ruppert Jones
Steve Kemp
Ron Kittle
Chet Lemon
Greg Luzinski
Jack Morris
Lance Parrish
Alan Trammell
Frank Viola
Claudell Washington
Lou Whittaker

... and many more!
4/5/2017 8:38 AM (edited)
Remember, although your exclusive player must be used from a season that he was a teammate of Rusty Kuntz, your other players only need to have been teammates of your exclusive player and not Kuntz'.
3/30/2017 3:45 PM
Posted by CRTYonker on 3/30/2017 3:45:00 PM (view original):
Remember, although your exclusive player must be used from a season that he was a teammate of Rusty Kuntz, your other players only need to have been teammates of your exclusive player and not Kuntz'.
I realize now I have a question about the exclusive player.

Is anyone else allowed to use '84 Gibson? How about any other season of Gibson whether he was a teammate of Kuntz or not?
3/30/2017 6:42 PM
Posted by redcped on 3/30/2017 6:42:00 PM (view original):

Is anyone else allowed to use '84 Gibson? How about any other season of Gibson whether he was a teammate of Kuntz or not?
Good question. Only one owner can build a team around each one of Kunitz' teammates; however, other owners can also use that player if they were a teammate of their exclusive player.

For example, the team based around Alan Trammell can also use Kirk Gibson.
3/30/2017 6:49 PM

Tom Paciorek

3/30/2017 10:17 PM
Posted by CRTYonker on 3/30/2017 6:49:00 PM (view original):
Posted by redcped on 3/30/2017 6:42:00 PM (view original):

Good question. Only one owner can build a team around each one of Kunitz' teammates; however, other owners can also use that player if they were a teammate of their exclusive player.

For example, the team based around Alan Trammell can also use Kirk Gibson.
Thanks. Very helpful. I realized that I was creating a roster that included Trammell and Whitaker and had this sudden thought of what to do without them. Glad I don't have to do that!
3/31/2017 12:19 AM
Interest List Updated.

Welcome, fatboydad54!
3/31/2017 8:54 AM
12345 Next ▸
Rusty Kuntz Tribute League - $120M - 12 in! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.