About italyprof Topic

i'm not exactly

you are too goddam mercurial

come in here wrecking stuff and dominating

then you just leave

we got your boysenberries back on track. heh, 64 wins!
3/31/2017 1:00 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.

Welcome back oleitalyprof!

One always tends to worry when good owners suddenly disappear. Since we only know people by their pseudonyms, if they were to suddenly get hit by a truck, there is no way of finding out whatever became of them. I still wonder and hope for the best with JohnGPF.

But the very same crazy work schedule and overwhelming responsibilities led me to NEED baseball and this site as an escape, as a moment late at night to calm myself and let the stress of the day fall away so I could deal with it the next day.

I understand this statement very much. I've played WIS for well over a decade now and there have been a couple of times when just being able to worry about a pitching rotation or an upcoming draft instead of say, being homeless... which I was for a brief period several years back... has been all that saved my sanity from a dark pit of despair. I'm a happy camper, most of the time, these days. But when the going gets tough, some people meditate, some go to church, some see a shrink... I just mess with my batting order, or propose a blockbuster trade.

Regardless, I'm glad to hear you are back and, mostly, well. No hard feelings from me about any past issues. This is a game. Life is life. I'd be happy to be back in a league with you again any time.

3/31/2017 11:06 AM
Yea Prof........ we've not "met" (I'm a bit of a "newbie" here, relatively) but I always enjoy(ed) reading you're posts. Welcome Back. The need for small pleasures (and love of baseball) is shared by most of us here. Glad you are well and happy!
3/31/2017 11:47 AM
Glad to have you back. Stand up comments you made, too. It's funny. At one point a thought that the OleProfessor and italyprof might be one in the same did briefly run into my mind. I hadn't/didn't' spend any time considering what made me flash to that thought, but there must have been some familiarity in something OleProf said along the way.
3/31/2017 3:25 PM
JohnGPF is doing fine, as far as I know. After he left a friend of his who was still active in HBD told me he was doing well, just left because he was burned out on SLB.
3/31/2017 4:01 PM
Posted by skunk206 on 3/31/2017 4:01:00 PM (view original):
JohnGPF is doing fine, as far as I know. After he left a friend of his who was still active in HBD told me he was doing well, just left because he was burned out on SLB.
Best news I've heard all day. Well, second best, after the return of italyprof.
3/31/2017 10:23 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Good to have you back as whoever you choose to be. I know what you mean by having the release SLB provides. Everyone needs an outlet to keep their sanity in check. Too often we forget, even if it is only a game, that it provides many different things for everyone here. It isn't just Entertainment!
4/1/2017 12:16 PM
i do not recall ever posting any poe prose or pablum on this site

whatsoever at all

it musta been the JETAH thing

oh ye sadde yorkies
4/5/2017 12:38 AM
Your memory is not the issue, since drinking might explain the lapses. The issue is the quality of your poetry, which is quite good. Of course that might be explained by drink as well. Dylan Thomas at the White Horse Tavern should be a cautionary tale however. Rimbaud too. Or was it verlaine? I always get those two confused, like Ray sadecki and Neil sedacka.
4/5/2017 3:36 AM
Welcome back italyprof! Hope life gets better for you!!
4/5/2017 7:20 PM
Posted by OleProfessor on 4/5/2017 3:36:00 AM (view original):
Your memory is not the issue, since drinking might explain the lapses. The issue is the quality of your poetry, which is quite good. Of course that might be explained by drink as well. Dylan Thomas at the White Horse Tavern should be a cautionary tale however. Rimbaud too. Or was it verlaine? I always get those two confused, like Ray sadecki and Neil sedacka.
you coulda tersed this up

you coulda said, in so many words

sadecki sedaka and hardi har har

4/7/2017 10:57 AM
That's why you are the poet laureate man.
4/7/2017 3:44 PM
Watching you two go at it puts me in mind of the great film noir On Dangerous Ground, specifically the sexually charged banter between Ida Lupino and tough-guy copper Robert Ryan. Or maybe Beware, My Lovely, specifically the sexually charged banter between Ida Lupino and schizophrenic handyman Robert Ryan. Ida Lupino and Robert Ryan, is what I'm getting at.
4/7/2017 4:16 PM
◂ Prev 123 Next ▸
About italyprof Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.