How can I use the same player as my kicker and punter?? I only see the guy on one of the depth charts.
3/31/2017 11:19 AM
They automatically do both jobs if you don't have one of each. For example, if you have a kicker but no punter, the kicker will automatically take on the punting chores. You don't need to do anything.
3/31/2017 11:27 AM
FYI I have my kicker spend some practice time on punting, and vica versa, just in case I need one of them to do both at some point.
3/31/2017 11:30 AM
Thank you!!!
3/31/2017 11:34 AM
Do what BJS said. And have him practice both as well as strength or even better just choose Balanced next to his individual practice.
3/31/2017 2:44 PM (edited)
if you tend to get a walkon here and there during recruiting, your plans may get shot as the walkon will most likely end up at this open spot and will cost you either field position or points. I tried this and it happened to me. I ended up with a walkon punter that cost me a few close games. I rarely have a four year stretch where I go without at least one walkon but I a not a very good recruiter. Just something to consider if you haven't already.
3/31/2017 3:16 PM
I must warn you though... if you go with a punter or kicker to do both roles and you take on a walk-on, it will most likely be a punter or kicker. That walk-on will fill that role.
3/31/2017 3:16 PM
Posted by samson75 on 3/31/2017 3:16:00 PM (view original):
if you tend to get a walkon here and there during recruiting, your plans may get shot as the walkon will most likely end up at this open spot and will cost you either field position or points. I tried this and it happened to me. I ended up with a walkon punter that cost me a few close games. I rarely have a four year stretch where I go without at least one walkon but I a not a very good recruiter. Just something to consider if you haven't already.
and I don't think you can change positions if you only have one player at the position, which is what I tried to do to get around it. Has this changed? Maybe someone else knows who has dealt with this recently.
3/31/2017 3:17 PM
be sure to change his practice minutes to practice kicking and punting.
3/31/2017 5:19 PM
Posted by SoonerDream on 3/31/2017 5:19:00 PM (view original):
be sure to change his practice minutes to practice kicking and punting.
Clicking Balanced on his individual practice will practice both K and P and Str.
3/31/2017 5:33 PM
Why does everyone say practice kicking and punting? Anyone have some valid data behind this?
3/31/2017 6:42 PM
Nope. I don't have data(some of you guys out there might). But the game makes sense to me. If you want a qb to pass so you practice passing. If you want a player to punt then you practice punting. If you want same player to kick , then..............
3/31/2017 8:36 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
11/7/2015 11:37 PM samson75
Hello. I was wondering if practicing punting help my kicker and kicking help my punter?
11/9/2015 1:52 PM Customer Support
Hi Chris,

Unless you are using your Kicker as a punter, then practicing punting with your kicker will not improve his Field Goal chances.

Thanks.
3/31/2017 9:49 PM samson75
But practicing kicking or punting improves technique, correct? Is it position dependent? or can a kicker practice punting to improve technique?
4/4/2017 11:39 AM Customer Support
Chris,

It only helps for that position - practice kicking for place kickers and punting for punters. Otherwise it's not going to help much.
4/4/2017 11:56 AM
The good news? one of my tickets was answered! The bad news? what does "much" mean?
4/4/2017 11:57 AM
12 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.