Good question. I have a tough time understanding their answer.
4/4/2017 11:58 AM
I am pretty certain at this point that vague answers are their way of getting around having to answer because they don't know the answers. At least I got an answer, although it didn't actually tell me anything.

It seems like a straight forward either or question. Either it helps or it doesn't. If it doesn't help "much" there must be a modifier applied to how much tech can be gained versus kicking/punting at the actual designated position. Except they didn't say that and the first part of their answer seems to rule out that possibility when they said "it ONLY helps for that position".

Here is the full conversation over time for those that are interested in how practice time categories are or are not position dependent. It kind of drives me crazy that this stuff is not written down anywhere or even known by anyone.
2/7/2014 10:03 AM samson75
In the positional practice plans, are categories like passing and pass routes working properly? If so, can they be used for multiple positions?

2/7/2014 11:47 AM Customer Support
Hi Chris,

Yes they are working correctly.

Please refer to KB Article 418 for more information on Practice Plans.

Thank you.

2/7/2014 12:43 PM samson75
SO I can set my QB to practice passing, kicking and punting if I am most interested in raising technique? Or are passing, kicking and punting position dependent?
2/12/2014 11:06 PM Customer Support
Hi Chris,

They are position dependent. Practicing kicking and punting will not help improve your quarterback.
2/13/2014 2:30 PM samson75
Thanks for the answer. will practicing pass routes help my defensive backs with hands and technique? or is that for WRs only? What about RBs? The chart doesn't include this information....

2/20/2014 7:40 PM
Customer Support
Practicing route running helps those that run routes (WR, RB, and TE) as well as DBs in regards to their technique.

We'll review this and see if we can get it added into a KB article or added to the practice page.

11/7/2015 11:37 PM samson75
Hello. I was wondering if practicing punting help my kicker and kicking help my punter?

11/9/2015 1:52 PM Customer Support
Hi Chris,

Unless you are using your Kicker as a punter, then practicing punting with your kicker will not improve his Field Goal chances.

Thanks.
3/31/2017 9:49 PM samson75
But practicing kicking or punting improves technique, correct? Is it position dependent? or can a kicker practice punting to improve technique?
4/4/2017 11:39 AM Customer Support
Chris,

It only helps for that position - practice kicking for place kickers and punting for punters. Otherwise it's not going to help much.

Response
4/4/2017 5:20 PM
◂ Prev 12

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.