Moral Obligation? Topic

Posted by emy1013 on 4/3/2017 5:32:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 4/3/2017 10:40:00 AM (view original):
Well, if we want to suspend reality, here's what we're to believe:
1. He didn't scout Canada with his D1 team.
2. He spent $600+ in D3 money to get to L2 or $1800+ to get to L4.

Maybe both of those happened. Much more likely, he did scout Canada with his D1 and scouted him up with D1 money. Then opened Canada with his D3 and recruited the guy. If he even scouted Canada with his D1 before dropping a single AP on the guy, there's a problem.
If you'd quit being so hardheaded, that's all Benis has been trying to say, that maybe both of those things happened. You, on the other hand, are assuming that because of the way things played out that Only MUST have cheated. You've accused him several times. Maybe he did, maybe he didn't. All Benis has been saying is that YOU don't know for sure.
Are you sure you're not flirting with me now?

wow. Finally someone gets what I've been saying. Holy smokes. Its possible he did since he had the means but its possible he didnt so don't just yell cheater cheater at someone when the evidence is incomplete and unconfirmed.
4/3/2017 5:39 PM
I don't have multiple ID's, YET. But there are only 3 (2 games a day) worlds. And I can't stand one game a day worlds, so I can understand why someone might use one.
4/3/2017 5:41 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 4/3/2017 2:59:00 PM (view original):
The evidence is circumstantial. If I was going to cheat, that's how I'd do it. But the timing, 1st/2nd day of recruiting, makes it look REALLY suspicious. And he never answered if he scouted Canada with his D1 team. If nothing else, he could have answered that one. If he did scout Canada with D1, well, there's a problem.

Liars and cheats are sneaky bastards. Coming out and saying "He's talking about me but I didn't cheat" doesn't prove anything. Someone was going to figure it out and tell everyone. Stepping forward could have just been a pre-emptive strike. Take nothing from it.
And coming out and saying "That looks fishy so I know he MUST have cheated" doesn't prove anything either Johnnie Cochran. Again, maybe he did, maybe he didn't but you're the one making the accusation so prove it. Just because you THINK something happened doesn't mean that it DID happen. You're related to Etta, aren't you?
4/3/2017 5:45 PM
Posted by kashmir75 on 4/3/2017 3:07:00 PM (view original):
I looked at the link....it's the internet, it isn't as if I have never seen a dick before........

As it turns out, it is in fact, a screen shot of a sent ticket. Not really what I would deem as the action path of a cheater.
He sent me that link too. Unlike some of you, I was actually pretty disappointed it was only a screenshot of his ticket...

:(
4/3/2017 5:45 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 4/3/2017 4:19:00 PM (view original):
Well, it was a loophole and, regardless of your definition, it was was cheating. To the best of my knowledge, no one was punished but the loophole was closed.

IMO, using D1 scouting for your D3 team is a loophole and it is cheating. My assumption, and to be fair, that's what it is even though it LOOKS REALLY SUSPICIOUS, 0nly used a loophole to benefit his D3 school. If he did cheat, he should lose the team that benefited. And WifS should close this loophole forever.

Which, truth be told, sucks. If a guy wants 13 teams, and we know HD needs that guy to have 13 teams, he should have 13 teams. It's probably way too much work to prevent a single user from having a known alias and preventing both of them from scouting the same state/same level but that's what should be done to accommodate Mr.13teams and prevent cheating.
If no one was punished, then how was it cheating? If it was such an egregious act, surely punishments would have been appropriate, no? Might it have been morally wrong? Maybe, but being morally wrong doesn't necessarily equate to cheating, does it?
4/3/2017 5:53 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 4/3/2017 4:22:00 PM (view original):
And, yes, if I had two teams in the same world, I'm almost positive I'd fall to the temptation. If I found the 65th PG with my D3 team and I needed a PG on my D2 team, there's no way I'd forget I found him in Montana. And, even if I didn't scout him up with my D3 money, I'd still have the advantage of knowing he's in Montana. I'd feel stupid by punishing myself and not scouting Montana.
So because you just admitted that YOU are morally corrupt, that automatically (in your mind apparently) means that everyone else is as well because surely your way is the only way anyone would ever do anything. I retract my question about you being related to Etta, I'm very much starting to believe you ARE Etta. Damn you're arrogant.
4/3/2017 5:56 PM
Posted by shoe3 on 4/3/2017 4:04:00 PM (view original):
Posted by zorzii on 4/3/2017 3:06:00 PM (view original):
Shoe? Come on, 3.0 certainly makes more rewarding and easier. You can grab D1 player at D3. Easy to see if he cheated, did he scout the player to level 4 with his D1 team? When did he scout internationals and paid for it on his D3... but to me it's not the problem. I think the rule do not fit the new game anymore.
In 2.0, a D3 having access to what a D1 could uncover via FSS was way more valuable, on the whole. In that system, you could see every recruit of every level, in every state, and you could cherry-pick by geography the guys you wouldn't have to fight for; and while you could only pull-down from your "range", it took basically no resources to determine what your range was. The $120 special, or whatever it was (coach call + start + scholarship) was all it took to get some of those guys, so if you could be pretty sure you'd be able to land them, basically no risk. Adding what a D1 could uncover by FSS would be a goldmine, and I suspect that was used to build way more D3 dynasties than this international scouting loophole.

Now, you still have to find him (and pay for the scouting), you may need to fight someone like piman (or importantly, a higher division team) for him, there's no considering credit to protect you from drop-in snipers, and sims jump on guys like that all the time, and can be harder to fend off than they used to be. And you can lose a roll, which can make it all for naught. Except on internationals, I don't see a lot of value for this type of cheating. It makes scouting way less efficient, and the payoff is less predictable.
Shoe - I think you should take special note of this because this may never happen again. But you've actually changed my mind about something.

I initially thought the way Zorzii thinks and that it's worse in 3.0 and in some cases it's true (like internationals) but I think you're right overall. It was probably worse in 2.0 because of how the funds were distributed (scouting and recruiting money mixed into one bucket).

And I never really understood the 1000 mile rule. If I have a D1 team in CA and a D3 team in NY, I could still just scout NY and PA with my D1 team. That would save my D3 team a HUGE portion of my recruiting budget. Now I could recruit with 4 openings like I have 6. Or I could do more Scouting Trips. Either way, it's advantages are huge and it goes without say, it'd be cheating big time.
4/3/2017 5:58 PM
Posted by Benis on 4/3/2017 5:39:00 PM (view original):

Maybe both of those happened. Much more likely, he did scout Canada with his D1 and scouted him up with D1 money. Then opened Canada with his D3 and recruited the guy. If he even scouted Canada with his D1 before dropping a single AP on the guy, there's a problem.
If you'd quit being so hardheaded, that's all Benis has been trying to say, that maybe both of those things happened. You, on the other hand, are assuming that because of the way things played out that Only MUST have cheated. You've accused him several times. Maybe he did, maybe he didn't. All Benis has been saying is that YOU don't know for sure.

wow. Finally someone gets what I've been saying. Holy smokes. Its possible he did since he had the means but its possible he didnt so don't just yell cheater cheater at someone when the evidence is incomplete and unconfirmed.
Pretty simple concept really. Well, for anyone out of middle school anyway.
4/3/2017 5:58 PM
"If no one was punished, then how was it cheating?" ROFLMAO.

OMG, when a hater like emy turns into a rocket scientist and speaks a cosmic truth like that, how can anyone not believe that he and bevis and Only are being unfairly crucified? Now they can throw a parade for only and the other cheaters and the handful of loudmouths that lined up with him. That parade might take two minutes if they walk slow enough. Surely that will bring this thread to a halt.
4/3/2017 7:49 PM
Posted by emy1013 on 4/3/2017 5:20:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 4/2/2017 10:41:00 PM (view original):
Posted by zorzii on 4/2/2017 9:01:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cubcub113 on 4/2/2017 8:58:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 4/2/2017 8:20:00 PM (view original):
As best I can tell, only two people don't see a problem. The cheater and his pal.
People may see a problem (like me) but I don't think Only cheated. Those are very different statements.
I don't think he cheated. I think he needs to drop his second ID and be clear of suspicions. Two IDS is unacceptable in 3.0.. It just is too tempting.
There is absolutely no reason to believe he didn't cheat. It's pretty apparent what happened in this single instance. As previously mentioned, he could have been doing it for several seasons. In fact, it could work the other way too. He could scout D1 players, locally, with his D3 school and recruit with his D1 school. No reason to believe he hasn't. Someone with time on their hands could cross-reference his rosters in all 3 worlds and see how many times it's happened.
Then if you're so sure, put your argument together, submit a ticket to CS, and see what they do. If you're right, you're right. But put your money where your mouth is and if CS finds no indication of wrongdoing, then man up and buy the coach in question a 10 pack of seasons. I mean, if you're SO sure that he cheated, nut up big boy.
I don't report people. That's pussified.
4/3/2017 8:01 PM

If it walks like a duck and it sounds like a duck, it's probably a goddam duck.

Yesterday, someone asked "Did you scout Canada with your D1 team?" Mr.Vocal never responded. Why?

4/3/2017 8:02 PM
Posted by Benis on 4/3/2017 5:39:00 PM (view original):

Maybe you can have a nice circle jerk. 3 should be enough.
4/3/2017 8:03 PM
Posted by emy1013 on 4/3/2017 5:45:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 4/3/2017 2:59:00 PM (view original):
The evidence is circumstantial. If I was going to cheat, that's how I'd do it. But the timing, 1st/2nd day of recruiting, makes it look REALLY suspicious. And he never answered if he scouted Canada with his D1 team. If nothing else, he could have answered that one. If he did scout Canada with D1, well, there's a problem.

Liars and cheats are sneaky bastards. Coming out and saying "He's talking about me but I didn't cheat" doesn't prove anything. Someone was going to figure it out and tell everyone. Stepping forward could have just been a pre-emptive strike. Take nothing from it.
And coming out and saying "That looks fishy so I know he MUST have cheated" doesn't prove anything either Johnnie Cochran. Again, maybe he did, maybe he didn't but you're the one making the accusation so prove it. Just because you THINK something happened doesn't mean that it DID happen. You're related to Etta, aren't you?
It's the internet. You PROVE it, dippy.

Are you some HD legend?
4/3/2017 8:04 PM
Posted by emy1013 on 4/3/2017 5:53:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 4/3/2017 4:19:00 PM (view original):
Well, it was a loophole and, regardless of your definition, it was was cheating. To the best of my knowledge, no one was punished but the loophole was closed.

IMO, using D1 scouting for your D3 team is a loophole and it is cheating. My assumption, and to be fair, that's what it is even though it LOOKS REALLY SUSPICIOUS, 0nly used a loophole to benefit his D3 school. If he did cheat, he should lose the team that benefited. And WifS should close this loophole forever.

Which, truth be told, sucks. If a guy wants 13 teams, and we know HD needs that guy to have 13 teams, he should have 13 teams. It's probably way too much work to prevent a single user from having a known alias and preventing both of them from scouting the same state/same level but that's what should be done to accommodate Mr.13teams and prevent cheating.
If no one was punished, then how was it cheating? If it was such an egregious act, surely punishments would have been appropriate, no? Might it have been morally wrong? Maybe, but being morally wrong doesn't necessarily equate to cheating, does it?
You cheat on your wife. You never get caught. No punishment, no consequences. Did you cheat, Einstein?
4/3/2017 8:05 PM
Posted by emy1013 on 4/3/2017 5:56:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 4/3/2017 4:22:00 PM (view original):
And, yes, if I had two teams in the same world, I'm almost positive I'd fall to the temptation. If I found the 65th PG with my D3 team and I needed a PG on my D2 team, there's no way I'd forget I found him in Montana. And, even if I didn't scout him up with my D3 money, I'd still have the advantage of knowing he's in Montana. I'd feel stupid by punishing myself and not scouting Montana.
So because you just admitted that YOU are morally corrupt, that automatically (in your mind apparently) means that everyone else is as well because surely your way is the only way anyone would ever do anything. I retract my question about you being related to Etta, I'm very much starting to believe you ARE Etta. Damn you're arrogant.
Kettle here. Hello, arrogant pot. Are you going to respond to all my posts? Talk to beachhouse. He keeps count of 'em. He can tell you a thing or two about obsession.
4/3/2017 8:06 PM
◂ Prev 1...10|11|12|13|14|15 Next ▸
Moral Obligation? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.