THE GONG SHOW ( FULL - - Thanks! ) Topic

Posted by Tucker T's on 4/2/2017 3:02:00 PM (view original):
Thanks guys . . . . those were fun years . . . .
Here's a clip with Unknown Comic . . . . . followed by a 21 minute clip . . .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BBZVQ4zBcU
This led me to two hours of clip-watching, including one where Jaye P. Morgan flashed the crowd while Gene Gene did his thing.

I might have to enter the league just on the basis of that inspiration alone. TBD on that.
4/3/2017 5:05 PM
She was definitely a wild gal for sure.
Here is her bio: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0604736/bio

More here including her rather lengthy credits list:
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0604736/?ref_=nmbio_bio_nm

Today in her 70's . . .
4/3/2017 5:43 PM (edited)
Can the 1976 players be from any team?

Once on vacation, we were all watching The Gong Show in our hotel room. During commercial, Dad got up to close the curtains because "I don't want anybody to know that we are watching The Gong Show."

When the show came back on, the first thing Chuck Barris said was "Don't close your curtains; we know you're watching us out there."

4/4/2017 8:23 AM
Posted by 2chair on 4/4/2017 8:23:00 AM (view original):
Can the 1976 players be from any team?

Once on vacation, we were all watching The Gong Show in our hotel room. During commercial, Dad got up to close the curtains because "I don't want anybody to know that we are watching The Gong Show."

When the show came back on, the first thing Chuck Barris said was "Don't close your curtains; we know you're watching us out there."

That is a funny story . . .
Yes, draft players from any team except NY and Philadelphia. The same holds true for the other years/seasons.
4/4/2017 10:27 AM
If Chuck Barris was alive today:

"Kendall Jenner, your Pepsi commercial was GANG GONGED! I liked your commercial. Then again, I like having diarrhea."
4/5/2017 9:50 AM
My team is made (some tough drafting involved to make the money work) and ready to go (it is a great hitting team, with only "Barrly" ok pitching [could have used a little "More Stuff"]- but perfect for the show), I'm going to name them "Going Going Gong" and we will be playing at "Wrigley Field". There will be confetti throwing "little people" and a golden gong trophy sometime in our future I can just feel it! And of Course Jayne P will be "flashing" the signs once again for our team! I'm so excited - great theme!!!!!

Other names I considered were:

Bang a Gong, Get it On
We'll be back with MORE STUFF
Almost Live from Hollywood
Suggestively Sucking Popcicles
-Feel free to take any of these others if you wish I would be honored!
4/5/2017 4:47 PM (edited)
2chair, you just have to call your team "Close the Curtains" or don't - Loved that story!!!
4/5/2017 4:56 PM (edited)
I was thinking Gang Gonged but I like Behind The Curtains - Gang Gonged Behind The Curtains sounds like an adult theme
4/6/2017 9:18 AM
USA 200 years old
Gerald Ford was President
I was working in Canada at the Tar Sands Project (Alberta) in a "man camp"
8000 men 800 women
I played in the evening @ Ft. McMurray catcher for the Bectal Bruins fast pitch team
Had to catch a "first-nation" pitcher who threw 80mph!.
Wore two pads on my glove hand.......
4/7/2017 9:52 AM
WoW . . . . 80mph fast-pitch fast ball.
I was a catcher for the fast-pitch team at McCord AFB in Tacoma. Almost 10 years before the Gong Show . . . .
In the 60's, I remember Elston Howard putting "falsies" in his glove to maybe catch a "Bullet" Bob Turley fast ball.
Boy, those were the days . . . . (softball and falsies) . . . .
4/7/2017 1:37 PM
Pretty sure Jaye P. wasn't using falsies ...
4/7/2017 1:51 PM
I'm in.
4/7/2017 11:58 PM
Welcome to "The Show" ben . . .
4/8/2017 10:21 AM
Posted by redcped on 4/7/2017 1:51:00 PM (view original):
Pretty sure Jaye P. wasn't using falsies ...

Come on red . . . who knows? You may get that Gong trophy!
4/8/2017 10:25 AM
I haven't had time to build a team yet, but I probably will.
4/8/2017 10:59 AM
◂ Prev 12345 Next ▸
THE GONG SHOW ( FULL - - Thanks! ) Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.