2017 Predictions Topic

good point. if someone had told me Porcello would win the cy young before last season I would have had the same reaction as I had when dahs said Morton might win. I guess anything can happen.
4/6/2017 12:22 PM
Posted by aginor on 4/6/2017 7:33:00 AM (view original):
Posted by Jtpsops on 4/5/2017 12:55:00 PM (view original):
I'd be shocked if Felix won. He seems to be regressing in his career now.
True but the fact the Seattle's team is better this season, means he could win some games. He can still bring it.

Morton is a guy teams have been asking about when they talk trade with the Astros. They know his potential. Good thing the Astros do too and didn't move him. Last season Porcello surprised, this season it could be Morton.
The Astros signed Morton to a 2 yr - $14 mil contract in November. I don't remember any teams asking about him over the offseason. It's a small contract, if they wanted him, they woulda signed him
4/6/2017 12:22 PM
Posted by wylie715 on 4/6/2017 12:22:00 PM (view original):
good point. if someone had told me Porcello would win the cy young before last season I would have had the same reaction as I had when dahs said Morton might win. I guess anything can happen.
Ya, that's a fair point.
4/6/2017 3:28 PM
Posted by d_rock97 on 4/6/2017 12:22:00 PM (view original):
Posted by aginor on 4/6/2017 7:33:00 AM (view original):
Posted by Jtpsops on 4/5/2017 12:55:00 PM (view original):
I'd be shocked if Felix won. He seems to be regressing in his career now.
True but the fact the Seattle's team is better this season, means he could win some games. He can still bring it.

Morton is a guy teams have been asking about when they talk trade with the Astros. They know his potential. Good thing the Astros do too and didn't move him. Last season Porcello surprised, this season it could be Morton.
The Astros signed Morton to a 2 yr - $14 mil contract in November. I don't remember any teams asking about him over the offseason. It's a small contract, if they wanted him, they woulda signed him
Sorry it was a few years ago when he was with Pittsburgh.....confused with another player. But I do remember hearing teams were interested due to his potential. Definitely could be the steal of the FA market this past off season.

4/6/2017 4:29 PM
Morton has looked really sharp for the Stros, but there's no way he was gonna win the Cy Young. But you did open my eyes to him and I've been paying attention when he pitches.
5/23/2017 4:54 PM
He's been striking a lot of guys out, but he hasn't been great. Just not getting enough outs in play. SIERA and xFIP do paint a bit rosier picture, though, with Morton ranking 14th and 10th, respectively. That velocity he splashed around in spring has turned out to be real - his two-seam fastball is up over 2 MPH and his 4-seamer is up about 4 MPH since last season. This represents the 3rd consecutive season in which he's experienced an uptick in velocity, all after his 30th birthday. Kind of an unusual case. Hasn't failed any drug tests, so the retooled delivery might be responsible.
5/23/2017 5:49 PM
SIERA and xFIP.

ROTFLMAO.
5/23/2017 9:23 PM
Thank you for your extremely helpful contribution to the conversation.
5/24/2017 3:28 AM (edited)
YVW.
5/24/2017 10:58 AM
Tried watching MLB Network during their ADVANCED METRICS!!! hour a few times. Ugh. The experts looked EXACTLY like I think ADVANCED METRICS!!!! experts would look.
5/24/2017 1:00 PM
BTW, screw you experts who put the Yanks in 4th.
5/24/2017 1:01 PM
Perhaps SIERA and xFIP is responsible for the Yankees 4th place predictions.
5/24/2017 1:03 PM
FWIW, I like talking about exit speeds, bat trajectory, etc, etc. That's real game **** that matters. xFIP? Nah, STFU.
5/24/2017 1:14 PM
You can ignore it all you want. xFIP predicts rest-of-season ERA much better than ERA. And SIERA predicts much better than xFIP. These are facts.
5/24/2017 5:52 PM
how bout them mariners
5/24/2017 6:04 PM
◂ Prev 12345 Next ▸
2017 Predictions Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.