2017 Predictions Topic

SIERA also brought the world "Leisure Suit Larry". So there's that.

5/24/2017 7:23 PM
Posted by dahsdebater on 5/24/2017 5:52:00 PM (view original):
You can ignore it all you want. xFIP predicts rest-of-season ERA much better than ERA. And SIERA predicts much better than xFIP. These are facts.
See, I try to care. I really, really do. But I'm not really interested in PREDICTING ****. I like to watch games and be entertained. Exit speed of 118 MPH? Damn, he hit the beejesus out of that one. Pitcher's new xFIP after serving up that blast? Don't ******* care. But I predict, if someone crushes another one like, that SOB pitcher will be icing his arm in the locker room.
5/24/2017 7:27 PM (edited)
Watching Morton against my Tigers.
1st inning:
-Throws all fastballs to Kinsler who grounds out weakly
-Looked ugly against Avila, walking him on 4 pitches (3 off speed)
-Throws a fastball right down the middle to Miggy who lines it into RF for a single
Throws all offspeed to V-Mart who hits a one-hopper right to Altuve. Automatic DP.

Observations. Throws all fastballs to RH hitters. Throws all offspeed to LH hitters. Hit kinda hard, and an ugly walk
Not a good inning.
5/24/2017 8:21 PM
Second Inning.

Man his slider is really moving. Gets K-Up looking with a fastball. Jams Mahtook to induce a weak grounder to first. Falls behind the hitter for the fourth straight time. Romine walks on a close 3-2 pitch. Gets Tyler Collins looking, but everyone does that.

Observations. Took too many pitches to retire such a weak part of the lineup.
5/24/2017 8:47 PM
Inning #3

-Iggy does Iggy things. Turns a great pitch into an infield single.
-Kinsler pounces on a fastball for a double.
-Morton struggles to throw strikes against Avila again. All offspeed. 1 gets away for a wild pitch.
-Miggy jumps on first pitch fastball. 1 hopper to the shortstop. Again; automatic DP.
-V-Mart sitting on slider. Pulls a bunch foul before grounding out into the shift

Observations: second time thru lineup, RHH expecting fastballs early. LHH sitting on offspeed. Double play killed another rally.
5/24/2017 9:09 PM
Inning 4

-again a fastball to RH Upton, who breaks his bat and grounds out weakly. Upton's timing seems way off
- Mahtook gets a fastball on a 2-0 count (shocker) grounds out to short
- Romine is started off with a slider for a ball. Watches a fastball for a strike. Misses twice on the slider to strike out.

observations: Morton is giving up .340 BA second time thru the order. I see why, still hasn't mixed things up. Everyone knows what's coming, but with JD and Castellanos off, Morton gets a free inning facing Mahtook, Romine, Collins, and Iggy
5/24/2017 9:52 PM (edited)
5th inning

Bregman makes a great play on the foul pop, but nevertheless, Collins is pretty much a free out.

Morton mixed things up. 4 straight curveballs to Iggy to strike him out.

Kinsler sitting on fastball, just misses, flies out to CF warning track.

Observation: second quick, easy inning in a row. Mostly due to the lineup. If he gets thru Avila, Miggy, V-Mart, I can see him going 8 innings
5/24/2017 9:48 PM (edited)
What's his xFIP?
5/24/2017 9:49 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 5/24/2017 9:49:00 PM (view original):
What's his xFIP?
5/24/2017 9:54 PM
6th inning

4 straight sliders, should be ball 4 but it's
2-2. Avila strikes out looking on fastball

Miggy grounds out on a 2-0 fastball to short

Victor pushes a slider over the shortstop's head for a single.

Upton weakly grounds out to short.

Observations: 99% fastballs to RHH, 99% Slider/Curve to LHH. Struggling to throw strikes. Lots of 2-0, 2-1 counts . No ones making him pay and it's frustrating.
5/24/2017 10:02 PM (edited)
7th inning

Started throwing sliders to Mahtook, who grounds out to third.

Romine gets a fastball down the middle first pitch, and grounds out to 2nd.

Shocker! Tyler Collins doesn't get on base. Pretty sure he's batting under .100 in May

observations: Morton definitely more aggressive against Mahtook, Romine, Collins, Iggy. Doesn't like throwing strikes to Kinsler, Avila, Miggy, or V-Mart.

Slider moving, fastball at 95 all game. But I could tell what pitch was coming since the second inning. Was disappointed he got such a weak lineup to pitch against.
5/24/2017 10:15 PM
Morton is done. This must be what watching the Rams offense must feel like. Just knowing what's coming (run up the middle on first and second down), and watching helplessly as they don't score.
5/24/2017 10:24 PM
Update!!!!

TyCo got a hit! Snaps an 0-18.

This is after he snapped an 0-32 just a week ago.
5/24/2017 10:45 PM
Posted by d_rock97 on 4/3/2017 6:35:00 PM (view original):
Posted by dahsdebater on 4/3/2017 4:27:00 PM (view original):
I also like Charlie Morton for AL Cy. I think he's going to emerge as the Astros ace this season if he stays healthy. He's throwing the ball easily the best he's ever thrown it this spring.
Hahahahahahaha.

it was a joke, right?
So Morton didn't emerge as a serious Cy Young candidate, but he did go 14-7 and he was just arguably the best pitcher in the World Series his team won.

Four guys threw double digit innings in the series. Their ERAs:

Clayton Kershaw - 4.02
Justin Verlander - 3.75
Dallas Keuchel - 5.23
Charlie Morton - 1.74
11/2/2017 12:06 AM
Posted by d_rock97 on 5/24/2017 10:24:00 PM (view original):
Morton is done. This must be what watching the Rams offense must feel like. Just knowing what's coming (run up the middle on first and second down), and watching helplessly as they don't score.
LOL....Such a royal dumbass.
11/2/2017 12:24 AM
◂ Prev 12345 Next ▸
2017 Predictions Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.