Need EE reminder :( Topic

With 5 open scholarships what's the max # of EEs a team can lose?
4/3/2017 6:43 AM
I *think* the max number of EEs + graduating seniors you can lose is 6. Your Badgers have 2 SRs, so I think the max you can lose EE-wise is 4. Walk-ons don't factor into the equation. Hopefully someone with more D1 experience can confirm.
4/3/2017 8:46 AM
SRs + EEs maxes out at 6.

1-yr transfer SRs do not count in this total though.

I am not positive about players transferring out, but I think if they leave on their own accord, it might also count towards the 6 and could block a potential EE.
4/3/2017 9:09 AM
I had total of seven go two years in a row (1-2 seniors plus 5-6 ee) the first two seasons of 3.0.
i was ticked because the old total was 6...
the first year, the explanation was that I had a senior transfer. Got it.
The second year? I graduated two and still had 5 ee's. No idea.

Its supposed to be 6.
But I got no real explanation and think there could be a bug that will be exposed less than .01% so they don't care.
4/3/2017 11:53 AM
Okay I'm a little slow so bear with me.

I may have my first EE ever this season. Boris Lewandoski (aka the Big Lewandoski) is on the fence but has been climbing on the draft board all season.

https://www.whatifsports.com/hd/PlayerProfile/Ratings.aspx?tid=0&pid=3531328

I have 5 seniors and 2 walkons. So we're sure the walkons don't count on this and he could still leave?

And in this case, it doesn't really matter if I got resources in the 1st session for him or not. I'm already losing 7 guys so tacking on another one isn't going to change much. Going to be a complete overhaul anyway and recruiting will be crazy - ha.
4/5/2017 9:39 AM
The rule is supposed to be a max of 6 total graduating + EE. Senior X'fers and walkons do not count (no idea what would happen if a player with a potential 5th year had a sub-2.0 gpa and was not eligible to return). Not sure how stewdog's second year example happened. However, I believe that a lot of the old version "patches", like this one, may not function perfectly with the new programming. My suspicion is that the admin is just betting that no one is going to have 5-6 potential EE anymore...but that's only an explanation of why they don't care.

This rule does not prevent Lewandoski from leaving, in Benis' example, but I think the odds are good that he'll stay.
4/5/2017 11:06 AM
Periodic EE *****.

Lost three EEs, on top of five vacancies (two for seniors and three for EEs from the year before).

Have two real signees (plus a 1 year transfer) just to get to seven roster spots filled.

Had two other candidates I was chasing but was battling much lesser schools (NM and Pepperdine, against me at UCLA). But I only had two cycles with the extra AP -- and couldn't get enough of a lead to put them down. Was leading both (one 66-34, other 74-26). Of course lost both "coin flips".

So now looking at 4-5 walkons this year (am jumping in on another guy I had walked from earlier),

No, I expect nothing from the forum, except, god forbid, someone from WiS sees this, realizes that EEs and Coaches Switching Jobs are BROKEN and finally does something about it.

Mike, feel free to complain and take your other Forum Terrorism Tactics. You are blocked and will be ignored.
4/5/2017 11:50 AM
You won't block me. You're just like the other 27 who claimed to have done so.

But thanks for your EE *****. You're about 4 days late. Please be on time with the next one. It's due on 4/28 per your previous schedule. Thanks in advance.
4/5/2017 12:05 PM
And, until your snarky response, you might notice that I stayed out of this one. It's wasn't your, I mean "the", standard EE thread. It was a question. I wasn't compelled to comment.
4/5/2017 12:07 PM
Posted by rogelio on 4/5/2017 11:06:00 AM (view original):
The rule is supposed to be a max of 6 total graduating + EE. Senior X'fers and walkons do not count (no idea what would happen if a player with a potential 5th year had a sub-2.0 gpa and was not eligible to return). Not sure how stewdog's second year example happened. However, I believe that a lot of the old version "patches", like this one, may not function perfectly with the new programming. My suspicion is that the admin is just betting that no one is going to have 5-6 potential EE anymore...but that's only an explanation of why they don't care.

This rule does not prevent Lewandoski from leaving, in Benis' example, but I think the odds are good that he'll stay.
Thanks Rog, appreciate it.
4/5/2017 6:00 PM
That's rough, Kevin.
As for the second season I had, I didn't fill the whole roster after losing 7 (5 ee, 2 seniors, 1 transfer senior).
Which is impossible to do unless you take D2 quality guys, so I did have a walkon. That would explain losing 5 more ee the next year plus 2 more seniors.
I didn't know walkons didn't count. They haven't in the past, and yes I knew a thing or two about losing the max. Interesting. Are you sure walkons dont count?
4/6/2017 9:17 AM
Posted by stewdog on 4/6/2017 9:17:00 AM (view original):
That's rough, Kevin.
As for the second season I had, I didn't fill the whole roster after losing 7 (5 ee, 2 seniors, 1 transfer senior).
Which is impossible to do unless you take D2 quality guys, so I did have a walkon. That would explain losing 5 more ee the next year plus 2 more seniors.
I didn't know walkons didn't count. They haven't in the past, and yes I knew a thing or two about losing the max. Interesting. Are you sure walkons dont count?
I had a solution. One EE max, lost, as soon as a team has three on the big board, lose 1 for sure. And players off the board, can't declare. It would fix the mess. As for 1 or 2 EE, you can lose one, and likely staying, likely going, on the fence, helps you prepare for the odds.
4/6/2017 9:45 AM
Posted by zorzii on 4/6/2017 9:45:00 AM (view original):
Posted by stewdog on 4/6/2017 9:17:00 AM (view original):
That's rough, Kevin.
I had a solution. One EE max, lost, as soon as a team has three on the big board, lose 1 for sure. And players off the board, can't declare. It would fix the mess. As for 1 or 2 EE, you can lose one, and likely staying, likely going, on the fence, helps you prepare for the odds.
close to something MikeT proposed - but details improve the concept.
4/6/2017 11:23 AM
Posted by lakevin on 4/5/2017 11:50:00 AM (view original):
Periodic EE *****.

Lost three EEs, on top of five vacancies (two for seniors and three for EEs from the year before).

Have two real signees (plus a 1 year transfer) just to get to seven roster spots filled.

Had two other candidates I was chasing but was battling much lesser schools (NM and Pepperdine, against me at UCLA). But I only had two cycles with the extra AP -- and couldn't get enough of a lead to put them down. Was leading both (one 66-34, other 74-26). Of course lost both "coin flips".

So now looking at 4-5 walkons this year (am jumping in on another guy I had walked from earlier),

No, I expect nothing from the forum, except, god forbid, someone from WiS sees this, realizes that EEs and Coaches Switching Jobs are BROKEN and finally does something about it.

Mike, feel free to complain and take your other Forum Terrorism Tactics. You are blocked and will be ignored.
I didn't realize you were beating us 66 to 34 for the guard. Makes up a little for the 75-25 I lost in another world to a lesser team. It's painful to lose those. I did have over 1100 AP invested in the guy we battled for (I am at New Mexico).
4/6/2017 11:21 PM
I can take losing EE's as part of the game. Its what you have to deal with for landing top talent. I get it. But what is so stupid and beyond my comprehension is the SIM signing players to scholarships that are glorified walk-ons. I am still recovering from a similar situation like Kevin's only I had 6 players on scholarship last season and improved to 7 this season. But because I lost a few seniors last season, I had max resources to recruit the players I did this season, even thought I was leading on a 5* player and lost yet another coin flip.

So instead of starting this season with 5 Walk-ons like I did last season, the SIM signs 2 players and now I get to start recruiting with only the resources for 3 players. I give up. It seems like for every little bit I dig out of the hole I'm in, WIS manages to find a way to shovel a lot more dirt back in. I am afraid to say, unless there are huge changes made and soon, this game is DEAD.
4/7/2017 9:40 AM
12 Next ▸
Need EE reminder :( Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.