Iba Season 93 D-II Topic

Posted by getbedarded on 4/9/2017 11:59:00 PM (view original):
Posted by pdxblazerfan on 4/6/2017 11:38:00 PM (view original):
Idk zorzii, seems to me that he is actually trapped in Florida because of us. It's not a terrible place to be trapped, but since every surrounding state is full of schools it costs him a fortune to find and battle for the recruits he does get out of state...being in Florida also comes at a price I think.

Not so for the west coast teams, which have been able to take advantage of the scarce human coaching out there.
It's all about geography. To say he benefits because of Florida is a bit of a misnomer. To say teamvip benefits because he shares 500+ miles south from Jacksonville with St. Leo, that's a valid argument. Agreed that if Florida is bare teamvip is in trouble, but fortunately for him, Florida always has a lot of recruits (and a lot of sim coaches). I would rather be in Jacksonville FL than Greenville SC. Or GA/NC/VA.

But hey, if I REALLY wanted to be in Florida I'd join the Sunshine conference. So I'll just sit here, eating my sour grapes, and refusing to put my money where my mouth is :)

Also - I think Texas and California is really where it's at. More so than Florida.
Back when I coached Parkside in the GLV, I used to be able to pull a lot of really good recruits out of both Illinois and Michigan. Occasionally Wisconsin and Minnesota would have a gem too. Wasn't the ideal place to recruit given that I'd almost always end up butting heads with the great Greenhawks at Bellarmine but it wasn't that bad either. Definitely not anywhere near as good as Texas, Cali, Florida, NC, SC, VA but really not as crowded either. Took over WV Wesleyan this season and so far I'm not a fan of the area but that could very well be because I was way behind everyone else in recruiting. I've got PA, NY, and OH right next door so I'm hoping that my second go round will be a lot more productive than my first attempt.

By the way, nice to see a lot of the same faces here as when I left for my self imposed hiatus. Looking forward to trying to get WV Wesleyan up to the elite level with some of the other powerhouse schools, although with this new format it might take a season or three.

Also, if you guys end up short one school for any of your conference challenges, I'd be more than willing to fill that empty spot. Thanks.
4/11/2017 12:11 AM
Welcome back emy, strange to see you somewhere else other than Parkside.

Long_ge, thanks for picking up the Yarnell duties from hacker. N Florida affirms they are the team to beat with a Yarnell title.

Incarnate Word versus Bentley tonight. 6 players from the pre-season all-American lists taking part, hopefully will be a really good one.
4/12/2017 9:05 AM
I'm looking to build NW Nazarene into a national power. Hopefully I can snag some recruits form out West.
4/12/2017 3:15 PM
Battle of undefeateds tonight, St Edwards vs Incarnate Word
4/19/2017 8:55 PM
Posted by davefilby on 4/12/2017 9:05:00 AM (view original):
Welcome back emy, strange to see you somewhere else other than Parkside.

Long_ge, thanks for picking up the Yarnell duties from hacker. N Florida affirms they are the team to beat with a Yarnell title.

Incarnate Word versus Bentley tonight. 6 players from the pre-season all-American lists taking part, hopefully will be a really good one.
Thanks Dave, strange to BE somewhere other than Parkside.
5/6/2017 7:02 PM
Interesting NT this year. Far fewer upsets than we usually have. Wonder if that is a byproduct of 3.0 (veteran coaches getting better players than they previously had access to)? Pretty talented E8 group tonight. Think the fat lady is warming up for Lander, Philly is tough.
5/8/2017 9:18 PM
Congrats to Kennesaw. Proves that getting to the NT with a good team means more than seeding.
5/11/2017 4:27 PM
◂ Prev 12
Iba Season 93 D-II Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.