The Cheater's Club? Topic

This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Sigh..

Most of us would say that yes this is cheating and if it was reported to CS then actions would be taken. Therefore you would receive a punishment.

I get a couple people said that you cant share info with yourself but the vast majority agrees you can and its against the rules.

/thread.
4/4/2017 7:32 AM
Your boy emy flat out said he did this. It appears your boy 0nly did it. Your boy wiz insists no rules are broken under the above.

It seems like it's OK in this environment. I'm just trying to get the lay of the land.
4/4/2017 7:42 AM
BTW, there is no way to catch anyone doing this. "I scouted AZ with my CT team. Otherwise I wouldn't have been able to offer a scholarship. I did it at Level 1 and got lucky." Prove that didn't happen and that I used an AZ team to scout for me.

Because, around here, the obvious isn't good enough. You need a smoking gun.
4/4/2017 7:49 AM
Probably happens often enough. For those of us like myself who don't play the game that way, we just resign ourselves to the fact that it is a small part of the HD culture. I hardly have the time to manage my own teams, let alone try to connect the dots between alt IDs.
4/4/2017 8:04 AM
Whatever you say mike. I don't know why you bother asking these questions. You never listen. You admit that you don't even read posts if they're too long.

we will just argue and argue until this thread reaches 10 pages of garbage. Can't wait for your boy Spud to show up and you guys can ride off into the sunset together on your high horse.
4/4/2017 8:10 AM
Maybe you and your group of "It's not against the FPG" can ride off into the sunset when they show up..

Personally, I think it's downright sad that someone would cheat to be good at an internet simgame. What's the point? "Hey, good job!!!" from the other users?

And, what's worse, the "culture" around here encourages it.
4/4/2017 8:21 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 4/4/2017 8:21:00 AM (view original):
Maybe you and your group of "It's not against the FPG" can ride off into the sunset when they show up..

Personally, I think it's downright sad that someone would cheat to be good at an internet simgame. What's the point? "Hey, good job!!!" from the other users?

And, what's worse, the "culture" around here encourages it.
Wrong.
4/4/2017 8:28 AM
This *undoubtedly* happens, is a prime reason many of us detest the "free HD" method of promoting the game, and is *definitely* cheating. It's against FPG and basically any standard of decency. And it's next to impossible for any of us to pick up on who is doing it, if the cheater is somewhat competent.

Even WIS would have a hard time catching someone who knew what he was doing. I also play an online horse racing simulation, and there was a guy there who started multiple different accounts, each tied with a different email and he was very careful about only logging in to each account from a certain place (home, work, one of several libraries, etc). Absolutely insane the lengths he went to cover his tracks. But he got caught because of how he was using those extra accounts; he would buy unworked, unraced horses with his main account, work them, then those who didn't meet his standards, would sell to these dummy accounts, basically eliminating his purchase risk. I would have never believed that people would work that hard to get ahead at an Internet game, but I've seen it firsthand, and since learned that it is something akin to a badge of honor among hardcore gamerz.

Some people say that's just "griefing" (a made up gamerz word that no literate adult should ever use, but I digress), not cheating. Those people are ridiculous.

4/4/2017 8:29 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 4/4/2017 7:42:00 AM (view original):
Your boy emy flat out said he did this. It appears your boy 0nly did it. Your boy wiz insists no rules are broken under the above.

It seems like it's OK in this environment. I'm just trying to get the lay of the land.
I swore I wasn't going to waste my time posting anymore but I'll make this one final exception. No Mike, I did NOT admit that I used teams to scout for one another. What I did admit was that those three ID's belonged to either my son or I. I also admitted that it was no secret and that I was very open about those being ID's that belonged to one or the other of us. You read what want to read and infer what you want to infer. As I told Npb in a sitemail just a second ago, any one of you can post anything you want after this and I'll not even try to refute any claim made against me. Someone has a problem with something I did or how I play the game then take it to CS and see what they think. Otherwise, don't even bother.
4/4/2017 8:40 AM
You state that there is "no way" of catching this. Actually, there are ways of catching some of this if WIS and Fox Sports did not have bigger problems. And yes I see several things every year that proves "gaming the system" and even "cheating" is a part of the culture.

I have never been one to promote controversy, where no controversy exists, but IF WIS would ever solve some bigger issues, I would like to see "sanctions" become part of the culture. Just think of it as WIS becoming the NCAA.

My comments are to merely stimulate conversation, but how about a "dynamic College Basketball Game that simulates real life". I am pretty sure that was the hook line they used in 2009 to catch my attention. A return to that "dynamic" game would be nice.
4/4/2017 8:59 AM
PS: emy don't need to cheat, as he is the "John Wooden" of HD. Many people accused UCLA of "unfair practices" back in the day, but when everything was said and done, Wooden was a better Coach than most, and a very good communicator who excelled at recruiting the best possible young men to play Basketball at UCLA. He an Geno (UConn Women) created dynasties because of their extraordinary ability to Communicate with 17 to 22 year olds. While emy does not get to communicate with his digital players, he has a grasp and understanding of the games....play him if you doubt it. He will game plan the heck out of you and he recruits at a level I will never recruit.

And for anyone who is now creating a picture that I am another Id for emy, I do not know him or his children, and I have never received any communication from him other then in the "Coaches Corner" of a World or two we were in. My comments are from the mutual respect for the way one person plays this game. Accusing people via forum posts will scare off the noobs we so very badly need. You doubters need to either hash this out via sitemail, or "grow a set".
4/4/2017 9:11 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by wvufan76 on 4/4/2017 8:59:00 AM (view original):
You state that there is "no way" of catching this. Actually, there are ways of catching some of this if WIS and Fox Sports did not have bigger problems. And yes I see several things every year that proves "gaming the system" and even "cheating" is a part of the culture.

I have never been one to promote controversy, where no controversy exists, but IF WIS would ever solve some bigger issues, I would like to see "sanctions" become part of the culture. Just think of it as WIS becoming the NCAA.

My comments are to merely stimulate conversation, but how about a "dynamic College Basketball Game that simulates real life". I am pretty sure that was the hook line they used in 2009 to catch my attention. A return to that "dynamic" game would be nice.
The current standard is for the user to find some evidence and send to WifS to investigate.

As noted in the other thread, everyone was reluctant to accuse anyone of any wrongdoing despite some pretty solid facts that it existed.

The users here allow it. Those who see it as a "loophole" will use it. Hence, "no way" to catch it because the vast majority either don't want to make waves or think it's OK.
4/4/2017 9:17 AM
This one:
Quote post by mrslam34 on 4/4/2017 12:32:00 AM:
Posted by emy1013 on 4/4/2017 12:13:00 AM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 4/3/2017 11:37:00 PM (view original):
You gotta shorten it up.

No idea who it is who really told me. Signed up today so I'm sure he's just an alias.

So, if there's no punishment, no breaking of FPG, there's no cheating? Just want to be clear on the subject from your perspective.
You can try to hide Npb's identity all you like, but it's obvious that it's him. I still have his sitemail that uses almost the exact same phrasing as your new "anonymous" source. I'll admit to playing the hypocrite in this instance but to paraphrase you "If it walks, like a duck, blah, blah, blah".

Are the Fairplay Guidelines not the rules? Just want your perspective on that first. Because if you agree that the Fairplay Guidelines ARE the rules and there is no breaking of those Guidelines, then no there is no cheating per se.

If there is something in this game that is not working as Wis intended, then that is on THEM to fix that issue/bug/loophole/whatever term you want to call it. I have no issue with users testing the limits of the system that Wis put in place. Is it that the user is "cheating" or is it that he/she is simply "more creative" and "thinking farther outside the box" than another coach? Personal perspective I suppose but in my time as a supervisor, I both appreciated and applauded my workers who tried new things and didn't stick to the status quo.

You call it "cheating", I call it "experimenting". Semantics maybe. Potato/potatoe, tomato/tomatoe. To each their own.

I've said my piece, nothing more to add to this thread.
I get that mindset and agree that exploiting a loophole or pushing the boundaries isn't cheating if no rules are broken. It's definitely on WIS to clarify the rules and then enforce them.

A few pages back there was discussion about whether the behavior at issue violates the fair play guidelines as written. As a lawyer I could definitely argue it either way, but I find the "rules were broken" argument more compelling. Sharing scouting information between two teams controlled by one person is essentially the same as sharing info between two different people. The fact that this "experimental" strategy requires two different accounts only strengthens that argument.
4/4/2017 9:19 AM
1|2|3...8 Next ▸
The Cheater's Club? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.