What's the most teams you've had at once? Topic

So......I'm new here, and loving it, and somewhat addicted. I currently have 6 active teams but soon to have 7 to 10. Which got me wondering, I see so many owners here with 10s of thousands of games played..........what's the most teams some of you HOFers have had at one time? ????
4/6/2017 8:06 PM
50-55 regular season / playoffs + 5ish TOC
4/6/2017 8:09 PM
I once had 62 teams going on at once. Took me almost an hour each time I checked the all the box scores and made my adjustments after every sim run. Now I have about 10 teams active. Much easier to manage.
4/8/2017 12:35 PM
I haven't carried more than 8-10 teams at a time in more than 8 years, but I remember a time where I always had at least 30-40 during a slow time, and definitely remember 60+ in the heat of passion during my 15 year affair with this site.
4/8/2017 4:37 PM
Same as the guys above...10-15 now. Back several years ago, 45-60 on a regular basis for close to 2 years. Like A51, my passion for the game has waned over the last few years. I play mostly progressives now, but that is starting fade because of all the tanking being done.
4/8/2017 7:36 PM
Same as mensu1954... used to run 45-60 teams out there with a high of 72. I'd have 30-40 open league teams and 15-20 theme league teams. Leagues back then were pretty quick to fill... that's the only way you could run that many. I doubt it could be done today.... leagues don't fill fast enough. Like Scott, I play mostly progressives now.

NebHusker, do you still live in Nebraska?
4/8/2017 11:01 PM
Posted by mensu1954 on 4/8/2017 7:36:00 PM (view original):
Same as the guys above...10-15 now. Back several years ago, 45-60 on a regular basis for close to 2 years. Like A51, my passion for the game has waned over the last few years. I play mostly progressives now, but that is starting fade because of all the tanking being done.
The tanking is something we agree on 100%, Scott...sad but true.
4/8/2017 11:04 PM
Posted by Bootone on 4/8/2017 11:01:00 PM (view original):
Same as mensu1954... used to run 45-60 teams out there with a high of 72. I'd have 30-40 open league teams and 15-20 theme league teams. Leagues back then were pretty quick to fill... that's the only way you could run that many. I doubt it could be done today.... leagues don't fill fast enough. Like Scott, I play mostly progressives now.

NebHusker, do you still live in Nebraska?
Yes I do, lived most of my life in the Omaha area.
4/9/2017 9:27 PM
I've never understood how having so many teams remains fun for so many owners. 3 at a time is my limit, and even that is too much for me to fully enjoy. I prefer to slowly scroll through the play by play before seeing the final result. That gets too time consuming with more than a couple teams. I'm glad others do like having a lot of teams, otherwise it would take even longer to fill new leagues or replace owners.

Re: tanking, my first attempt at a progressive league bases draft order on how many more games you manage to win than the corresponding franchise did in real-life. That has turned out to be a lot of fun for me, as you can get a race for the top picks, in addition to the pennant races. Playoff team are ineligible for high picks, so the only potential for tanking would be if someone tries to narrowly miss the playoffs in order to get a high pick.
4/10/2017 9:34 PM
What's the most teams you've had at once? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.