Wilkinson Central 131 Topic

All, I compiled a list of all coaches that I see that would be qualified for D1AA as of today. Maybe there's someone you played with before that may only take a gentle nudge or maybe the full court press to come and play in your conference.

http://mizzoucj.wixsite.com/wilkinsoncentral/single-post/2017/05/10/D2-Qualified-for-D1AA
5/10/2017 5:19 PM
Posted by z32fanatic on 5/9/2017 7:38:00 PM (view original):
Posted by z32fanatic on 5/6/2017 2:39:00 PM (view original):
Here's an ongoing look at the current job security statuses at D1, as I did last season as well:

In Jeopardy:
1. Missouri- Plays Syracuse (coached by yours truly) in a L2 bowl, which will make or break this job.
2. Baylor- Excellent season, currently ranked #14, playing in a L4 bowl. He should go up to LTNJ with a loss, and Secure if he wins.
3. Connecticut- 3-10 on the season so this job will be open. One of the better non-elite jobs in the game, so this is a significant opening.
4. Washington- Made a L3 bowl but has the misfortune of playing Notre Dame. If Washington wins they will move up to LTNJ or Secure, if they lose no telling what happens.

Little to No Jeopardy:
North Carolina- Won a L1 bowl. Will probably stay at LTNJ I would think.
Kansas St.- Didn't make a bowl game, will drop to In Jeopardy.
Temple- Won a L1 bowl, hard to say if they will improve status or stay the same. Needs to improve scheduling (elites + SIMs = oops!) to stick around longterm.
West Virginia- Really good team that isn't scared to schedule elites and hang with them. Squeaked into a L3 bowl and was rewarded by drawing Florida. Will probably drop in status if they lose, will certainly improve if they win.
Notre Dame- In a L3 bowl vs. Washington as previously mentioned. Had the misfortune of playing 6 SIMs in conference that kills the SOS, but also lost to Stanford and WVU. They beat their bitter rival PSU this season though, so I think CFBFan would deem this season a success. Should drop to In Jeopardy with a loss, probably improve with a win?
Wisconsin- Playing in a L2 bowl, should drop if they lose, maintain or improve if they win.
Minnesota- Got screwed last season winning a L3 and only maintaining status. This year gets a L2 matchup with fellow LTNJ Ole Miss.
Arizona- Lost their L1 bowl, so should drop to In Jeopardy.
Ole Miss- Playing Minnesota in a L2 bowl as previously mentioned. Loser drops to In Jeopardy, winner might move up to Secure.
Georgia- Having a good season, currently ranked #25. Playing Colorado St. in a L3 bowl. Losing that game might drop them to In Jeopardy, hard to say though.

High Stakes Games:
Washington (In Jeopardy) vs. Notre Dame (LTNJ)
Minnesota (LTNJ) vs. Ole Miss (LTNJ)
Update

In Jeopardy:
Missouri- Won, should maintain or improve
Baylor- Lost, but should finish in the top 20 so should improve status
UConn- no change
Washington- Lost. This is probably the most up in the air status, no clue if they will maintain or not. My guess is fired, but he should be able to get the job back during the offseason even if he does get fired, as Washington is a tough place to play.

LTNJ:
North Carolina- Won. Not sure if they move up here, as Genuvar mentioned, if it's like last season they will go up to Secure.
Kansas St.- No change.
Temple- Won. Same situation as UNC, could move up, who knows.
Notre Dame- Won their L3 bowl, should move up to Secure, but may be different results because they're an elite.
West Virginia- Big win over Florida in their L3 bowl. Should move up to Secure, possibly Very Secure because they will finish Top 25 as well. Either way, things are looking up for Grunt.
Wisconsin- Beat Duke, same situation as UNC/Temple.
Minnesota- Won their L2 bowl, deserves to move up to Secure after not improving last season with a bowl win.
Arizona- Lost their L1 so should drop to In Jeopardy.
Ole Miss- Lost their L2 so will probably drop to In Jeopardy.
Georgia- Lost their L3, not sure what will happen here but will probably drop to In Jeopardy.

Predictions for statuses going into S122
Fired: UConn; Washington
In Jeopardy: Kansas St.; Missouri; Arizona; Ole Miss; Georgia
LTNJ: Baylor
Secure: North Carolina; Temple; Notre Dame; WVU; Wisconsin; Minnesota
Final Results and Statuses going into S122
Fired: UConn; Washington
In Jeopardy: Kansas St; Arizona; Ole Miss; Georgia
LTNJ: Missouri; North Carolina; Temple; Notre Dame; West Virginia; Wisconsin; Minnesota; Cincinnati; Duke; Auburn
Secure+: Baylor

My initial reaction is that WVU got screwed here, winning a L3 bowl and finishing Top 25 yet staying at LTNJ. Minnesota staying at LTNJ with back to back bowl wins was also surprising and unfair honestly. It also seems that all the L1 and L2 LTNJ coaches (UNC/Temple/Wisconsin/Minnesota) didn't move up with a bowl win, so that's something to keep in mind going into next season.

One interesting contrast on just how screwed Minnesota has gotten the last 2 seasons, here is a comparison between Colorado St. and Minnesota:

Colorado St:
S120 Won L3 Bowl, finished #28
S121 Won L3 Bowl, finished #31

Minnesota:
S120 Won L3 Bowl, finished #26
S121 Won L2 Bowl, finished #33

During that time, Colorado St. went from In Jeopardy all the way to Very Secure, while Minnesota stayed at LTNJ the entire time. Not sure how that's possible...
5/10/2017 6:04 PM
One interesting contrast on just how screwed Minnesota has gotten the last 2 seasons, here is a comparison between Colorado St. and Minnesota:

Colorado St:
S120 Won L3 Bowl, finished #28
S121 Won L3 Bowl, finished #31

Minnesota:
S120 Won L3 Bowl, finished #26
S121 Won L2 Bowl, finished #33

During that time, Colorado St. went from In Jeopardy all the way to Very Secure, while Minnesota stayed at LTNJ the entire time. Not sure how that's possible...

The AD at Minnesota must be a real D!ck
5/10/2017 6:10 PM
I *believe* that your school's history has *some* impact. Minnesota has been in a number of level five bowls, a couple of NC's and won the Big10 several times. I don't believe Colorado State has had nearly the same success.
5/10/2017 8:27 PM
Hard to see Tenn Tech and E. Kentucky as sims right now. Just ain't right.

nitros
5/11/2017 10:23 PM
I put an application in to Tennessee Tech at 12, right after you left ... school is still deciding. It will not stay SIM
5/11/2017 10:44 PM
Navy is a good non-BCS job that's open, for those at D-IAA looking to move up to an already solid team.
5/11/2017 11:57 PM
I left army in great shape. IF you run the Wishbone....
5/12/2017 8:25 AM
If you are looking for a great 1AA location, I would seriously consider the Ivy League. Great recruiting locations and opportunity to compete immediately for CC's.

nitros

P.S. Of course the Championship will go through the SWAC...just saying. #shade
5/12/2017 9:54 AM
Posted by nitros on 5/12/2017 9:54:00 AM (view original):
If you are looking for a great 1AA location, I would seriously consider the Ivy League. Great recruiting locations and opportunity to compete immediately for CC's.

nitros

P.S. Of course the Championship will go through the SWAC...just saying. #shade
The A10 may have something to say about that sir.
5/12/2017 10:48 AM

The A10 may have something to say about that sir.

No doubt there my friend! The OVC is looking strong as well with CJ's return and Tenn Tech picking up a coach. Georgia Southern returns a fine squad and Dayton is stout. I expect Grindi and Sternes to return solid, competitive squads. It will be a blast seeing if anyone can coach-up and take the Trophy from the SWAC.

nitros

5/12/2017 11:06 AM
We have a new Maze run to hold you over as we wait for the season to rollover

http://mizzoucj.wixsite.com/wilkinsoncentral/single-post/2017/05/13/Maze-Run-with-Coach-nortonis
5/13/2017 2:09 PM
USA Today Miami University (Ohio) makes a coaching change, hires nelsonba25
5/14/2017 6:07 AM
All BCS conferences are up to at least 8 human coaches, which is awesome.

If anyone is looking for DIA rosters with some human coached talent, Virginia Tech, Duke, Kansas State, and Akron are decent pick ups.
5/14/2017 6:33 PM
◂ Prev 1...6|7|8|9|10 Next ▸
Wilkinson Central 131 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.