Did I get "Jobbed"? (Pun intended) Topic

My understanding is that there are 4 factors that go into the hiring algorithm. Experience, which is your total number of seasons coaching. Success, which is based on your records, RPIs, and postseason appearances during the last 10 seasons with the most recent years weighted more heavily. And then Loyalty and Rep which are self explanatory. If that's the case, it was probably the other coach's sheer number of seasons that tipped the scales, even though your success rating was probably better.
4/10/2017 7:20 PM
Posted by snafu4u on 4/10/2017 6:16:00 PM (view original):
The rest of us Big East coaches don't want you to leave, so we spread a vicious rumor around Indiana's campus that your favorite drink is a boilermaker and your favorite colors are black and old gold.
The biggest +1.
4/10/2017 7:31 PM
Could Indiana have been looking at longevity at current job? He spent the last 10 years at the same school and you have been at 2 schools during that time? Just a thought..
4/10/2017 8:22 PM
I didn't see the most recent losing season b/c I was looking at postseason and you made the PIT that year.

It was definitely the losing seasons that cost you-- 2 in the last 5= no A-baseline prestige job. (yet, somehow, that won't get you fired at one of those schools...)
4/11/2017 7:43 AM
Can you remember if any of your players reported you for any "Bobby Knight like situations?" I mean did you throw any chairs during games, or slap players during practice?

Seriously, short answer is "yes", you got jobbed I think.
4/11/2017 7:49 AM
Posted by wronoj on 4/11/2017 7:43:00 AM (view original):
I didn't see the most recent losing season b/c I was looking at postseason and you made the PIT that year.

It was definitely the losing seasons that cost you-- 2 in the last 5= no A-baseline prestige job. (yet, somehow, that won't get you fired at one of those schools...)
Those losing seasons came during a rebuild in one of the toughest conferences in the world. I know the engine probably isn't smart enough to recognize that, but it's stupid... especially when I still had a higher RPI than Col. St during those losing seasons.
4/11/2017 8:23 AM
Posted by snafu4u on 4/10/2017 6:16:00 PM (view original):
The rest of us Big East coaches don't want you to leave, so we spread a vicious rumor around Indiana's campus that your favorite drink is a boilermaker and your favorite colors are black and old gold.
hahaha love it. hey you know how to get to Purdue from IU... Go north until you smell it, go west until you step in it.
4/11/2017 8:24 AM
Not to derail the thread but I had a "boiler maker" for the first time in my life a couple summers ago. It was awful. Just awful.
4/11/2017 8:57 AM
Posted by robinsmd on 4/11/2017 8:23:00 AM (view original):
Posted by wronoj on 4/11/2017 7:43:00 AM (view original):

Those losing seasons came during a rebuild in one of the toughest conferences in the world. I know the engine probably isn't smart enough to recognize that, but it's stupid... especially when I still had a higher RPI than Col. St during those losing seasons.
it is stupid, but i've been there in rebuilds as you can see from my Tark history, and i'm near-certain that's what it is. budlit has zero losing seasons, and you had two. to the engine, that negative counteracted the positive of NT appearances & wins.

seble was quoted a bunch of times as saying how important he felt overall wins were. in a rebuild, you generally want to schedule super light, since this boosts your prestige significantly (and quickly). as a result, it isn't that surprising to see this baked into the job process as well.
4/11/2017 9:13 AM
Well... it seems as though the powers that be even think I might have gotten screwed. Here's the response to the ticket I submitted:

"Unfortunately, there isn't anything further that we can add at this time. We've looked into it though and it does look questionable - we'll make sure to review the process more closely and keep this case in mind when we do."
4/13/2017 6:03 PM
◂ Prev 12
Did I get "Jobbed"? (Pun intended) Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.