Exclusive Ownership - Single Season Teams Topic

That's what's going to make this theme interesting. When two people eventually miss out on one of their 5 teams (because they chose the same team), in the next round, they will both be looking for a team with the same needs, making it reasonably likely they could choose the same team as a replacement. In some ways, it's almost better to miss on 2 of 5 than miss on 1 of 5.
4/12/2017 12:15 PM
I think I'll miss on 2. I'm reasonably confident that 3 won't be chosen.
4/12/2017 12:20 PM
Posted by Jtpsops on 4/12/2017 11:58:00 AM (view original):
I don't know how people put together team's so fast. I find a good combo of 4, and can't get a 5th team I like to fill in the remaining gaps.
Your team will be much better than mine.

I started with two teams in mind that had key pieces. I then looked for a team to fill in the major gaps (and I'm in the horrid position that, if I don't get that team, I'm probably hosed - and it's the most likely of my choices to get picked). That left two teams and a couple glaring holes...which I picked up with teams that no one is likely to take.

If my key team survives, I'm probably OK...but I'm not holding my breath.
4/12/2017 1:22 PM
I think we're ALL in that same position. You begin with one concept, and may need to adapt. That's kind of where the FUN is! Puts us all in that position that Billy Beane was in in MONEYBALL. What was it he told his scouts?!

"ADAPT OR DIE"!!

I am looking forward to creating this Franken-team!!
4/12/2017 3:24 PM
I would like to join in on the fun.
4/12/2017 3:54 PM
So here is a "Devil's Advocate" question for Schwarze:

Let's say 2 of your 5, or 3 or however many of your 5 slip through. Can you opt to go nuclear and chuck all 5, pick a completely different 5....or are you obliged to keep those that make it through??

Based on your original outline, I'm guessing you have to keep those that make it through...but...I thought I'd seek clarification.
4/12/2017 4:21 PM
Nevermind. went back and re-read the outline. Quite clear that whichever teams get selected only once become locked in!
4/12/2017 4:30 PM
Correct
4/12/2017 5:09 PM
The ultimate irony here is that, in theory, you want all 5 of your teams confirmed, and yet if you get all 5, it probably means you picked some weak options and are going to get pummelled.
4/12/2017 5:32 PM
Either that or you just did more research
4/12/2017 5:41 PM
I'm not entirely convinced of that Jtpsops! You're only plucking 5 off of any given roster! There've been a lot of teams through the years with 5 really useful players, and then a pile of trash is left over! Moreover, you might not even have the best 5 off of any given team, since a $100,000 M salary cap prevents having, say 25 $8M players!

I believe if you can find a team that offers up 3 core players, and 2 more useful parts,...that'd be worth looking at,...because multiplied x5 that gives you 15 core guys, and 10 more useful parts.

That said, I challenge anyone to find 5 guys worth having off of the 1969 Seattle Pilots! BUT,...you can mine some gems in what appears to be desolate landscape a lot of the time!
4/12/2017 5:43 PM
Posted by MotorBoatJon on 4/12/2017 5:43:00 PM (view original):
I'm not entirely convinced of that Jtpsops! You're only plucking 5 off of any given roster! There've been a lot of teams through the years with 5 really useful players, and then a pile of trash is left over! Moreover, you might not even have the best 5 off of any given team, since a $100,000 M salary cap prevents having, say 25 $8M players!

I believe if you can find a team that offers up 3 core players, and 2 more useful parts,...that'd be worth looking at,...because multiplied x5 that gives you 15 core guys, and 10 more useful parts.

That said, I challenge anyone to find 5 guys worth having off of the 1969 Seattle Pilots! BUT,...you can mine some gems in what appears to be desolate landscape a lot of the time!
Teams like the Pilots have value if you want a team to pull a lot of cheap scrubs from
4/12/2017 6:52 PM
14 rosters in so far. Seven teams have been selected twice. 56 teams have been selected once. 5 of the 14 owners still have all 5 teams.
4/12/2017 9:30 PM (edited)
Need 2
4/12/2017 9:14 PM
I could use a good challenge, I'll step up and take a squad
4/12/2017 10:19 PM
◂ Prev 12345 Next ▸
Exclusive Ownership - Single Season Teams Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.