Spring Training rating increase Topic

What is the minimum number of at bats and innings pitched needed to receive the spring training boost?
4/11/2017 10:05 AM
No one knows for sure. It's also been speculated that appearances drive the development.

I give my vets 3 pitching appearances, 10 AB(usually 3-5 appearances). Prospects split the rest.
4/11/2017 10:11 AM
I usually try to get 5 games pitched (regardless of length, the shorter the better) for pitchers and 25 at bats. Start with prospects first and end with Vets in the instance that not everyone makes these totals.
4/11/2017 10:32 AM
Pretty sure you get some minor ST bump just by being on the ST roster. I have a non-prospect who is on the ST roster but who hasn't played at all right now-- I'll report back Thursday as to whether he got a bump or not.

Agree with Mike about expecting more bump with more playing time, possibly tied more to games played than innings pitched or at-bats.
4/11/2017 1:25 PM
Posted by dedelman on 4/11/2017 1:25:00 PM (view original):
Pretty sure you get some minor ST bump just by being on the ST roster. I have a non-prospect who is on the ST roster but who hasn't played at all right now-- I'll report back Thursday as to whether he got a bump or not.

Agree with Mike about expecting more bump with more playing time, possibly tied more to games played than innings pitched or at-bats.
So, did he?

Also: Do ST at bats take away from total at bats the player can face prior to fatigue in the regular season? Assume a 69 DUR positional player.
5/11/2017 12:03 AM (edited)
Yeah, ST counts against fatigue.

I'm in camp that believes appearances are more important than at bats.

I'm also pretty sure that once a player hits a certain number of appearances he's gotten his full ST bump. Meaning, once a position player hits 10 games (using 10 as an example, don't know the actual number) there's no need to play him every single ST game. Found this out when a DITR only played as a def sub in games when I was up in the 9th. He played in 8 or so games and still got the huge DITR bump (4 points in some categories). Can't say for sure though, just a hunch.
5/11/2017 12:51 PM
I'm also in the camp of appearances, but I'm not sure if it's purely games-played or whether it's innings volume. Because the game does track total innings for position players....

If you fill your spring training roster 70/70 with let's say 30 pitchers and 40 hitters (8 positions x5 guys at each) and then (auto-)fill your hierarchies for pinch hitters, defensive replacements, and player rest, and then set your manager settings to pinch hit-5, pinch run-5, double-switch-5; then set your DEFENSIVE SUBS AND REST: defensive subs when up by 1 in the 7th (or 8th or whatever), and set Use Rest when winning by 1 in the 4th (or 5th) and when losing by 1 in the 4th (or 5th), and then go to Player Settings-> Pitchers and set everyone's pitch counts to whatever is the minimum and set everyone's pull rating to 5

This is obviously extreme and ridiculous and who has time for all that, but if you did all of these things you could conceivably use all 70 players in every single game.
5/11/2017 2:10 PM
Posted by opie100 on 5/11/2017 12:03:00 AM (view original):
Posted by dedelman on 4/11/2017 1:25:00 PM (view original):

So, did he?

Also: Do ST at bats take away from total at bats the player can face prior to fatigue in the regular season? Assume a 69 DUR positional player.
He did-- but so did some young players who weren't on the ST roster at all. Which leaves me confused... I now assume everyone gets a little bump but you get a better bump if you play a lot of games.
5/11/2017 11:37 PM
Spring Training rating increase Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.