Calculate Service time Topic

I have been trying to find out how to calculate service time. I have spent an hour looking and reading and can't seem to find it. Can someone help me? I have a player with 0.14 service time. How many games or days does this translate to? If I want to hold him over past the 20 - 22 days in the minors, how many more games would he need to be in AAA?

I don't need him yet so I have the ability to wait and buy the extra year of minimum salary. I'm trying to trade someone to open up the spot for him to be promoted.

Thanks for your help!
4/11/2017 1:11 PM
Is that, "0.014" or "0.140?" I have never seen service time reported to 2 decimal places.

If it's "0.014," that's 14 days. I expect you would have to hold him 34 minor league days, or very slightly more just to be sure, to save the year of arb. If it's "0.140" then that's 140 days of service time and you'd have to keep him down into the minor league playoffs; the minor league regular season is 156 days long, which is less than 140+20.
4/11/2017 1:35 PM
It is at 0.14. So it is always the amount of 140 games based on 162? Or is it 140 days based on 180 (total season) or 365? Or is it a fraction?
4/11/2017 3:53 PM
It's the number of days, not really based on any particular denominator; it's NOT a fraction. To be more precise, the format is (seasons).(days)

I'm not certain how it converts days to seasons, except that it doesn't if you have less than a full season's worth of days in the part after the decimal point, and it occurs at rollover if at all. So you can have 0.289 despite the fact that a season is 189 days long; it's 140 days in one season, and then 149 more the next season.

4/11/2017 7:42 PM
Calculate Service time Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.