The time period between a new season starts, scheduling exh. games and playing exh. games doesn't feel right. So much wasted time then you only get hours to schedule exhibition games. It's idiotic, I think. The game is fun, but this kind of thing ticks me off.
4/13/2017 2:56 AM
I agree. I think in season recruiting really helped the game. It isnt as slow as it was. But they need an added element. For most of coaches, the season is over pretty early and then you have to wait out the tournament and then the job period with nothing to do. Especially if early signings finished most of the recruiting. Hard to stay interested in the game waiting around. Why not let you schedule exhibition games? Or work with signed recruits in depth charts? Something, anything.
4/13/2017 2:58 AM
I'm not trying to be a "Negative Nancy", but if some off-season elements were made available to active coaches (while we're waiting) and do not affect incoming coaches, sure would be nice.
4/13/2017 3:19 AM
Agreed. It's been brought up.
4/13/2017 7:36 AM
The "playing" to "downtime" ratio is terrible.
4/13/2017 9:41 AM
completely agree

i finished my recruiting in Tark in session 1, so i'll have had 10 DAYS of nothing there. it would have been more than 2 weeks if i wasn't in the postseason! the real kick in the teeth is always the extra dead day for new coaches to sign up (when they've, um, had the whole season prior?)
4/13/2017 2:18 PM
My season in Rupp began 3/8 and ended 4/9(2 conference tourney games). It cranks up again on 4/21. 32 days playing, 12 days waiting. 27% of doing nothing.
4/13/2017 2:39 PM
Cue spud popping in to tell us we're looking at it wrong.
4/13/2017 2:42 PM
Agree with most sentiments presented in this thread this far...hard to believe they can't do anything the limit the downtime.
4/13/2017 2:44 PM
Posted by bfflcommish on 4/13/2017 2:44:00 PM (view original):
Agree with most sentiments presented in this thread this far...hard to believe they can't do anything the limit the downtime.
Doesn't make much sense. Faster seasons = more $$ for WIS.
4/13/2017 2:49 PM
I guess the primary rationale is that they want to keep the season length consistent so that people always start actions on the same day of the week, right? Personally, I couldn't care less about the day of the week that recruiting and/or scouting takes place...if it meant less downtime, I would be in favor of chopping a few days off of each season! Plus, over the course of many seasons, WIS would make even more $ from all of us via more frequent payments.
4/13/2017 2:51 PM
Leave it to Benis to make my point before I can even type out my thoughts..
Hey, "Leave It To Benis" sounds like a great title for a TV show!!!
4/13/2017 2:55 PM
Posted by Benis on 4/13/2017 2:49:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bfflcommish on 4/13/2017 2:44:00 PM (view original):
Doesn't make much sense. Faster seasons = more $$ for WIS.
But what do people do when they are waiting around being bored during the down time? They say screw this, I'm going to purchase another team. I know I've done that before.

4/13/2017 3:00 PM
Admittedly, I have done that too...but that has a limit (theoretically). In the long run, I believe that they would make more $ with shorter seasons.
4/13/2017 3:11 PM
Posted by bfflcommish on 4/13/2017 2:55:00 PM (view original):
Leave it to Benis to make my point before I can even type out my thoughts..
Hey, "Leave It To Benis" sounds like a great title for a TV show!!!
That title has already been used for an erotic thriller shown on Skin-emax in the late '90s
4/13/2017 3:17 PM
12 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.