Posted by bfflcommish on 4/13/2017 3:11:00 PM (view original):
Admittedly, I have done that too...but that has a limit (theoretically). In the long run, I believe that they would make more $ with shorter seasons.
Agreed. I've done that as well.

I also agree in the long run, it'd be better for people to get completely hooked on the game and not lose users to disinterest.

But you want people to REALLY enjoy the game so they pick up more and more teams. My 2nd team was an "I'm bored" addition. My 3rd and 4th teams were added because I just really like playing this game.
4/13/2017 3:20 PM
Posted by Benis on 4/13/2017 3:20:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bfflcommish on 4/13/2017 3:11:00 PM (view original):
Admittedly, I have done that too...but that has a limit (theoretically). In the long run, I believe that they would make more $ with shorter seasons.
Agreed. I've done that as well.

I also agree in the long run, it'd be better for people to get completely hooked on the game and not lose users to disinterest.

But you want people to REALLY enjoy the game so they pick up more and more teams. My 2nd team was an "I'm bored" addition. My 3rd and 4th teams were added because I just really like playing this game.
Yeah but you need to be able to rebuild better. not sure it's necessary to wait that long. We want our team to move forward. Once the work is done, you hope to get hit by a good recruiting session.
4/13/2017 3:26 PM
My 2nd team was downtime timing. Rupp and Smith line up nicely. I won't purchase a 3rd because of the downtime.
4/13/2017 4:23 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 4/13/2017 2:42:00 PM (view original):
Cue spud popping in to tell us we're looking at it wrong.
Ta daaaa! *bows*

Look at it any way you please. Two teams with offset seasons cures the downtime blues, though.
4/13/2017 5:30 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 4/13/2017 2:39:00 PM (view original):
My season in Rupp began 3/8 and ended 4/9(2 conference tourney games). It cranks up again on 4/21. 32 days playing, 12 days waiting. 27% of doing nothing.
The numbers are in, most of us spend 27% of our time on whatifsports.com roster-bating. I think I need to find a new hobby! Hahaha
4/14/2017 9:31 AM
the thing is when all of my teams are playing simultaneously, it's kind of too much for me to follow and enjoy. i don't "know" my players and find it hard to differentiate my teams. I don't enjoy feeling like HD is a job and i have to manage a bunch of numbers. i'm sure there are others that feel this way and don't want max teams. so, yeah, i don't want more teams, i just want less unnecessary downtime for the teams i have.

since, as has been pointed out, WIS is literally losing money over the current schedule, it doesn't make a lot of sense to not tweak it. in other threads, it's been demonstrated how you could easily shave a few days with basically no ill-effects to anything. at minimum you could remove the one total dead day for "new coach sign-ups" or at least let people schedule exhibition games during that wasted time.
4/14/2017 10:54 AM (edited)
Quite possibly one of the easiest things to do is reduce exhibitions. Cut down to 1 exhibition and play that at noon. 1st real game that night at 2am. Boom, there is a day saved.
4/14/2017 11:20 AM
Hell, I'd like more exhibitions. Just let the teams not playing in tournaments schedule them against other teams not playing in tournaments.
4/14/2017 11:24 AM
Yeah that's fine. But don't delay the start of real games.

id be fine with zero exhibitions.
4/14/2017 11:36 AM
◂ Prev 12

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.