Making You An Offer You Can't Refuse Topic

HBO67 is running The GodFather on loop at the same time ErffDogg Memorial rolled. Since I need to kill my time one way or the other, here's a GodFather themed recruiting thread just for you (for the younger generation who don't know what I'm talking about, shame on you. Read a book. Watch a movie. Respect your elders. Join us anyway, but get off my ******* lawn).

Team: Rochester Rockets (AL)
  • GF Quote: "Hey, listen, I want somebody good - and I mean very good - to plant that gun. I don't want my brother coming out of that toilet with just his dick in his hands, alright?"
  • Overview: For Rochester, free agency and the offseason is their bathroom at Louis' Italian American Restaurant. How you come out of it is going to determine the rest of the movie/season. Dick in hand would be losing studs like Les Golub or Ray Lowe in FA. On the other hand, Miguel Sanchez is like finding the gun behind the toilet box and blasting McCluskey in the face. Add to this is that you'll have one of the top 3 picks. This is a team in perennial rebuild, but the division had 1 team over .500. Half competence has this team in the playoffs in 2 seasons (prove me wrong).
Team: Omaha Oracles (AL)
  • GF Quote: "Well, let me tell you something, my kraut-mick friend, I'm gonna make so much trouble for you, you won't know what hit you!"
  • Overview: It's easy to talk tough like Jack Woltz when you don't know who's backing the kraut-mick doing the talking. This team is in the toughest division right now in Erff. Last season the other teams in the division won 103, 103, and 96 games. So, Omaha is the horse head in the bed right? Nah, just listen to me you smooth talking son of a *****, all that means is the tank is close to being back in cycle, so get in now and take advantage of it and Mal's dago guinea wop greaseball goombahs. You have some decisions - re-up stud Todd Terry? Trade Chaz Snyder or Hiroki Iwazaki or Bo Baldwin? Build around pitching like Calvin Spivey? Good questions - come answer them.
Team: Washington D.C. Nationals (NL)
  • GF Quote: "He's still alive. They hit him with 5 shots, and he's still alive!"
  • Overview: I have to be honest, i really don't get why this team has had 4 owners in 4 years. This was a WS contender with tons of talent - and its still alive! Deven Wilfredo. Avisail Delgado. Bubba. Fat Clemenza. You can rebuild just by trading each of these guys for high end prospects, or run it back for another year. This is the team that refuses to die.
Team: Pittsburgh Pirates (NL)
  • GF Quote: "How's the Italian food in this restaurant?" "Good. Try the veal, it's the best in the city."
  • Overview: Pittsburgh is some good veal. This team was in the WS just 2 seasons ago and has the top talent still. I mean, Jose Melo? Geovany Viciedo? Shep Rowan? Bret Hoiles? And these are just the anchor players - lots of talent on this team. With a few moves, this team will be back in the playoffs and competing for a ring.

Team: San Diego Surfers (NL)

• GF Quote: "NO! NO APOLLONIA!!"
  • Overview: Seriously Fabrizzio, where the F are you going? This team needs blown up. Start by trading young talent like Chris Simms, Clarence Fisher and Kenshin Lee. You can also trade me Al McFarland if you want. From there? be thankful you'll be competing against perennial rebuilds. Oh, also a top 5 pick - just like Michael having Kay as a fall back.

4/13/2017 2:35 PM (edited)
Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer. We have a few of both in Errfdogg. Grab a team.
4/13/2017 7:00 PM
I have a sentimental weakness for my children and I spoil them, as you can see. They talk when they should listen. - So listen to me when I tell you that this world is the nuts and you should join.
4/14/2017 11:36 AM
Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in!
4/16/2017 10:09 AM
The Senate lawyer Questadt ... he belongs to Roth. You should belong to Erff. Don't be like a pimp trying to outfight Santino. Don't be like Kay resenting "this Sicilian thing that's been going on for 2,000 years." Be like Fredo - helping Roth and his Sicilian messenger boy Johnny Ola because there's something in it for you, on your own. Be like Signora Colomba - keep your dog and pay less in rent. Be like Connie - ask Mike for cash to marry Merle. Be like Senator Geary and spend the night at Michael Corleone's house in Tahoe ... as his guest. Be like Frank Pentangeli and have your family be allowed to keep its riches because you kill yourself.
4/16/2017 10:15 AM
"Stay with me Godfather. Help me meet death. If he sees you, he will be frightened and leave me in peace. You can say a word, pull a few strings, eh? We'll outwit that bastard as we outwitted all those others."
4/17/2017 10:23 AM
Still good teams available. Great league with active owners.
4/19/2017 10:34 AM
I you are an experience owner willing to make a two year commitment, I will send you a gift card for your first season. Site mail me please.
4/19/2017 10:47 AM
Great teams are not born great, they grow great. All of these teams are capable of greatness. Are you great enough to nurture them?
4/19/2017 12:27 PM
WIS Owner: I don't know what to do, GodPaco. My game is weak...it's weak. If I had this team, it could put me right back on top, you know? But the commish, he won't give me the team.

GodPaco: What's his name?

WIS Owner: Mal. he said there's no chance. NO CHANCE...This team though, I wouldn't even have to tank, just run it like normal. Oh GodPaco, I don't know what to do, I don't know (shakes head)

GodPaco: YOU CAN ACT LIKE A MAN! What's the matter with you? Is this what you've become, in those other leagues? A WIS finocchio who cries like a woman? Ridiculous! Tell me, do you spend time with your other teams?

WIS Owner: Sure I do.

GodPaco: Good, because a man who doesn't spend time on his teams can never be a real man. Look, why don't you get something to eat, you look terrible. I'll talk to Mal, and in a day, he's going to offer you that team. I'll make him an offer he can't refuse. Just sitemail me, OK? Leave it all up to me. Go on, go back to your other little team for now.

4/20/2017 3:29 PM
Brilliant!
4/23/2017 10:49 AM
The chat board in this world is worth the price of admission.
4/25/2017 8:37 PM
One left to roll
4/26/2017 1:16 PM
Making You An Offer You Can't Refuse Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.