Inglorious end ... Topic

This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
"Forgot to renew my Inidana team in Wooden before last night. Obviously my fault." Don't forget that.

It's not too rare that a coach who leaves a program for whatever reason isn't qualified to return. As a practical matter it keeps a damper on unrestricted coaching carousel, necessary for game play. As a sim matter, just figure the school wants to get a better coach, not just an equal coach.
4/13/2017 5:34 PM
Wow, that's dumb.
4/13/2017 5:49 PM
Posted by CoachSpud on 4/13/2017 5:34:00 PM (view original):
"Forgot to renew my Inidana team in Wooden before last night. Obviously my fault." Don't forget that.

It's not too rare that a coach who leaves a program for whatever reason isn't qualified to return. As a practical matter it keeps a damper on unrestricted coaching carousel, necessary for game play. As a sim matter, just figure the school wants to get a better coach, not just an equal coach.
Speaking of forgetting to renew, did you forget to renew Spud? Or are you retiring from HD? I see "No Active Teams" under your name.
4/13/2017 6:30 PM
WHAT THE HELL!!!! So broken. I'm so sorry TRrrrr.
4/13/2017 6:36 PM
I understand why the other user has the right to the team but if they just contacted the other user they would have likely took a comparable job so that TRrrr could stay at iu. WIS is pathetic at customer service though. Those idiots don't deserve jobs.
4/13/2017 7:56 PM
Sorry to hear that TRrrr. We had a good series going. You are welcome to join us in C-USA in Wooden. We have a great group of coaches and 3 openings
4/13/2017 8:21 PM
Or you can join the Big Sky! Wink, wink.
4/13/2017 8:23 PM
Ouch man that sucks. Sorry. I lost a team similar to that once. I was still eligible to reapply but lost to a coach moving from d1 to d3. Still bitter about that.
4/13/2017 10:36 PM
Posted by therewas47 on 4/13/2017 7:56:00 PM (view original):
I understand why the other user has the right to the team but if they just contacted the other user they would have likely took a comparable job so that TRrrr could stay at iu. WIS is pathetic at customer service though. Those idiots don't deserve jobs.
+1
4/13/2017 11:00 PM
The job qualification algorithm needs to take into account that you were the one who built the team in the first place.

I wouldn't be qualified for my team right now either even though I restored it from the ashes and it's poised to do well this season. I'd be ripped too if this happened to me.
4/14/2017 7:13 AM
"Forgot to renew my Inidana team in Wooden before last night. Obviously my fault." Nothing to add.
4/14/2017 10:22 AM
Posted by CoachSpud on 4/14/2017 10:22:00 AM (view original):
"Forgot to renew my Inidana team in Wooden before last night. Obviously my fault." Nothing to add.
more background noise to be ignored
4/14/2017 10:56 AM
Posted by CoachSpud on 4/14/2017 10:22:00 AM (view original):
You never have anything to add.
What you said does nothing to contradict my argument. Look if you worked in customer service and your response to everything is "the system is working as intended we must adhere to the rule" you'd be giving poor customer service and shouldn't have a job. One of the reasons humans are hired for customer service jobs is because rules are, by their very nature, imperfect. My suggestion was that they try to figure out a workable solution for both parties. Now if that turns out to not be possible they would have to default back to the rule.
It is also possible that CS doesn't have the resources to do this because they get a ton of these requests and simply can't intervene without doing other necessary job functions. If that's the case they could at least explain the situation.
If they tried to fix the issue or explained why they couldn't users would at least think CS cares and they would be more likely to stay. As it is, they might as well be replaced by a machine because the humans arent adding any value.
4/14/2017 11:08 AM
I just did something similar.. I forgot to renew, and them didn't get hired back. I emailed the guy to wish him good luck and he offered to give me the team back. I sent in a ticket and cs said there was nothing they could do.

I am pushing back.

Also, I won the national championship last year and was somehow not the best candidate.
4/14/2017 12:26 PM
1|2|3...13 Next ▸
Inglorious end ... Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.