Inglorious end ... Topic

Posted by kcsundevil on 4/16/2017 11:27:00 PM (view original):
Posted by goodtymes31 on 4/16/2017 10:16:00 PM (view original):
Posted by kcsundevil on 4/16/2017 9:18:00 PM (view original):
Posted by goodtymes31 on 4/16/2017 9:08:00 PM (view original):
Recruiting Session 2 has started with a SIM team running Indiana, just horrible. CS is a joke, WIS is becoming a joke
Millenials are taking over WIS.

There's a renewal deadline. User had over a month to renew his team. How is this CS's fault?
It's the user's fault, no doubt about that. And if someone else had taken the team, that's fine, he's SOL. But the fact that they have a paying customer willing to use their product, and instead the team is going to be run into the ground by a sim, while they lose a customer is just a poor, poor decision
Nobody's telling him he can't play anymore. And if keeping the Indiana job specifically was that important to the user, again, he had over a month to re-up.

If I'm a business owner and a customer is publicly blasting me for a problem everyone knows the customer created, I'm quite happy, even relieved, to lose that customer.
Maybe if you are a successful business owner, that can be the case. But when you're product is getting a ton of negative publicity, and just bled away a ton of new customers with no strategy to replace them, maybe giving away one of your loyal customers just for the sake of "It ain't my fault" and "rules are rules" is stupid.

Not to mention the fact the CS said specifically it was because someone else applied for the job, when clearly that wasn't the case.
4/17/2017 8:33 AM
Recruiting Session 2 has started with a SIM team running Indiana, just horrible. CS is a joke, WIS is becoming a joke

There's a renewal deadline. User had over a month to renew his team. How is this CS's fault?
It's the user's fault, no doubt about that. And if someone else had taken the team, that's fine, he's SOL. But the fact that they have a paying customer willing to use their product, and instead the team is going to be run into the ground by a sim, while they lose a customer is just a poor, poor decision
Nobody's telling him he can't play anymore. And if keeping the Indiana job specifically was that important to the user, again, he had over a month to re-up.

If I'm a business owner and a customer is publicly blasting me for a problem everyone knows the customer created, I'm quite happy, even relieved, to lose that customer.
Holy hell!! I've been saying this, possibly about you when you were inactive, for months.

Businesses don't need customers who publicly rip the product.
4/17/2017 9:14 AM
Posted by goodtymes31 on 4/17/2017 8:33:00 AM (view original):

Maybe if you are a successful business owner, that can be the case. But when you're product is getting a ton of negative publicity, and just bled away a ton of new customers with no strategy to replace them, maybe giving away one of your loyal customers just for the sake of "It ain't my fault" and "rules are rules" is stupid.

Not to mention the fact the CS said specifically it was because someone else applied for the job, when clearly that wasn't the case.
The customer isn't always right.

Your second paragraph relies on an obvious fallacy. If 12 under-qualified coaches apply for the Kansas job, SimBob gets the job. That isn't new.
4/17/2017 11:49 AM
I think the difference here is that Trrr isn't qualified for B+ Indiana because Trrr improved the prestige of Indiana up to B+. If he was mediocre and let Indiana slip to C- then he might have qualified.

Quite the paradox here..
4/17/2017 12:35 PM
I contacted CS and they claim that theres nothing they could have done in this situation. Which, to me, the solution seems pretty obvious and they just weren't willing to do anything
4/17/2017 1:20 PM
To start off with, thank you for all of the concern on this issue. Nothing can be done with this, because it is the error of TRrrr to not renew before the world rolled over. Also, we cannot adjust coaching jobs for users when other users apply for a job. There was more than one application in this case, and therefore, we could not restore TRrrr for any reason.

To explain how he was no longer qualified for the job. When he took over, he barely met the Success requirement that Indiana has on its job applications for new coaches. After having some seasons in which he did not necessarily meet the expectations that Indiana had for its coach, the Overall Success level dropped. It dropped to the point that he was no longer barely meeting the requirements, but was actually below the the required Success level; meaning that if he were to have to apply for the Indiana job again, he would not be able to.

Thanks to everyone here for the support and the critique.
4/17/2017 1:31 PM
Nice answer. I think WIS is right about this. If I quit Alabama now, after going 0-27, I am not going to be able to get it back. I was really a bad coach!!!!
4/17/2017 2:01 PM
Did anyone else actually GET the job or were the other applications rejected? Some discussion implied that it was left open.
4/17/2017 2:34 PM
Even if it was, he was not qualified. That's pretty clear even if the reason is some catch-22 scenario.

The bigger thing, to me, is WifS saying "We can't do anything." Of course they can. But, if they did, they'd set a precedent and they don't WANT to do that.

If anything was learned, use Auto Renewal and keep a season in the bag.

4/17/2017 2:42 PM
He was not qualified...unless he paid on time/when WIS wanted him to...that's pretty ridiculous...especially when Sim AI is goaching them....
4/17/2017 5:31 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 4/17/2017 2:42:00 PM (view original):
Even if it was, he was not qualified. That's pretty clear even if the reason is some catch-22 scenario.

The bigger thing, to me, is WifS saying "We can't do anything." Of course they can. But, if they did, they'd set a precedent and they don't WANT to do that.

Whether they'll admit it or not, they've done it plenty of times in the past. Plus, if Trrr wasn't keeping Indiana at the necessary standard for that job, then why wasn't he fired from that job? That's a CYA answer on CS' part if I've ever seen one.

So he wasn't meeting the coaching standard at IU, but wasn't fired for that and had he continued to have paid his money to coach, he could have kept the very team that he wasn't meeting the standards with. It's a BS situation and everyone here knows it. Was it his fault initially? Yes, we all agree to that. Was CS' answer legit? Not even in the same galaxy as where legit resides.
4/17/2017 5:40 PM
Posted by WIS_Support on 4/17/2017 1:31:00 PM (view original):
To start off with, thank you for all of the concern on this issue. Nothing can be done with this, because it is the error of TRrrr to not renew before the world rolled over. Also, we cannot adjust coaching jobs for users when other users apply for a job. There was more than one application in this case, and therefore, we could not restore TRrrr for any reason.

To explain how he was no longer qualified for the job. When he took over, he barely met the Success requirement that Indiana has on its job applications for new coaches. After having some seasons in which he did not necessarily meet the expectations that Indiana had for its coach, the Overall Success level dropped. It dropped to the point that he was no longer barely meeting the requirements, but was actually below the the required Success level; meaning that if he were to have to apply for the Indiana job again, he would not be able to.

Thanks to everyone here for the support and the critique.
Since "somebody" seems to be monitoring at least this thread, answer me this: If he wasn't performing up to the standards of the Indiana job and because of those poor performances wasn't qualified enough to pick the team back up after he failed to re-new, then why wasn't he fired in the first place? You said yourself that his performance was below the acceptable level for Indiana, so why was he still allowed to coach the team? If the answer is that he hadn't been there long enough and had poor enough performances to be fired, then he hadn't been there long enough or had poor enough performances not to get his team back.

Either he should have gotten his team back when no one else qualified for the job or he should have been fired in the first place for not meeting the standards of that specific coaching position. If it wasn't bad enough to get canned, then he should be back coaching at IU. Period.
4/17/2017 5:47 PM
Posted by dcy0827 on 4/17/2017 5:40:00 PM (view original):

Whether they'll admit it or not, they've done it plenty of times in the past. Plus, if Trrr wasn't keeping Indiana at the necessary standard for that job, then why wasn't he fired from that job? That's a CYA answer on CS' part if I've ever seen one.

So he wasn't meeting the coaching standard at IU, but wasn't fired for that and had he continued to have paid his money to coach, he could have kept the very team that he wasn't meeting the standards with. It's a BS situation and everyone here knows it. Was it his fault initially? Yes, we all agree to that. Was CS' answer legit? Not even in the same galaxy as where legit resides.
Rule used to be if you missed the deadline you were simply SOL unless Tarek intervened. The standard allowance to reclaim your team if nobody else has applied is relatively new. If CS has started adding coaches back to their abandoned teams mid-season, after the next season has started, that's news to me.

If I no-show no-call for work on an important Monday, I might not be welcome back on Tuesday.
4/17/2017 5:50 PM
Posted by colonels19 on 4/17/2017 5:31:00 PM (view original):
He was not qualified...unless he paid on time/when WIS wanted him to...that's pretty ridiculous...especially when Sim AI is goaching them....
WifS tends to NOT take teams from users if they've paid for them. The rules for renewal are pretty clear.
4/17/2017 6:05 PM
Posted by dcy0827 on 4/17/2017 5:40:00 PM (view original):

This...Erik laying down the logic as usual...spot on!
4/17/2017 9:07 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5...13 Next ▸
Inglorious end ... Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.