Inglorious end ... Topic

Okay that's a fair point if that's what he had asked originally but he didn't ask how to gameplan better.

I read it as more of a hypothetical example of him asking his superior bh/pass/iq couldn't overcome a ath/spd disadvantage. And I pointed out that he didn't have a bh/pass/iq advantage in the correct areas and to not just use average team ratings. Same thing that TJ said. I think telling someone to not use average ratings and pay attention to the ratings in specific positions is good advice.
4/21/2017 8:36 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 4/21/2017 8:33:00 AM (view original):
You are correct.

Benis, there is ZERO(0) chance I'm a bigger hypocrite than you. I treat everyone pretty much the same(save a few instigators). You say "Them's the break" when it's one of your internet buddies and "Aww, that sucks. They should fix that" to everyone else that had the same, or at least similar, issue. The fact that you don't even realize it gives me a sadz.
Go back to when I said "Them's the breaks" for the first time and you went bananas about it. I wasn't talking about 'one of my internet buddies'. We were talking about hypothetical coaches and teams. Elon losing to Duke in a recruiting battle. From that point on, you've said Thems the Breaks about 100x more than I have to make fun of me.

You also just claimed you don't like to argue.... either hypocritical or delusional.
4/21/2017 8:40 AM
Posted by Benis on 4/21/2017 8:36:00 AM (view original):
Okay that's a fair point if that's what he had asked originally but he didn't ask how to gameplan better.

I read it as more of a hypothetical example of him asking his superior bh/pass/iq couldn't overcome a ath/spd disadvantage. And I pointed out that he didn't have a bh/pass/iq advantage in the correct areas and to not just use average team ratings. Same thing that TJ said. I think telling someone to not use average ratings and pay attention to the ratings in specific positions is good advice.
And, repeatedly, I pointed out that I just used average ratings for simplicity. I prefer short posts. As you are aware, this is the internet and long-winded posts lose an audience. I asked why I was losing to what I felt was inferior teams using FB. That I usually understood why I lose but that one stumped me. Criticizing my team construction was fine(I actually learned from that) but telling me I didn't know **** didn't sit well because, same as then, you don't know what I do/don't know.

I'll repeat, just for good measure, no one here invented fire. It's analyzing numbers. The more you do it, the better you'll be at it. So, if you've got a hundred seasons under your belt, you damn sure better know what you're doing. But some act as if fire/wheel/electricity/internet was their idea because they're good at a sim game.
4/21/2017 8:46 AM
Posted by Benis on 4/21/2017 8:40:00 AM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 4/21/2017 8:33:00 AM (view original):
You are correct.

Benis, there is ZERO(0) chance I'm a bigger hypocrite than you. I treat everyone pretty much the same(save a few instigators). You say "Them's the break" when it's one of your internet buddies and "Aww, that sucks. They should fix that" to everyone else that had the same, or at least similar, issue. The fact that you don't even realize it gives me a sadz.
Go back to when I said "Them's the breaks" for the first time and you went bananas about it. I wasn't talking about 'one of my internet buddies'. We were talking about hypothetical coaches and teams. Elon losing to Duke in a recruiting battle. From that point on, you've said Thems the Breaks about 100x more than I have to make fun of me.

You also just claimed you don't like to argue.... either hypocritical or delusional.
I don't recall the specifics. I do know, however, when one of your internet buddies complained about losing a recruit to a lesser school(maybe even a lower level), you were all sympathetic. "That sucks. That shouldn't happen. They should fix that" stuff. Hypocrite.
4/21/2017 8:49 AM
Wow I didn't realize I had so many internet buddies. My family is going to be so proud.

But seriously I don't know what 'internet buddies' you're even talking about. Only was banned back then so it wasn't him. What other buddies do I have on here?
4/21/2017 9:06 AM
What part of "I don't recall the specifics" is confusing you?

You come riding in to rescue your buddies and tell others "Thems the breaks". Next time there's some sort of thread with two sides, ask yourself that question.
4/21/2017 10:31 AM

"...No one here invented fire. It's analyzing numbers. The more you do it, the better you'll be at it. So, if you've got a hundred seasons under your belt, you damn sure better know what you're doing. But some act as if fire/wheel/electricity/internet was their idea because they're good at a sim game.

Wow, this is actually a really good analogy for some of the more pedantic players/posters around here.

And it came from Mike. Imagine that...
4/21/2017 11:43 AM
I know what I know.
4/21/2017 12:25 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 4/21/2017 12:25:00 PM (view original):
I know what I know.
Well, you seem to know dysfunctional Internet posters who aren't self-aware!

Congratulations, I guess.
4/21/2017 12:43 PM
It's a gift.
4/21/2017 12:49 PM
◂ Prev 1...11|12|13
Inglorious end ... Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.