Actually got a quick ticket response. They said the players will not be released until after the NBA Finals. Maybe so they can save all that precious time of theirs and have the all-defense updates in one batch
4/20/2017 7:22 PM
nice that they bothered to make a formal announcement...
4/20/2017 8:10 PM
Too bad that we should already be drafting in the $52 million league before the end of the NBA finals. But that's a call dh555 will be making. I would actually be okay with waiting for the next $52 million league to start drafting until the finals are over.
4/20/2017 8:34 PM
Waiting until after the Finals? Very questionable business move, as it irritates the die hard users and doesn't capitalize on interest in the NBA, which is at its height in the playoffs. After the Finals sports fans move their attentions elsewhere.
4/21/2017 7:10 AM
With the absurdity of the NBA playoff schedule, it gives WIS plenty of time
4/21/2017 8:19 AM
Posted by abrondon1 on 4/21/2017 7:10:00 AM (view original):
Waiting until after the Finals? Very questionable business move, as it irritates the die hard users and doesn't capitalize on interest in the NBA, which is at its height in the playoffs. After the Finals sports fans move their attentions elsewhere.
They know that if you haven't left yet, you ain't leaving'.
4/21/2017 9:46 AM
Well, if they're happy with us rag-tag addicts giving them something for nothing, more power to them, but I'm guessing that their user base has more attrition than addition right now.
4/21/2017 3:31 PM
Posted by bigmac945 on 4/20/2017 7:22:00 PM (view original):
Actually got a quick ticket response. They said the players will not be released until after the NBA Finals. Maybe so they can save all that precious time of theirs and have the all-defense updates in one batch
JFC...nothing says we don't give a ****, quite like this...
4/22/2017 4:47 PM
They didn't release the NFL players till after the super bowl even though there are no postseason awards affecting ratings there.

Looks like they're going for a "We're LOL bad, but at least we're consistently LOL bad!"
4/23/2017 7:50 PM
I'd like to thank WIS for all the money I'm saving by not purchasing any teams until the 16-17 players are released from purgatory.
4/26/2017 9:30 AM
Yeah they have to keep thinking up ways to get ppl to stop playing the nba sim.
4/26/2017 12:59 PM
do you think they do any analysis when setting the initial salaries pre all defensive team rating adjustments? I mean - do you think they have algorithms that look at the numbers and spit out a salary? Or do you think they put thought into it? Because if it's just an algorithm, wow that is lame they haven't released them. Because that means they just don't care enough to have some intern enter the numbers and spit the salaries out and release an update. If there's actual thought then I could understand it.
5/12/2017 10:17 PM
Posted by jcred5 on 5/12/2017 10:17:00 PM (view original):
do you think they do any analysis when setting the initial salaries pre all defensive team rating adjustments? I mean - do you think they have algorithms that look at the numbers and spit out a salary? Or do you think they put thought into it? Because if it's just an algorithm, wow that is lame they haven't released them. Because that means they just don't care enough to have some intern enter the numbers and spit the salaries out and release an update. If there's actual thought then I could understand it.
Cheaper to make one update instead of two
5/13/2017 9:14 AM
Here's a timeless diddy in honor of WIS. May we be 16 going on 17 forever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwK_WOXjfc0

5/16/2017 10:21 AM (edited)
please note we only know about this decision because one person got a note in response to a customer service query - no one from the site has actually made a public statement about anything to do with the NBA sim since (near as I can tell) maybe 2011
5/16/2017 11:44 AM (edited)
◂ Prev 1234 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.