Early Recruiting was a horrible idea for a site Topic

This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
I do think you're right, in that early recruiting makes it harder for coaches taking over new programs. But you're hardly screwed. The three best players on my roster right now, which includes a guy who was Conference Player of the Year and Honorable Mention as an All-American, were recruited in the second session, right after I got to Navy.
4/15/2017 1:26 PM
one of the ongoing big problems at D1 is that the majority of top recruits are still signing in the first session and most of the remaining "late" recruits sign in the first two cycles of session 2. this just kills new coaches.
4/15/2017 1:42 PM (edited)
He is right. Make new coach have the chance to recruit. We already were at 4 seasons a rebuild, now it's 5.
4/15/2017 1:44 PM
It's a problem but not a big one. I signed Wessels and Robbins while losing a stud to Kansas and an international VH/VH battle. Only take teams with 3 or less open ships.
4/15/2017 4:17 PM
Posted by cubcub113 on 4/15/2017 4:17:00 PM (view original):
It's a problem but not a big one. I signed Wessels and Robbins while losing a stud to Kansas and an international VH/VH battle. Only take teams with 3 or less open ships.
If you take someone elses team ok, but when you get a sim... if we want the population to grow...
4/15/2017 4:25 PM
For sure, Zorzii. It needs to be changed but you can find 1 or 2 role players for sure. I took over a sim with 3 ships and tried to fill 1 or 2.
4/15/2017 4:34 PM
Yeah I just looked around and I'm gonna try to recruit. Still tho, fact of the matter is that if you take over a new team you are at a huge disadvantage because so many recruits are already signed or considering others. At the very least, I should be allowed to take away scholarship offers from the 2 guys the sim ai signed for me. They are flat out terrible, I don't want them on my roster.
4/15/2017 5:46 PM
Some good news, tmac. You can cut any sim recruited players next season and get extra attention points and recruiting money.
4/15/2017 6:03 PM
I just rejoined cal and I couldn't even recruit the second session so did they change that? If so then at least you get to recruit second session it used to be you couldn't recruit at all
4/15/2017 6:34 PM
Posted by rsvphr on 4/15/2017 6:03:00 PM (view original):
Some good news, tmac. You can cut any sim recruited players next season and get extra attention points and recruiting money.
Oh cool, thats pretty game changing. Might end up sticking around then.
4/15/2017 8:00 PM
Posted by tmacfan12 on 4/15/2017 8:00:00 PM (view original):
Oh cool, thats pretty game changing. Might end up sticking around then.
Keep in mind, you only ever get resources for 6 scholarships max.

One other thing people taking taking over these teams prior to the second session sometimes forget is that you have better vision on transfers than a lot of other teams will have, because you have a full scouting budget for just the last session. Other teams have already (likely) spent most of their scouting money by the time transfer come out. You don't get superstars at D1 that way, but they can help fill out your team, and turn over their scholarships sooner, so they help you get you class structure balanced out the way you want it, too. It's a neat little advantage, if you use it well.
4/15/2017 9:17 PM
I took over a team that had signed one bad player in the first session. It says that I recruited him (even though I didn't) - so will I get a loyalty hit if I cut him?
4/16/2017 10:51 AM
Posted by highcountry on 4/16/2017 10:51:00 AM (view original):
I took over a team that had signed one bad player in the first session. It says that I recruited him (even though I didn't) - so will I get a loyalty hit if I cut him?
Yes, but that hit will, at worst, drop you from an A+ to an A-, assuming you have no other loyalty hits. You'll be back to an A+ within 2 seasons. Unless you're at D1 and planning to apply for another job within that time frame, cut the dead weight and build the program.

The glitch has been known, it just hasn't been addressed yet.
4/16/2017 1:24 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
123 Next ▸
Early Recruiting was a horrible idea for a site Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.