Early Recruiting was a horrible idea for a site Topic

Taking over new teams does suck. It really makes you want to just stay in one spot and not move up. Which doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me..

But now you know. Next time look for a team that was coached by a human previously or isn't losing much.
4/16/2017 7:24 PM
I mean I'll probably give it another try and take a different team with 0-2 scholarships. But again, for a game that needs brand new coaches, I can't believe they would make these kind of changes.
4/16/2017 10:02 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by cubcub113 on 4/15/2017 4:17:00 PM (view original):
It's a problem but not a big one. I signed Wessels and Robbins while losing a stud to Kansas and an international VH/VH battle. Only take teams with 3 or less open ships.
RS2 is annoying for rebuilds, but not a disaster at D3... With all the effort put in during RS1, are left with the scraps... And although D1 teams get first pick on the scraps, that doesnt leave a huge drop down to D3.

Look at the guys you mentioned, and compare them to guys who I got when taking over Cal Tech (a B- prestige Sim controlled D3 school) in RS2:
Wessels vs Mejia (mejia was projected D2)
Robbins vs Clifford or Williams (clifford and williams were both projected D3 players)

So basically at D3, when you take over a team you can get players who are something like 80% of the quality of a D1 player
4/17/2017 10:53 AM
Good finds. Congrats. Robbins and Wessels played 30 minutes this year and will play even less next year. Were Wessels and Robbins studs? No. Did they ruin my program. Also no. I easily could have signed players much better than Robbins and Wessels.

Stewart

Huang
4/17/2017 12:10 PM
Posted by cubcub113 on 4/17/2017 12:10:00 PM (view original):
Good finds. Congrats. Robbins and Wessels played 30 minutes this year and will play even less next year. Were Wessels and Robbins studs? No. Did they ruin my program. Also no. I easily could have signed players much better than Robbins and Wessels.

Stewart

Huang
fair - yeah, my point was not as a criticism to your guys, but more just an observation about the nature of RS2.

the 30 or so coaches that change teams at the end of a season get their pick essentially from the unattended guys... Since the top guys arent unattended, it means the gap between what can be recruited at D1 and what can be recruited at D3 is a lot closer in RS2 than it is in RS1. I'm with you that you can keep the program afloat in the meantime
4/17/2017 1:10 PM
Posted by waykbordr on 4/15/2017 6:34:00 PM (view original):
I just rejoined cal and I couldn't even recruit the second session so did they change that? If so then at least you get to recruit second session it used to be you couldn't recruit at all
Since it wasn't answered, are they letting coaches re-entering a world recruit 2nd session now?
4/17/2017 3:03 PM
No, they're talking about switching jobs. New coaches do not get to recruit in session 2
4/17/2017 4:58 PM
I think you're talking about two different things.

I left Rupp 10 years ago. I was qualified for D2 but not allowed to recruit in RS2.
I believe, and someone can confirm, if you've only been gone a few seasons, you can recruit in RS2. Sort of like a delayed job change. I believe that's what he means by "re-entering a world".
4/17/2017 5:04 PM
There are two different periods where you can take a job. There's a job change period, a day after the national championship, and if you take over a team during that period, you can recruit in RS2. If you reserve a team, you will take over the team in the next period, AFTER RS2, which means you obviously can't recruit in RS2.
4/17/2017 8:11 PM
The big issue now versus before is taking over a rebuild. I want to add a second time but all the options have 12 guys on scholarship I can't use. It wouldnt bother me to waste a season rebuilding but really I have to waste 2 seasons. Why would I want to pay for a year with SIM recruiting guys just to wait a full season before I can cut out the dead weight. That's what bothers me most about it. On one hand I really like early recruiting when I already have the team because it fills in the dead times during the season. But it really dissuades me from taking over a program that has to be rebuilt. Maybe if they gave me a free season on a rebuild I might be more interested, or the ability to cut players when I take over. I don't know. It's a tough one but I just don't want to take over a bad program and be saddled with bad players I can't do anything with for a full season. Waste.
4/19/2017 4:49 PM
It's an issue if you take a new team. For an established vet, you know the deal. Sucks but you know. For a complete n00b, it's much worse. Dude can't wait to play then goes 5-22 with a bunch of crap at a school he didn't know existed. He didn't know the deal.
4/19/2017 5:15 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by MikeT23 on 4/19/2017 5:15:00 PM (view original):
It's an issue if you take a new team. For an established vet, you know the deal. Sucks but you know. For a complete n00b, it's much worse. Dude can't wait to play then goes 5-22 with a bunch of crap at a school he didn't know existed. He didn't know the deal.
True.
4/20/2017 2:48 AM
it would be pretty easy to fix this issue simply drop the early recruiting session, and make the second session longer, i.e. like it was originally, while keeping all the logic changes which evened out and spread out recruiting destinations, including the early, whenever, late, with only the end of period 1 needing to be slightly changed to something like signing day, which would occur somewhere in the middle of the session. By the way, this fix completely fixes the EE issue too.
4/20/2017 5:04 AM
◂ Prev 123 Next ▸
Early Recruiting was a horrible idea for a site Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.