Recommended mentor needed Topic

I'm in my second season with Tacoma. We are in the set budget part of the season. Any recommendations on how to set up my budget and the direction of team I should be going for? Straight up rebuild or try and compete for playoffs? Still pretty new and Learning. My team is around 51M coming back and 22M for arbitrary and 12M for free agents (who I probably won't resign) and 1 mutual option on a 40 year old pitcher making 10M with a 2.5M buy out (which I really want to buy out). Any help much appreciated
4/15/2017 12:24 PM
Your hitting and D look good. Need work on your pitching to compete. But, IMO, you have too many good pieces to tear it down and start over.
4/15/2017 12:28 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 4/15/2017 12:28:00 PM (view original):
Your hitting and D look good. Need work on your pitching to compete. But, IMO, you have too many good pieces to tear it down and start over.
Thanks for looking. Appreciate it
4/15/2017 12:32 PM
Haywood Blank and Luther Penny need to be replaced. Ivy McNichol is MOP at best... with that high stamina, cant hurt to have him as MOP and safety backup SP. Other SPs look serviceable to start a season : Olsen, Banks, Valentine, Walker and Abercrombie.

defense is adequate to help with ERA's - although Frank Lee is out of position at 2b... he needs to be in CF with that awesome range. Hassleman is your 2b

Looks to me like you should be winning 80-85 games. be creative and add some pieces to the puzzle. i would never tear a team down like that
4/15/2017 6:16 PM (edited)
i really like your position players. If it were me, I'd get 1 top sp and one late signing sp and ditch 2 of your current backend guys. Those 3-5 starters of yours will maybe keep you afloat but it would be a disservice to your offense to run them out there every 5 days imo. I'd spend some FA money on those 2 sp and a couple set up guys and I think you could get to 90+ wins and a play-off spot. No reason to dismantle that roster.
4/15/2017 7:01 PM
Ok, thanks for the responses and help . I may try Frank Lee at CF. He won the 2b gold glove award last season, so we'll see how that change could work.
4/15/2017 8:57 PM
Recommended mentor needed Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.