Prestige and recruiting Topic

Posted by genuvar on 4/20/2017 10:18:00 PM (view original):
Prestige is one thing.. being in the WAC and going against a Big 12 elite is another story. As a non-bcs school you could be looking at having to spend around 2.5x (prestige affects this number to an extent) what a BCS school has put in. For example for 1 CV you would have to send 3. Elites have an even higher BASE recruiting advantage so you are spending (or sending) even more effort to begin with.. maybe 4-6 CVs to their 1 and I would shade that to the higher number if they just won an NC.

Theres a lot of factors that go into it, most that we cant see, so its hard to figure out exact figures but if you think like that it can help you avoid battles that will be much harder for you to win.
+1
4/20/2017 10:22 PM
This is my 2nd season of recruiting at this level and the extent of the disadvantage seems to be even greater than I expected. It's important to know. Is there a list of which teams are considered elite or does this change from year to year?
4/21/2017 2:51 PM (edited)
It will be tough with Boise State, but I love the town and the real football team so I will stick with it and change my recruiting philosophy, realizing I will never compete for a NC but at least have some fun with it.
4/21/2017 2:37 AM
I'm with you TBill. I am not saying it has to be mathematical, but some general idea is nice. I like genuvar's rough numbers. I still think that starting frosh / percentage plays should help significantly overcome this issue. It doesn't in this recruiting. Would a recruit rather sit for 3 or 4 years at BCS non-elite or start from day one at mid major? No big deal, but getting this information correct, will potentially offer different outcomes for recruiting.

Just my two cents.

Namaste
4/21/2017 9:20 AM
Do I understand correctly that teams from the Sunbelt, Conf USA, WAC and Mid Amer cannot be elite for recruiting purposes? Are all the teams from Big E, Big 10, Big 12, SEC, Pac 10 and ACC considered elites for recruiting purposes or only certain selected ones? Inquiring minds want to know.
4/21/2017 8:07 PM
I saw a scale once....think it was something like these.

Elite 75-125
BCS 65 - 110
Non BCS 60-100

And the best BCS team will never have the same ceiling as an elite.
4/21/2017 8:32 PM
Posted by dukelegend on 4/21/2017 8:33:00 PM (view original):

Elite 75-125
BCS 65 - 110
Non BCS 60-100

I have always been under the impression that a team's prestige can come close but never surpass the lowest of the level above. Meaning elite>BCS> mid major
4/21/2017 8:50 PM
Posted by TBill7 on 4/21/2017 8:07:00 PM (view original):
Do I understand correctly that teams from the Sunbelt, Conf USA, WAC and Mid Amer cannot be elite for recruiting purposes? Are all the teams from Big E, Big 10, Big 12, SEC, Pac 10 and ACC considered elites for recruiting purposes or only certain selected ones? Inquiring minds want to know.
Elites at D1A are static and never change. I'm sure you can find a list of them if you search the forums.
4/21/2017 8:52 PM
Posted by awags on 4/21/2017 8:50:00 PM (view original):
Posted by dukelegend on 4/21/2017 8:33:00 PM (view original):

Elite 75-125
BCS 65 - 110
Non BCS 60-100

I have always been under the impression that a team's prestige can come close but never surpass the lowest of the level above. Meaning elite>BCS> mid major
I believe there can be overlap, but only for adjacent levels. So BCS can be better than Elite, but non-BCS can never be better than Elite.
4/22/2017 12:49 AM
- Arrow of Time
- Cosmic Inflation
- Quantum Gravity
- Higgs Mechanism
- GD Game Mechanics

A small list of unsolved problems/theories that noone really has any answers for
4/22/2017 1:41 AM
Posted by soupyjoe on 4/22/2017 1:41:00 AM (view original):
- Arrow of Time
- Cosmic Inflation
- Quantum Gravity
- Higgs Mechanism
- GD Game Mechanics

A small list of unsolved problems/theories that noone really has any answers for
Where does that missing sock go after you do a wash ?
4/22/2017 3:06 AM
- Arrow of Time
- Cosmic Inflation
- Quantum Gravity
- Higgs Mechanism
- GD Game Mechanics

+1. customer support declined to even list the tiers, much less give me a list of who's in them. I may have to ask them the sock question.
4/22/2017 11:17 AM
Posted by TBill7 on 4/22/2017 11:17:00 AM (view original):
- Arrow of Time
- Cosmic Inflation
- Quantum Gravity
- Higgs Mechanism
- GD Game Mechanics

+1. customer support declined to even list the tiers, much less give me a list of who's in them. I may have to ask them the sock question.
This is the list of elite D1A teams:
Florida
Florida State
Miami (FL)
Penn State
Michigan
Notre Dame
Ohio State
Tennessee
Alabama
LSU
Texas
Nebraska
Oklahoma
USC (Southern Cal)
4/22/2017 11:33 AM
awags, that's very impressive. Where did you find that? I was beginning to wonder if there were no elites, only a sliding scale. (cancel my application to Vanderbilt.) If I went to the SEC or Big 10 it might be like moving next door to the bully.
4/22/2017 12:15 PM (edited)
Posted by TBill7 on 4/22/2017 12:15:00 PM (view original):
awags, that's very impressive. Where did you find that? I was beginning to wonder if there were no elites, only a sliding scale. (cancel my application to Vanderbilt.) If I went to the SEC or Big 10 it might be like moving next door to the bully.
That list is posted several places in the forums. D1A is the only level with static elites. Almost no matter where you take a job an elite or a powerhouse BCS program will be nearby. The trick is to put yourself in the best position that fits with your style. There are elites in every BCS conference with the exception of the Big East.
4/22/2017 12:21 PM
◂ Prev 1234 Next ▸
Prestige and recruiting Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.