From the original thread, one of the posters replied with the following which lead me to believe it doesn't always work during arb3.

Just had this guy not take the LT deal after the 3rd Arb. http://www.wisjournal.com/HBD/Pages/Popups/PlayerProfile.aspx?pid=4009587

(1) Went to arbitration screen
(2) Made arb offer
(3) Clicked "long-term contracts" immediately upon arb settlement
(4) Went to long-term contract screen
(5) Made 5-year offer
(6) HE SAID NO!

4/18/2017 12:04 PM
I can't confirm it works every time. It's worked every time for me. Which, I think, is 3 times.
4/18/2017 1:04 PM
you have to have the arb screen in one window and the long term screen in another. then you arb him in one screen and offer the long term in the other screen. Since you open the LT window before he is arb'ed, the logic on that screen doesn't know he has been signed yet. So when you sign him, it loads it into the next open 5 seasons...poof...6 year deal. If you arb him, then open the window, the underlying logic of the LT screen knows he has been arbed a 3rd time already.
It needs to be
(1) Open Arb window
(2) open separate LT window
(3) offer arb in arb window, don't close
(4) switch to LT window, offer LT
(5) celebrate
4/18/2017 5:02 PM
I haven't done it in a long time but I don't think the arb window closes after the arb. I think it just stays there and says "Blah, blah, blah, the player has been awarded..."
4/18/2017 6:18 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 4/18/2017 6:18:00 PM (view original):
I haven't done it in a long time but I don't think the arb window closes after the arb. I think it just stays there and says "Blah, blah, blah, the player has been awarded..."
Sounds good. Worked for me. Appreciate you, Mike.
4/21/2017 8:04 PM
Posted by loudawg10 on 4/18/2017 5:02:00 PM (view original):
you have to have the arb screen in one window and the long term screen in another. then you arb him in one screen and offer the long term in the other screen. Since you open the LT window before he is arb'ed, the logic on that screen doesn't know he has been signed yet. So when you sign him, it loads it into the next open 5 seasons...poof...6 year deal. If you arb him, then open the window, the underlying logic of the LT screen knows he has been arbed a 3rd time already.
It needs to be
(1) Open Arb window
(2) open separate LT window
(3) offer arb in arb window, don't close
(4) switch to LT window, offer LT
(5) celebrate
This is the correct way to do it, and I've done it perhaps a dozen times without fail.

Has anyone ever tried to include a bonus with the extension when doing this arb3 trick? I'm wondering if the bonus will count towards the arb3 season (current) or the first season of the extension (next).
11/20/2019 2:35 PM
It should be the extension, but I don't recall doing it myself. Also worth noting that sometimes the player will still accept a LT deal after a third arb. In that case, you may want to wait until the end of the season to add the LT deal.
11/20/2019 4:36 PM
Can someone link a player this properly worked for?
Thanks
11/20/2019 9:24 PM
https://www.whatifsports.com/hbd/Pages/Popups/PlayerRatings.aspx?pid=8544036

I used a second tab for long-term signing after arb 2.
11/21/2019 9:19 AM
Do LT demands change much between Arb 2 and Arb 3?
11/21/2019 1:22 PM
As an aside, some of those players would likely have still signed LT deals after the 3rd arb regardless.
11/21/2019 3:50 PM
Hey guys, just to clarify, this is an unintended loophole that you're exploiting, and it's against our rules to exploit loopholes. Now that I'm aware of it, I'll work on closing it, but be aware that exploiting it is cheating and could make you subject to consequences, up to losing your team.

Thanks.
11/27/2019 10:46 AM
An unintended loophole that’s been in play for ten years. LOL

clarification - I used it maybe three times in 40-plus seasons. Most players aren’t worth service time manipulation. We’re all guilty of service time manipulation anyway, certainly just as much as real life franchises.

losing this is not a game changer.

11/27/2019 11:36 AM (edited)
Posted by seble on 11/27/2019 10:46:00 AM (view original):
Hey guys, just to clarify, this is an unintended loophole that you're exploiting, and it's against our rules to exploit loopholes. Now that I'm aware of it, I'll work on closing it, but be aware that exploiting it is cheating and could make you subject to consequences, up to losing your team.

Thanks.
Yes by all means THIS should be where your focus and resources are spent...
11/27/2019 12:18 PM
◂ Prev 123 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.