Posted by seble on 11/27/2019 10:46:00 AM (view original):
Hey guys, just to clarify, this is an unintended loophole that you're exploiting, and it's against our rules to exploit loopholes. Now that I'm aware of it, I'll work on closing it, but be aware that exploiting it is cheating and could make you subject to consequences, up to losing your team.

Thanks.
seble's first post in eight months. At least we know he's still there ... doing ... something.
12/2/2019 2:05 PM
Yeah, it's not a good look when the only time that you chime in is to tell some of your more loyal customers that they are at risk of losing their teams.
12/2/2019 2:52 PM
We didn't know it was cheating. MikeT said it was OK.
12/2/2019 2:55 PM
Lol
12/2/2019 2:59 PM
Since some players will sign after three arbs and some won't, it is likely hard to prove what the particular situation was before the extension. That said, closing the ability to do it is a good idea, even if the impact is relatively minor.
12/2/2019 7:12 PM (edited)
So I guess Injury Recovery x 3 is not a loophole.
12/3/2019 3:24 AM
That seems to be scaled back as I didn't even get a player back to pre injury.
12/3/2019 8:30 AM
Posted by brianp87 on 12/3/2019 8:30:00 AM (view original):
That seems to be scaled back as I didn't even get a player back to pre injury.
Same. Its almost not worth having 20 mill in medical anymore.

Which is a shame because it used to add another strategy to the game. I used to not fear drafting or trading for players under 50 health because I knew my medical had them covered. Now, when they can't even get back to their pre injury numbers, why bother?
12/3/2019 9:52 AM
Exactly. They either need to announce changes or leave chit alone.
12/3/2019 10:07 AM
I always considered Medical Extensions a Feature, not a Bug.

You will receive a full return to health for a player on either DL with a lower medical budget. You should get added benefit for budgeting the full amount.

12/3/2019 3:04 PM
Posted by damag on 12/3/2019 3:04:00 PM (view original):
I always considered Medical Extensions a Feature, not a Bug.

You will receive a full return to health for a player on either DL with a lower medical budget. You should get added benefit for budgeting the full amount.

Exactly. I hire the best training/medical facility in the city (max budget) and they say to me with my starting pitcher that got injured 'He is healthy to return, but we have some strengthening exercises that we believe will give him even more strength and mobility on his pitching arm. Should we put him through the program?' to which I say 'Hell yeah'. and that is that.

(Or in my mind, my guy sprains his ankle, my guys in white labcoats grab him by the arms and pull him off the field screaming. They then inject him with super serum from either Captain America or Bane and before you know it he's back better then ever)
12/4/2019 1:40 PM
Posted by strikeout26 on 12/2/2019 2:52:00 PM (view original):
Yeah, it's not a good look when the only time that you chime in is to tell some of your more loyal customers that they are at risk of losing their teams.
Exactly.

If you see this post and think it is a loophole that should be closed, the professional, customer oriented, response is nothing.

You simply close the "loophole" and then make an announcement saying that the loophole was closed.

No need to issue blanket threats to the ever dwindling customer base.
12/4/2019 6:46 PM
Posted by Vitamin_C on 12/4/2019 6:46:00 PM (view original):
Posted by strikeout26 on 12/2/2019 2:52:00 PM (view original):
Exactly.

If you see this post and think it is a loophole that should be closed, the professional, customer oriented, response is nothing.

You simply close the "loophole" and then make an announcement saying that the loophole was closed.

No need to issue blanket threats to the ever dwindling customer base.
Or don't tell people it has been closed and watch as people panic when they can't LT their guy and send him to FA after only 7 seasons.
12/5/2019 1:35 PM
◂ Prev 123

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.