Need insight - Coach relations Topic

Posted by gt_deuce on 4/21/2017 6:37:00 PM (view original):
Posted by harriswb3 on 4/21/2017 8:27:00 AM (view original):
Here is what I have for an example of late signing, it does flow with the "player ID, in order" thought pattern.

Player A was UNDECIDED after 9PM going into last cycle.
Player B was GREEN after 9PM going into last cycle.

I really wanted player A, but would take either one. So, I put my last little bit of money into player A, and offered scholly to both. Player A signed with me.

Player A: 92477938
Player B: 92519927
I suspected that's how it worked - in order of ascending Recruit ID - but didn't have a concrete example. Thank you for putting it to the test and confirming our suspicions. This is incredibly useful information.
I never thought about it until this thread....and I just so happened to have this example at end of this seasons Wilkinson recruiting. Everything just sort of fell in place. And, yes....it is actually extremely useful now that I know....
4/21/2017 7:18 PM
Here is some confirmation. I had 12 actions come in on a cycle. One was stamped at 12:05 and the rest at 12:06. The player ID for the 12:05 action was lower than every player ID that had an action at 12:06.
4/22/2017 11:40 AM
?
4/22/2017 1:33 PM
I can't believe I've been in GD for as long as I have and I have to ask a question bout how it works.
Can someone explain What is Player ID and where do you find it ?
4/23/2017 5:48 AM
Posted by mojolad on 4/23/2017 5:48:00 AM (view original):
I can't believe I've been in GD for as long as I have and I have to ask a question bout how it works.
Can someone explain What is Player ID and where do you find it ?
Just like Games have specific ID numbers, schools have specific ID numbers; players also have specific ID numbers.

If you open up any players screen to view his attributes and such, you can see the ID number in the web address. Or, for recruiting, yatzrs tool brings that in and is always viewable.

This player is just one example to show what that web address looks like: note the number at the end (PID).

https://www.whatifsports.com/gd/PlayerProfile/Ratings.aspx?pid=11003028
4/23/2017 7:45 AM
The real question is why are you fighting/signing a player so late in the first place? I've had battles go to the last day but not the last cycle. But this is very useful information. Thanks
4/23/2017 9:23 AM
Thanks Harris. I never paid any attention to those. I just looked at the data ; the player card, the game info , etc. But never the id. And that apparently matters ? Go figure !
4/23/2017 11:06 AM
◂ Prev 123
Need insight - Coach relations Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.