Is there any effect either way if you cut during the second cycle but before the draft an EE player who signs with an agent and declares for the draft?
4/18/2017 11:49 PM
Posted by ftbeaglesfan on 4/18/2017 11:49:00 PM (view original):
Is there any effect either way if you cut during the second cycle but before the draft an EE player who signs with an agent and declares for the draft?
What would the point of cutting an EE be? You already get the AP/cash for said player at the start of RS2 anyway so what benefit would there be to cutting said player (other than risking your other players joining him in protest and maybe not even getting the prestige bump due to the player getting drafted)?
4/19/2017 12:48 PM
Just to see what it does. No point in it.
4/19/2017 1:47 PM
Result:

Did find out that if you cut a top 20 player (EE) on the big board that declares there is an interesting result. I cut him near the end of the 2nd cycle and he disappeared from the game. No bonus or penalty for your team, the player does not appear on transfer lists, and the guy does not get drafted. Instead he goes home to flip burgers or something...LOL

Sometimes you have try something different just to find out and be able to answer interesting questions by those you mentor. We now have an answer.

PS my class was already signed before I tried this..
4/19/2017 2:28 PM
Awesome new development. He returns as a freshman with all the skills still intact from when he left. Statistics from S. Miss cleared. He is on South Carolina this year in Wooden! oldresorter gets him and it says the sim recruited him to the team as a scholarship player!

Check out Nenad Zdon from Russia. That's where I got him from originally. He is #7 on the Big Board.

Absolutely fascinating result. How many saw that one coming. I certainly didn't.
4/19/2017 11:24 PM (edited)
Props to dizzle for noticing it and bringing it to my attention.
4/19/2017 11:35 PM
Posted by ftbeaglesfan on 4/19/2017 11:24:00 PM (view original):
Awesome new development. He returns as a freshman with all the skills still intact from when he left. Statistics from S. Miss cleared. He is on South Carolina this year in Wooden! oldresorter gets him and it says the sim recruited him to the team as a scholarship player!

Check out Nenad Zdon from Russia. That's where I got him from originally. He is #7 on the Big Board.

Absolutely fascinating result. How many saw that one coming. I certainly didn't.
That is just utterly broken.

I assume that oldresorter was limited to only 3 walk-ons and was suppose to get at least 1 SIM signed recruit but the fact that he is a freshman is just crazy (along with the A level IQ).

Big time WIS bug.
4/19/2017 11:37 PM
To fix this issue, WIS should remove the ability to cut any players who have zero eligible seasons remaining (either SR, SR/5 or EEs) or remove them immediately from team rosters after the NCG has been played like it was in HD 2.0.
4/19/2017 11:50 PM
He left me after his Junior year and came back as a Freshman.

Agree budd it is something that should probably be fixed. In the meantime a few people will figure out how to make it work for them. At least it was great D1 team he went too. Just imagine if he landed on a D2/D3 team for 4 years.
4/20/2017 12:25 AM (edited)
another example of why two teams in a world is a bigger issue in 3.0
4/20/2017 12:35 AM
I did write up a ticket, now that I figured out what took place. I thought maybe someone had recruited the player strongly, but forgot to offer a scholy or something odd, but I think at least, I understand what happened now. Here is the ticket content:

A player who declared for the draft got cut by a coach from conf usa (ftbeaglesfan), the player was evidently a jr based on the post by that coach, who had already declared. So the coach cut the player, to see what happened, for some reason, the player (Zdon I think is his name) showed up as a walkon on my so carolina roster, and as a freshman. Now it appears his interest in declaring early stayed strong, he is ranked 7th in terms of the draft big board, but him returning at all, let alone as a frosh, both appear to be bugs. The easy fix (I can think would work at least) is to wipe out EE's from the roster after they declare right b4 the 2nd round of recruiting begins (or after the season ends), so they cannot be cut - right?
4/20/2017 4:58 AM
Posted by oldresorter on 4/20/2017 4:58:00 AM (view original):
I did write up a ticket, now that I figured out what took place. I thought maybe someone had recruited the player strongly, but forgot to offer a scholy or something odd, but I think at least, I understand what happened now. Here is the ticket content:

A player who declared for the draft got cut by a coach from conf usa (ftbeaglesfan), the player was evidently a jr based on the post by that coach, who had already declared. So the coach cut the player, to see what happened, for some reason, the player (Zdon I think is his name) showed up as a walkon on my so carolina roster, and as a freshman. Now it appears his interest in declaring early stayed strong, he is ranked 7th in terms of the draft big board, but him returning at all, let alone as a frosh, both appear to be bugs. The easy fix (I can think would work at least) is to wipe out EE's from the roster after they declare right b4 the 2nd round of recruiting begins (or after the season ends), so they cannot be cut - right?
Incredible story fb
4/20/2017 7:33 AM
Posted by ftbeaglesfan on 4/19/2017 11:24:00 PM (view original):

What the hell!

Lmfao

The is gold!
4/20/2017 8:07 AM
He was my first EE so it hurt to do it.

This should never happen again but because it happened can I say... Nenad Zdon- Best Freshman ever with his IQ or at least a player on the all time Freshman team.

Thanks for turning in a ticket oldresorter. I will turn one in too. I just wanted to give the person a chance to see it before I turned it in. Otherwise they would think I was crazy and making stuff up.
4/20/2017 10:33 AM
Submitted a ticket.

I cut an EE (Nenad Zdon) from S.Miss. in Wooden to show a person I am mentoring what would happen. He would have been my first EE also was my first 5 star recruit ever. Hurt to do. I thought it would do nothing because he had already declared and lost his eligibility.
Turns out he disappeared, did not get drafted, could not be recruited, and returned as a sim signed freshman for South Carolina with all skills intact maxed out.

Easy fix- Remove all players EE, Seniors, and 5th year seniors with expired eligibility
4/20/2017 11:39 AM
123 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.