Redshirt transfer Topic

Had a players work ethnic drop 21 points (73 to 52) after placing the redshirt on him. I'm fine with the 52 work ethic, I just don't want him to transfer. The question is will he transfer?
4/19/2017 8:31 AM
No.
4/19/2017 10:08 AM
Posted by kevodaphenom on 4/19/2017 8:31:00 AM (view original):
Had a players work ethnic drop 21 points (73 to 52) after placing the redshirt on him. I'm fine with the 52 work ethic, I just don't want him to transfer. The question is will he transfer?
He will only NOT show up next season for any of the following reasons:
  1. You promised him start and/or minutes during recruiting and placed a RS on him when he showed up to campus (broken promise).
  2. He somehow gets drafted even though he doesn't play a minute during his RS season (unlikely but I guess technically possible).
  3. You cut someone else at the start of RS2 next season and he leaves as well, showing his solidarity with a teammate (very rare).
4/19/2017 12:40 PM
Adding to buddha's list, I believe players will also transfer if they get fewer minutes than they think they ought to. Usually they just complain and drop WE, but I believe there is an extremely thin chance they walk over it. I've tried unsuccessfully to intentionally trigger that sort of departure.

As far was the situation you describe though, the WE hit is all that will occur. If you're good with the WE, then just leave the redshirt on and enjoy an extra season of goodness.
4/19/2017 3:22 PM
Redshirt transfer Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.