PG- Great Speed & Avg Def OR Avg Speed & Great Def Topic

I have an internal struggle right now with two PG recruits...

Option 1 - Do I go after the PG who will have great Speed and sub par Def with much better PG skills (PE & P) OR...
Option 2 - Do I go after the PG who will have great Def and sub par Speed who's A will be great but not too much better than option 1 and who's P is also going to be sub par?

Do you feel that Speed and Def can kind of offset one another?

Thank you in advance?
4/19/2017 10:13 AM
Option 1.
4/19/2017 10:33 AM
Option 1. I personally have had alot more success with better PG skills and lower defense then the other way around.
4/19/2017 10:56 AM
PG is the one starting position i'm generally willing to give up some defense for more SPD and BH/P skills.
4/19/2017 1:12 PM
It partly depends on what your personal definition of "great" and "sub-par" is, the level of play and what defense you run.

I inherited a team D3 team many seasons back that featured 3 players with defenses in the low teens, but all three were also slated to have strong speed (2 in the low 90s, one in the mid/upper 80s) and the team ran a press. Out of morbid curiosity, I just decided to go with it for the first season rather than attempt an intervention for perimeter defense. While all three certainly could be foul magnets and opponents shot the hell out of the ball against us in some games, they also racked up steals for me at a rate I didn't expect given the defense ratings.

Given that experiment, I'd certainly opt for Option 1 unless maybe I was playing a man defense.
4/19/2017 3:19 PM
PG- Great Speed & Avg Def OR Avg Speed & Great Def Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.