Recruit just gives up college Topic

Has anyone ever had this happen before? Here are parts of the ticket I sent in.
Recruiting ended last night and I had a scholarship offer, campus visit, promised playing time and overall had spent about $6200 on a recruit. He didnt sign with anyone. He was a transfer player with one year of eligibility left. Is this something that happens or was this something out of the ordinary? Disappointing to spend that on a recruit and then have him not sign with anyone.
I belive the recruits name was Brandon Huff but I had already deleted all my recruit messages.
Thanks
Hi Jimmy,

It appears that he went to the "NBA".

We are looking into why you weren't not notified.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.
I dont see him on the list of those drafted. Plus a transfer who was showing as being a DII recruit wouldnt be good enough to be drafted.
4/19/2017 3:40 PM Customer Support
He wasn't drafted, but did leave college.

Thanks.

4/19/2017 6:11 PM
I don't mean to laugh but this is pretty hilarious. Both the situation of a player just deciding he'd rather go work at McDonalds than get a free ride somewhere and the half assed "sucks to be you" response from CS. Pretty funny.
4/19/2017 6:29 PM
Posted by ozzzball19 on 4/19/2017 6:11:00 PM (view original):
Has anyone ever had this happen before? Here are parts of the ticket I sent in.
Recruiting ended last night and I had a scholarship offer, campus visit, promised playing time and overall had spent about $6200 on a recruit. He didnt sign with anyone. He was a transfer player with one year of eligibility left. Is this something that happens or was this something out of the ordinary? Disappointing to spend that on a recruit and then have him not sign with anyone.
I belive the recruits name was Brandon Huff but I had already deleted all my recruit messages.
Thanks
Hi Jimmy,

It appears that he went to the "NBA".

We are looking into why you weren't not notified.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.
I dont see him on the list of those drafted. Plus a transfer who was showing as being a DII recruit wouldnt be good enough to be drafted.
4/19/2017 3:40 PM Customer Support
He wasn't drafted, but did leave college.

Thanks.

Did WIS fix this and get you the player? It's total absurdity.
4/19/2017 7:17 PM
No, I didnt get the player. I have a worthless sim recruit.
4/19/2017 7:46 PM
I assume you showed up on his considering list?

I just picked up a D3 team and had a weird situation with a recruit. I spent 5 total AP on him over 5 cycles (basically a backup to my backup option). He became a primary target and I was about to make a big push for him when I noticed that I was not one of the 3 schools on his considering list. I took that as a red flag and stopped pursuing him. I wonder what would have happened if I offered a scholarship and sent a couple of HV.
4/19/2017 8:06 PM
Yes, I was very high on his considering list. One other school was low I believe.
4/19/2017 8:10 PM
He truly stopped playing? I mean if it's the case, how dumb is this? Or they do not want to fix the bug?
4/19/2017 8:59 PM
He got a spot in his brother's crack-selling biz. Pretty lucrative.

THAT'S REALISM, BRO!!!!
4/19/2017 9:09 PM
I asked if this happened often and they said no and that they were looking into it.
4/19/2017 9:39 PM
It's a glitch. If it doesn't happen often, they probably won't do anything.
4/19/2017 9:47 PM
BS BS BS BS BS BS

Im just... sorry. That sucks and takes fun out of the game. My prediction is you taunted the imaginary WIS gods. Did you make any comments about bad lines? Did you think about your team having an easy win? WIS has spies everywhere and little things tick them off. In all seriousness you NEED to be given this player and WIS needs to address this issue. This is the type of thing the new heads of this game need to take care of? What do they even do all day?
4/19/2017 9:51 PM
Posted by cubcub113 on 4/19/2017 9:51:00 PM (view original):
BS BS BS BS BS BS

Im just... sorry. That sucks and takes fun out of the game. My prediction is you taunted the imaginary WIS gods. Did you make any comments about bad lines? Did you think about your team having an easy win? WIS has spies everywhere and little things tick them off. In all seriousness you NEED to be given this player and WIS needs to address this issue. This is the type of thing the new heads of this game need to take care of? What do they even do all day?
It needs to be fixed.
4/19/2017 10:46 PM
one question is what is the glitch

was the glitch the fact that he showed as very high when in fact he had not seen enough effort to sign? at least in 2.0 each player had some level of effort they needed to see in order to sign

or was the glitch that he didnt sign?

4/19/2017 11:01 PM
I would think he had enough effort to sign. I had the scholarship, campus visit, playing time and over 10 home visits. I had a little over $6200 in him when recruiting ended.
4/19/2017 11:12 PM
Imaginary college basketball player goes MIA. Why hasn't TMZ or The Onion picked this story up yet????
4/19/2017 11:44 PM
12 Next ▸
Recruit just gives up college Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.