Random Historic Team Progressive League NEW ! 7 in Topic

This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Questions...
1. If rosters can go to 30 players and there is No AAA, do we just own the rights to those players without being able to use them?
2. If rosters can go to 30 players and we can only have 20 Keepers then subsequent draft pools of 150 players will only allow us to get 6.25 players max in the draft. (150 players/24 Teams = 6.25), 30 players will never be attainable, or am I missing something?
Question #2 is under the assumption that players being Cut are not immediately part of the next draft pool and don't re-enter the league until a Team they are playing on gets chosen in the draw, which is the way I understand how you have things setup.
4/22/2017 1:44 PM

https://www.whatifsports.com/forums/Posts.aspx?topicID=501331&threadID=11169078#l_11169078
4/22/2017 2:57 PM
Welcome sohio4ever.
4/22/2017 6:23 PM
I am almost done with the actual list of draftable players for the inaugural draft. I will post it in a day or two. I am teaching out of town all day today and Sunday. So look for it.
4/22/2017 6:24 PM
The only item I need clarity on is with the 5 drafted players in AAA.: whenever (now) when we bring a player "up", we send someone "down".
WIS keeps a nucleus of 25.Are they allowing 30?
4/22/2017 6:35 PM
The mlb expanded rooster is 40 players. 40 times 35 teams= pool of 1,400 in the initial pool. 1400 divided by 24 owners = 58.3.
in year 2, only keeping 20 of 30, adds 240 to another 1400.

4/22/2017 8:22 PM
Posted by italyprof on 4/22/2017 6:22:00 PM (view original):
bheid408, I am grateful for your having done the math. We might need a little bit bigger pool of teams - maybe 8 at least, instead of 6. But as to your question 2, the cut players do go back into the draft pool for the following year as in any prog league, unless they are on DL that season (not in the WIS database for a season for whatever reason) or have retired. So most of the cut players will be redrafted. The actual draft pool, if we stick with the 6 new team plan, is therefore 150 players plus as many as 240 cut by team, so it is actually somewhere, accounting for teams that don't draft all 30, some retirees and DL, between 300 and 375 each season. So divided by 24 teams comes to between 12 and 15 players each team on average.

The idea is while teams will keep their best 20 players of course, a number of useful players will circulate around the league, making things more interesting and also opening up roster positions for the new arrivals in each year's draft pool, since most of those are not rookies, but are players at various points in their careers and so many valuable full-time players and even established stars.

As to question number 1, no the idea is that you can use the full 30 players. that is to be sure that each team has enough IP and PA each season, so the 30 man roster, with 5 of the drafted players in AAA are precisely there to be used, but not to be stored away for years until they mature. Hence the 20 man keepers.
I hope that answers your questions. and thanks for them.
So, then there is AAA. In the rules it says No AAA. Maybe that's why I got confused!
4/22/2017 9:29 PM
123 Next ▸
Random Historic Team Progressive League NEW ! 7 in Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.