Random Historic Team Progressive League NEW ! 7 in Topic

I like the concept. I'm sure the founding owners can tweak the rules with our commissioner via site mail. First item for vote, could be start at
20 owners and expand later.

Our commish seems open to suggestions.
4/23/2017 9:37 AM
Its nice to see you you've returned, Italyprof.
I'll join the league, I would be in favor of 8 teams in each new draft rather than six.
4/24/2017 5:14 PM (edited)
Hey Prof, I noticed that there are 1920 and 1922 Browns teams.
4/23/2017 5:02 PM
I'm in.
4/23/2017 5:10 PM
I'm sorry, I am apparently not explaining things very well.

There are NO computer-generated AAA. By "AAA" bheid408, I only meant that this where you park the extra 5 players drafted, since you can draft up to 30 players, not just 25. That 30-player rule is only to insure that every team has enough IP and PA each season, so if you have 5 other players you can call up to the team to cover for starters who may have low IP or PA.

It sounds like there is a consensus for needing 8 new teams to join the draft instead of six. That is fine, I will change the rule to 8 now. gbakker, thanks, I don't know how I missed that. It should be the next team down for 1922, then, instead of the Browns it will be the Cincinnati Reds of 1922. I will fix the draft pool accordingly.

The problem with 20 owners is that it is not a multiple of three, and there is no WIS system of having three divisions each with 20 teams. Having only two divisions means only four playoff teams instead of 8 and so less interest in signing up for the league. So it is actually easier to attract 24 owners than 20, since their chances of getting into the playoffs are 1/3 instead of 1/5.
4/24/2017 9:54 AM
Welcome gbakker and rufus4ever.

Thanks everyone for the continuing input.
4/24/2017 10:35 AM
I am gradually getting the first draft pool together - being the inaugural one, made up of the entire rosters of 35 teams it takes a while. But it is coming along, and thanks to the working class movement May 1 is a national holiday here in Italy as it is in most of the world (it commemorates the national 1886 strike by AMERICAN workers to obtain a legal working day of 8 hours. We did not win that right until the New Deal in the 1930s, and it has been eroded by employers in recent years), so over the three-day weekend I should be able to get it done and post it. Which will hopefully be interesting and exciting enough to put us over the top and fill this league !

But feel encouraged to sign up in the meantime - every player ever, entering the league at random, so rosters that are multi-season as in OLs without the various downsides of OLs and in a continuing progressive league. What more could you want? (May 1 as a national holiday, I know. Had dark forces not messed with reality, resulting in a Trump-Chicago Cubs confluence, and distorting reality, we would have a Sanders administration and perhaps both Opening Day and May Day as holidays). For now, this league will provide some comfort to get us through dark times.
4/27/2017 5:41 AM
Bump.... this is a cool concept, lets fill it up
5/7/2017 2:16 PM
I will sign on.
5/19/2017 1:01 AM
Thanks gbakker, I was about to let it go. But I am encouraged again - welcome fatboydad54, we are up to 5. Let's keep it rolling !
5/20/2017 2:20 PM
Sounds like fun. I'm in.
5/20/2017 4:22 PM
Great ! We are up to six now. And moving...
5/21/2017 5:25 PM
Being a founder has it's advantages-there are names like Babe Ruth, Lou Gehrig, Ty Cobb, Tris Speaker, Stan Covelski etc.
Each progressive year, you get to keep 20. Wow!!!!!

5/21/2017 5:32 PM
Our commish tends to be over-explain. the bottom line is this is a SUPER PROGRESSIVE JOIN.
5/21/2017 5:37 PM
Posted by sohio4ever on 5/21/2017 5:37:00 PM (view original):
Our commish tends to be over-explain. the bottom line is this is a SUPER PROGRESSIVE JOIN.
What he said.
5/25/2017 5:08 PM
◂ Prev 123 Next ▸
Random Historic Team Progressive League NEW ! 7 in Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.