Recruiting against SIMs Topic

If you've knocked off all but 1 SIM, but you are out of $$ and the recruit says you are leading (but still yellow), is there any chance he will eventually sign with you? Or is the SIM going to eventually sign him since you can't put any more effort into knocking him off?
4/20/2017 3:29 PM
My understanding is that the sim will keep throwing money at him and probably sign him away from you eventually.
4/20/2017 4:04 PM
9 times out of 10 the SIM will eventually get him. But there is a chance.
4/20/2017 4:42 PM
Posted by GoldenHomer2 on 4/20/2017 4:04:00 PM (view original):
My understanding is that the sim will keep throwing money at him and probably sign him away from you eventually.
That is my experience. I have never beaten a sim I did not knock off with $$$.

That is the same experience as if you are fighting GoldenHomer2 as well or mfnmyers....lmao...
4/20/2017 5:13 PM
Thanks guys. I kinda figured that was the case. That one final SIM can be tough to knock off on a limited budget!
4/20/2017 5:21 PM
Counterpoint: I've won recruiting battles where I didn't knock off the Sim, but still eventually signed them.

The key lies in having a big enough lead that you sign the recruit before the Sim can put in enough automated effort to flip the recruit to considering them. It's complete guesswork, though.

For this time, you're just going to have to cross your fingers and wait. For future instances, knock Sims off fast and early. Don't leave your signings to that kind of chance.
4/20/2017 6:45 PM
Posted by gt_deuce on 4/20/2017 6:45:00 PM (view original):
Counterpoint: I've won recruiting battles where I didn't knock off the Sim, but still eventually signed them.

The key lies in having a big enough lead that you sign the recruit before the Sim can put in enough automated effort to flip the recruit to considering them. It's complete guesswork, though.

For this time, you're just going to have to cross your fingers and wait. For future instances, knock Sims off fast and early. Don't leave your signings to that kind of chance.
This is my experience as well. Usually you'll get them within the first 24-48 hours of signings. If it goes longer than that you'll probably lose IMO.
4/20/2017 7:09 PM
Thanks deuce and z32.

This was a late effort to improve my class. So I have a few backups in place and saved enough cash to give them offers. Just trying to figure out how long I should wait out the SIM battle before I give up and offer my backup option. Sounds like each cycle that passes my odds are going down.
4/20/2017 9:01 PM
Posted by holdaway on 4/20/2017 5:15:00 PM (view original):
Posted by GoldenHomer2 on 4/20/2017 4:04:00 PM (view original):
That is my experience. I have never beaten a sim I did not knock off with $$$.

That is the same experience as if you are fighting GoldenHomer2 as well or mfnmyers....lmao...
Haha, I'm no mfnmyers. I think that dude is sitting on a gold mine of stashed up recruiting dough built up through thousands of years.
4/20/2017 9:18 PM
He killed me this past season in Wilkinson. Top 5 DL, 156 miles from my place. Just picked up the team, major rebuild, opposite miami_jefe in NWC...ouch....anyway, mfnmyers crushed me from 1000 miles away. I dropped $8k and lost. Mostly Campus visits. Have no idea how he beat me. None. I did get a real nice simAI recruit......not......lol....
4/22/2017 12:37 AM
this is nonsense that the sims get to bid on players before we even have a chance to bid!
4/23/2017 5:13 AM
Hey, the Sim is the brother to the AI. It's nepotism.
4/23/2017 5:46 AM
Posted by rwm731 on 4/23/2017 5:13:00 AM (view original):
this is nonsense that the sims get to bid on players before we even have a chance to bid!
Uh uh. Would you really rather spend on various players only to have the sim come in and take some of them away? Better that you know something about the lay of the land as far as sims go before you spend your money.
4/23/2017 11:54 AM
Recruiting against SIMs Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.