What. The. Faaaaaack. Topic

Posted by thinair on 4/21/2017 12:47:00 PM (view original):
I bet Dante Chapman gets laid a lot, simply because of how good his teammates must make him look.
Between that and his southern accent that dude has gotta be crushing it.
4/21/2017 1:01 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 4/21/2017 10:33:00 AM (view original):
Posted by Trentonjoe on 4/21/2017 3:36:00 AM (view original):
Ab is quickly becoming one of my favorite posters
He's about as popular as AIDS in the HBD forums.
I don't know if I'd give me that much credit. At least AIDS had the eighties. It had a pretty good run.
4/21/2017 7:33 PM
Posted by ab90 on 4/21/2017 7:33:00 PM (view original):
I don't know if I'd give me that much credit. At least AIDS had the eighties. It had a pretty good run.
Nobody's making my *** a quilt. Will say that. And I'm popular in the HBD forums because I ask questions like, "what's the best record a team has ever had?" because that data is not readily available. People get really salty about HBD. Easily threatened, I'd say. There are other guys from the Durham league that just follow me everywhere, trolling, like that one moon-landing conspiracist did with Buzz Aldrin. I've never thrown a punch in my life. When I've gotten punched before, I always laugh. Nothing ****** somebody off more than when they try to knock your teeth out and you just laugh at them.

I can understand why Buzz got a little sassy at the end, I guess is what I'm saying. In HD, people congratulate you when you win, as you do with them. The good HBD leagues are like that, too.

But a lot of them are not. 1. I don't even know who tecwrg is. 2. If I can read what you posted, I think you're doing this blocking thing the wrong way...
4/21/2017 7:45 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 4/21/2017 12:32:00 PM (view original):
I have him blocked. It takes a lot for me to get to that point. He apparently crossed a line at some point. Can't remember if it was because he had a superiority complex ("I'm so much better at this game than everybody else"), or if it was because he was a forum troll with nothing useful to add.
I don't think you're doing it right. But also, why block somebody and follow them everywhere, posting everywhere they do? What's the point of blocking somebody and then being their shadow? Or is it that you just would like to say snarky things and then not give me a chance to respond?

At any rate, sitemail me. I'll give you the directions on how to actually block me for real, if you'd like. And if you can't remember why somebody upset you in the first place, that might be an indicator that you need to reevaluate a situation.
4/21/2017 7:52 PM (edited)
So thankful you posted this so I didn't have to. I typed it out and everything, but I'm trying to be a better human these days.
4/22/2017 12:50 AM
Posted by ab90 on 4/21/2017 7:52:00 PM (view original):
I have him blocked. It takes a lot for me to get to that point. He apparently crossed a line at some point. Can't remember if it was because he had a superiority complex ("I'm so much better at this game than everybody else"), or if it was because he was a forum troll with nothing useful to add.
I don't think you're doing it right. But also, why block somebody and follow them everywhere, posting everywhere they do? What's the point of blocking somebody and then being their shadow? Or is it that you just would like to say snarky things and then not give me a chance to respond?

At any rate, sitemail me. I'll give you the directions on how to actually block me for real, if you'd like. And if you can't remember why somebody upset you in the first place, that might be an indicator that you need to reevaluate a situation.
I don't think you understand the block feature. When you block someone, you can't see what they posted. I do it so I won't be tempted to engage. You can waste a lot of time arguing with people who bring nothing to the table.

That's why I say "If you blocked me, why are you responding?" A lot of people block users then read their posts anyway. Which is dumb.

And, for the record, if someone quotes a user you blocked, you can then read their post.
4/22/2017 7:12 AM
As for what I've seen posted, which I take with a grain of salt, the HBD folk who don't care much for you have accused you of taking pre-built teams, winning, running them into the ground and leaving. If true, that's problematic for HBD. Not the taking pre-builts and winning but the other part. SIMAI doesn't take teams in HBD, the worlds have to find a user willing to inherit the messes.
4/22/2017 7:16 AM
Posted by thinair on 4/22/2017 12:50:00 AM (view original):
So thankful you posted this so I didn't have to. I typed it out and everything, but I'm trying to be a better human these days.
lol.

Same here. It ended up being so much funnier that an posted it.
4/22/2017 8:28 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 4/22/2017 7:12:00 AM (view original):
Posted by ab90 on 4/21/2017 7:52:00 PM (view original):

I don't think you understand the block feature. When you block someone, you can't see what they posted. I do it so I won't be tempted to engage. You can waste a lot of time arguing with people who bring nothing to the table.

That's why I say "If you blocked me, why are you responding?" A lot of people block users then read their posts anyway. Which is dumb.

And, for the record, if someone quotes a user you blocked, you can then read their post.
ab doesn't seem to be the brightest rocket surgeon in the drawer.
4/22/2017 9:04 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 4/22/2017 7:16:00 AM (view original):
As for what I've seen posted, which I take with a grain of salt, the HBD folk who don't care much for you have accused you of taking pre-built teams, winning, running them into the ground and leaving. If true, that's problematic for HBD. Not the taking pre-builts and winning but the other part. SIMAI doesn't take teams in HBD, the worlds have to find a user willing to inherit the messes.
you can take a look at any team i've ever had. none is in anything less than phenomenal shape. the "pre-built" teams had never won anything. the 2 colorado teams were pre-built and on the back end of their winning window, as they still are. 99% of the people i've interacted with in hbd have, at worst, no opinion of me. some dislike the rings. when they try to needle me, i ignore them for about a calendar year. then, it gets to be too much.

and, make no mistake, if you've been a dick to me, i'm a writer on the side. i will write something that is designed to melt your ******* soul.

WIS has bullies. no doubt about it. again, i mostly laugh. but, just as i would do on the playground if i had to, i'll ruin your day if i think you're a bad person and you've picked on me too long. in fact, i will brainstorm my post until i feel like reading it makes you want to kill yourself. like anybody with testosterone, if you **** with me enough, i'm capable of slitting your throat.

"i just want to party. i don't wanna hurt nobody.
i just want to party. i don't want to hurt nobody.
just wanna party. don't wanna hurt nobody.

but i'll beat the f### out of a ni####"- Emily Dickinson, as recorded by YG
4/22/2017 7:02 PM
Posted by thinair on 4/22/2017 12:50:00 AM (view original):
lmao. somebody had to say it.
4/22/2017 7:02 PM
Mike, you've always answered my questions genuinely, so I like you. Does my HBD history have *a single* red flag in it? think i had a couple one and dones, but you can see how those teams did after i left. life ebbs and floes, and sometimes you have to drop a team.
4/22/2017 7:07 PM
Franchise Profile: Browns - Hardball Dynasty Baseball | WhatIfSports I ruined this one. And the Santa Fe team i left that immediately won 4 straight WS. ruined that one. go into that santa fe trade history. take a look at the deals made in season 32.

wasn't this an hd post about how i had inherited an hd team full of progeriacs?

how did we get here?
4/22/2017 7:22 PM
Now this post is truly precious on many, many different levels.

...and AB there is absolutely no ******* reason whatsoever that you need to justify your WIS history on this board.
4/26/2017 11:13 PM
Posted by ab90 on 4/22/2017 7:07:00 PM (view original):
Mike, you've always answered my questions genuinely, so I like you. Does my HBD history have *a single* red flag in it? think i had a couple one and dones, but you can see how those teams did after i left. life ebbs and floes, and sometimes you have to drop a team.
I guess I missed this. Wasn't around Saturday.

Yes, it does from a Commissioner standpoint. First, you've completed 23 seasons. In 11 worlds. That's "hit and run" playing. That would be the first thing I'd question if you asked to join one of my worlds. Second, you've won 23 division titles in those 23 seasons. Impressive but HBD doesn't really work like that. You're either playing in 'tard worlds with no competition or taking over ready-made teams. Nothing wrong with either of those things but that's leads to "third". Third, and I'm not doing this because you're not asking to join one of my worlds, I'd look at your payrolls and the team you left behind. If you leave behind 133m payrolls loaded with 35 y/o position players, you're leaving a mess. No one wants to clean up a mess.
4/27/2017 9:12 AM
◂ Prev 123 Next ▸
What. The. Faaaaaack. Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.