EB Dynasty (Eurobasket Dynasty) Topic

Since WIS has basically phoned in managing fcdynasty (no engine updates since 2011, are basically on autopilot for free players), there's an idea I'd love to throw at the wall and see if it sticks. It's unlikely that the site will pick it up, but we can dream, right?

By combining the in-season dynamic of FCD with the game logic of HD, I don't think it would be a stretch for the site to create a Eurobasket Dynasty. Here's what I envision:
  • Use the same ratings/in-game logic from Hoops Dynasty, that way a new engine doesn't have to be designed.
  • Utilize the FCDynasty development/aging metric to manage growing and aging players.
  • Keep the scouting system from Hoops Dynasty, but rather than recruiting, utilize the FCDynasty system of 18 year-old free agents uploaded into the database each season.
  • 12 teams in each of 16 Domestic leagues, single-table round-robin regular seasons of 22 games each.
  • The top 4 from each Domestic league go to the best of 3 playoffs (6 in-game weeks)
  • Each playoff champion advances to the European Championship Playoffs, best of 3 (12 in-game weeks)
  • This would account for games being played over 40 in-game weeks (days). This would leave a total of 12 days for pre-season, season roll-over and byes.
  • COUNTRIES TO BE INCLUDED: England, France, Spain, Germany, Italy, Turkey, Greece, Russia, Czech. Rep. Ukraine, Switzerland, Ireland, Scotland, Denmark, Poland, Austria.

Haven't hammered out too many other details. What does everyone think?
4/21/2017 5:03 AM
Sounds reasonable. Ukraine and Turkey would be new countries though, if I am not mistaken!
4/22/2017 1:50 PM
Should have some African team too (Nigeria; Cameroon; Egypt; Ivory Coast; Tunisia; Mali).
5/5/2017 9:17 AM
EB Dynasty (Eurobasket Dynasty) Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.