Eurobasket Dynasty?? Topic

Since WIS has basically phoned in managing fcdynasty (no engine updates since 2011, are basically on autopilot for free players), there's an idea I'd love to throw at the wall and see if it sticks. It's unlikely that the site will pick it up, but we can dream, right?

By combining the in-season dynamic of FCD with the game logic of HD, I don't think it would be a stretch for the site to create a Eurobasket Dynasty. Here's what I envision:
  • Use the same ratings/in-game logic from Hoops Dynasty, that way a new engine doesn't have to be designed.
  • Utilize the FCDynasty development/aging metric to manage growing and aging players.
  • Keep the scouting system from Hoops Dynasty, but rather than recruiting, utilize the FCDynasty system of 18 year-old free agents uploaded into the database each season.
  • 12 teams in each of 16 Domestic leagues, single-table round-robin regular seasons of 22 games each.
  • The top 4 from each Domestic league go to the best of 3 playoffs (6 in-game weeks)
  • Each playoff champion advances to the European Championship Playoffs, best of 3 (12 in-game weeks)
  • This would account for games being played over 40 in-game weeks (days). This would leave a total of 12 days for pre-season, season roll-over and byes.
  • COUNTRIES TO BE INCLUDED: England, France, Spain, Germany, Italy, Turkey, Greece, Russia, Czech. Rep. Ukraine, Switzerland, Ireland, Scotland, Denmark, Poland, Austria.

Haven't hammered out too many other details. What does everyone think?
4/21/2017 5:03 AM
Posted by coach_ruiz on 4/21/2017 5:03:00 AM (view original):
Since WIS has basically phoned in managing fcdynasty (no engine updates since 2011, are basically on autopilot for free players), there's an idea I'd love to throw at the wall and see if it sticks. It's unlikely that the site will pick it up, but we can dream, right?

By combining the in-season dynamic of FCD with the game logic of HD, I don't think it would be a stretch for the site to create a Eurobasket Dynasty. Here's what I envision:
  • Use the same ratings/in-game logic from Hoops Dynasty, that way a new engine doesn't have to be designed.
  • Utilize the FCDynasty development/aging metric to manage growing and aging players.
  • Keep the scouting system from Hoops Dynasty, but rather than recruiting, utilize the FCDynasty system of 18 year-old free agents uploaded into the database each season.
  • 12 teams in each of 16 Domestic leagues, single-table round-robin regular seasons of 22 games each.
  • The top 4 from each Domestic league go to the best of 3 playoffs (6 in-game weeks)
  • Each playoff champion advances to the European Championship Playoffs, best of 3 (12 in-game weeks)
  • This would account for games being played over 40 in-game weeks (days). This would leave a total of 12 days for pre-season, season roll-over and byes.
  • COUNTRIES TO BE INCLUDED: England, France, Spain, Germany, Italy, Turkey, Greece, Russia, Czech. Rep. Ukraine, Switzerland, Ireland, Scotland, Denmark, Poland, Austria.

Haven't hammered out too many other details. What does everyone think?
Interesting concept...I'd give it a try, anything for more hoops.
Unfortunately, I'm not sure Fox would make the effort to carry it out.
Or maintain it.
Or market it.
4/21/2017 9:00 AM
Cool idea. Lots of work, though!
4/21/2017 9:22 AM
Posted by jaxorbetter on 4/21/2017 9:22:00 AM (view original):
Cool idea. Lots of work, though!
I don't think it would be. It's essentially a copy paste from the hd game logic and a copy-paste from fcdynastys league logic with. A few tweaks to make it hoops friendly. They already gave up managing fcdynasty, they could almost do the same thing with this.... Although it's unlikely they will add more free features than they already have.
4/21/2017 11:38 AM
I think you forgot to include Belgium, Portugal, the Dutch, Sweden, etc. Belgium is the headquarters for the EU. They should probably be included.
4/22/2017 1:02 AM
Posted by gomiami1972 on 4/22/2017 1:02:00 AM (view original):
I think you forgot to include Belgium, Portugal, the Dutch, Sweden, etc. Belgium is the headquarters for the EU. They should probably be included.
Ideally it would include 16 nations, that way there aren't at large bids, champs only. I think 32 nations would be a stretch... Drop Ireland and Scotland to add nederlands and Belgium?? What do you think?
4/22/2017 8:49 AM
Keep dreaming
4/22/2017 10:01 PM
I like the idea, but by the same token I think spending time on a game that people won't pay to play, is wasting time. I constantly chided Norbert and WIS for creating FCD and wasting time on it and they kept saying "the advertising dollars, the advertising dollars"...oh yeah? WTG guys.
4/23/2017 10:52 PM
Eurobasket Dynasty?? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.