Population Data 1/30/19 Topic

Posted by bad_luck on 10/29/2017 5:28:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 10/29/2017 4:14:00 PM (view original):
Do you know how many seasons he played in 3.0? No? Fair enough, STFU until you do.
Why are you telling people to STFU? By your own admission you only played a little HD ten years ago prior to 3.0. You have no idea if 2.0 was better.
Mike is the forum moderator. Didn't you know?
10/29/2017 5:40 PM
Do you know how many seasons he played in 3.0? No? Fair enough, STFU until you do.
Why are you telling people to STFU? By your own admission you only played a little HD ten years ago prior to 3.0. You have no idea if 2.0 was better.
And the guy who hardly played 3.0 can't really know if 2.0 was better.

You like analogies, despite your objection to them, so here you go.

I won't buy another Ford. I owned one. It was a good truck for a couple of years. Then it was in the shop every few weeks. Nothing major, stuck window, malfunctioning wipers, little **** like that. I acknowledge my Ford hatred is irrational. I might have just got a lemon. Maybe if I bought another I'd love Fords. That's colonels and 3.0. He played a few seasons of 3.0(Ford) but decided it was terrible and 2.0 was far superior(Chevy).
10/29/2017 5:52 PM
Posted by gomiami1972 on 10/10/2017 3:55:00 PM (view original):
Posted by wronoj on 10/9/2017 9:06:00 AM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 10/8/2017 4:30:00 PM (view original):
It's ended. No one is quitting now because they don't like 3.0. They may throw a hissy fit(zorzi/stewie) over losing a recruiting battle but this has been the game for a year. It doesn't take 6 seasons to determine if you're going to "give it a chance".
This is absolutely not true. Every season I have to decide again if I'm going to continue the slog of 3.0. I've been playing HD since season 13 of Wooden, so ~11 years. I've gone from 3 teams to 2 to 1, and I don't feel like I can put in the time to be competitive in 3.0, but can't quite shake it yet. But I consider retiring every season, whereas in 2.0 I was always buying 5-packs and playing forever.

I know, Mike, good riddance to another whiner, or whatever.
I agree with this. I'm not quite that undecided but I also find myself regularly re-committing myself to 3.0. I'm in the midst of a full commitment to see if I will stay with HD or drop it. So far so good but I never had those kinds of doubts during 1.0 (which I thought was a fantastic game) and 2.0 (which I thought was a lot of fun for DII and DIII.)
I'm in a fairly interesting position. I decided fairly shortly after 3.0 came out that I wasn't going to put any more meaningful money into this game. Maybe a few bucks if it completes a 10-pack, but nothing significant. I don't enjoy 3.0 enough to pay for it. My effort level has also gone in the tank. I haven't been trying hard at all. I frequently don't bother recruiting until the 2nd period because I just don't feel like recruiting in-season.

OTOH, so many human coaches have left that D3 Tark is a total wasteland. I keep winning, so I keep getting the rewards and I keep playing. Wouldn't take much to knock me out of the game, but so far it hasn't happened.
10/29/2017 5:59 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 10/29/2017 5:52:00 PM (view original):
And the guy who hardly played 3.0 can't really know if 2.0 was better.

You like analogies, despite your objection to them, so here you go.

I won't buy another Ford. I owned one. It was a good truck for a couple of years. Then it was in the shop every few weeks. Nothing major, stuck window, malfunctioning wipers, little **** like that. I acknowledge my Ford hatred is irrational. I might have just got a lemon. Maybe if I bought another I'd love Fords. That's colonels and 3.0. He played a few seasons of 3.0(Ford) but decided it was terrible and 2.0 was far superior(Chevy).
You’ve only played 8ish more seasons of 3.0 than he has.
10/29/2017 6:10 PM
Or twice as many.

But not really the point. He had a lot of success in 2.0. Changes were made. He, undoubtedly, came into 3.0 looking for reasons to hate it. He found them. Now he pops up every couple of months to tell us how much 3.0 sucks. First, that's kind of sad. I don't play a lot of the WifS games that I once played. But I'm not going into the SLH forum to say "Boy, SLH sures does sucks." Second, he didn't give 3.0 a fair shake. Most of those that left within the first couple of months didn't. Because they had their Free Candy Tree and WifS didn't get their permission to re-plant it.
10/29/2017 6:17 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 10/29/2017 6:17:00 PM (view original):
Or twice as many.

But not really the point. He had a lot of success in 2.0. Changes were made. He, undoubtedly, came into 3.0 looking for reasons to hate it. He found them. Now he pops up every couple of months to tell us how much 3.0 sucks. First, that's kind of sad. I don't play a lot of the WifS games that I once played. But I'm not going into the SLH forum to say "Boy, SLH sures does sucks." Second, he didn't give 3.0 a fair shake. Most of those that left within the first couple of months didn't. Because they had their Free Candy Tree and WifS didn't get their permission to re-plant it.
So 16 seasons is enough to be allowed to comment on the quality of the game but 8 isn’t? I have 10, am I allowed to comment?

”Undoubtedly” is a big assumption to make. He’s someone who invested a lot of time and energy into a game he “undoubtedly” really enjoyed playing. There’s no reason to think he’d want to hate the game.
10/29/2017 6:53 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 10/29/2017 6:53:00 PM (view original):
Or twice as many.

So 16 seasons is enough to be allowed to comment on the quality of the game but 8 isn’t? I have 10, am I allowed to comment?

”Undoubtedly” is a big assumption to make. He’s someone who invested a lot of time and energy into a game he “undoubtedly” really enjoyed playing. There’s no reason to think he’d want to hate the game.
10 is the required minimum number of seasons in order to comment on the game. You just made it.

But you don't need any number of seasons at D1 to comment about D1 though.
10/29/2017 7:00 PM
Or twice as many.

Can I stop you from commenting? Do you think if I possessed such a power that it wouldn't have been exercised numerous times?

Meh. I "know" colonels like I "know" you like you "know" me. He's a bit of a whinebag. I'm making assumptions based on that. But, really, isn't it sad that someone that hasn't played the game in over a year is still lurking in the forum? Just plain weird.
10/29/2017 7:11 PM
Colonels is great,,give it up Mike. The man is a legend and you are a chooch.
10/29/2017 7:28 PM
LOL. The dude plays Tecmo Super Bowl, wins every game by 70, and posts the results on this website. Like anyone could possibly care. I'll add that you're one of the top whinebags now so I get your manlove for colonels. I'm not judging.

And be careful. Benis will report you for calling people a "chooch". I take that back, he'd report me.
10/29/2017 7:37 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 10/29/2017 7:11:00 PM (view original):
Or twice as many.

Can I stop you from commenting? Do you think if I possessed such a power that it wouldn't have been exercised numerous times?

Meh. I "know" colonels like I "know" you like you "know" me. He's a bit of a whinebag. I'm making assumptions based on that. But, really, isn't it sad that someone that hasn't played the game in over a year is still lurking in the forum? Just plain weird.
I mean, not really any weirder than commenting in the forum in general. Like most forums, this is a place to talk about whatever it is the site it’s attached to does but it’s also a place to talk about anything else. If you’re in the habit of coming here to shoot the ****, you might come here to shoot the shot even when you stop playing a particular game.
10/29/2017 7:38 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 10/29/2017 7:37:00 PM (view original):
LOL. The dude plays Tecmo Super Bowl, wins every game by 70, and posts the results on this website. Like anyone could possibly care. I'll add that you're one of the top whinebags now so I get your manlove for colonels. I'm not judging.

And be careful. Benis will report you for calling people a "chooch". I take that back, he'd report me.
Maaaaaaybe
10/29/2017 7:39 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 10/29/2017 7:38:00 PM (view original):
Or twice as many.

I mean, not really any weirder than commenting in the forum in general. Like most forums, this is a place to talk about whatever it is the site it’s attached to does but it’s also a place to talk about anything else. If you’re in the habit of coming here to shoot the ****, you might come here to shoot the shot even when you stop playing a particular game.
C'mon. If you're not playing ANY games, WTF would you come here? The internet is a big place. Surely you can find a site that talks SPORTS, right? Or, if sports ain't your thang, you can find a site that talks damn near anything that interests you.
10/29/2017 7:42 PM
Or twice as many.

Not as "weird" as someone who lurks around the forums 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and has accumulated 55K posts.

Actually..maybe not weird....just SAD. .
10/29/2017 7:53 PM
But there’s nowhere else I can go to, for example, make fun of you for thinking the government could write away the deficit by issuing more debt or for saying Edgar Martinez wasn’t good because he walked too much.
10/29/2017 7:55 PM
◂ Prev 1...12|13|14|15|16...24 Next ▸
Population Data 1/30/19 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.