Population Data 1/30/19 Topic

You're right. Now we bust out a calculator to figure out how many more APs it takes to unlock a campus visit. Or how many APs equal an HV. Or how many more HVs it will take to overcome having 2 very good preferences vs 3 very goods and 2 goods. Or determine when to use the rest of your budget on a D2 recruit that won't sign until the first cycle of the 2nd session.

Just like what college basketball coaches do.
4/25/2017 1:36 PM
Do we? I don't.

You know why? I'm not a college basketball coach. I'm playing a simgame.
4/25/2017 2:47 PM
FWIW, no one wants to play a sim game for 2-3 years so they can "pay their dues". They purchased their team. They'd like to compete, once they know what they're doing, not "pay dues". This isn't some exclusive membership club. It's a goddam sim game.

Stop with the "Pay their dues" BS. Possibly the dumbest thing ever posted in this forum. PAY YOUR DUES!!!

Sim. Game.
4/25/2017 2:54 PM
You can compete and play....just at lower levels.
4/25/2017 3:55 PM
Posted by Benis on 4/25/2017 1:36:00 PM (view original):
You're right. Now we bust out a calculator to figure out how many more APs it takes to unlock a campus visit. Or how many APs equal an HV. Or how many more HVs it will take to overcome having 2 very good preferences vs 3 very goods and 2 goods. Or determine when to use the rest of your budget on a D2 recruit that won't sign until the first cycle of the 2nd session.

Just like what college basketball coaches do.
There is much less value in any of that. Feel free to do that if you want, if you really miss all the mundane BS, and that special feeling of gaming the system; but you can't just manipulate the outcome that way anymore. So there's less advantage to going through those motions; the real value is where it should be. Finding good matches for your system, prioritizing, and executing strategies to give yourself a chance with them.

You know, like real life recruiting.
4/25/2017 4:51 PM
Special feeling of gaming the system?

Wow. You're even more bitter about this than I thought.
4/25/2017 5:39 PM
Posted by Benis on 4/25/2017 5:39:00 PM (view original):

I'm not bitter, benis. You're projecting. I'm not the one complaining about the game that exists, demanding this change or that, or posting population numbers to validate my preferences.

If you *want* to do all that stuff referenced in that post above, no one is stopping you. That's the point. You can feel free. But no one needs to do those banal, meaningless and unrealistic tasks anymore to figure out "what they can reach for, and what they can't".

I know you'd like to characterize this as something else because it's better for your argument. Maybe we need to add a title to your name - Benis, King of Hyperbole, Duke of Obfuscation.
4/25/2017 5:50 PM (edited)
Posted by shoe3 on 4/25/2017 5:50:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Benis on 4/25/2017 5:39:00 PM (view original):

I'm not bitter, benis. You're projecting. I'm not the one complaining about the game that exists, demanding this change or that, or posting population numbers to validate my preferences.

If you *want* to do all that stuff referenced in that post above, no one is stopping you. That's the point. You can feel free. But no one needs to do those banal, meaningless and unrealistic tasks anymore to figure out "what they can reach for, and what they can't".

I know you'd like to characterize this as something else because it's better for your argument. Maybe we need to add a title to your name - Benis, King of Hyperbole, Duke of Obfuscation.
Well you sound awfully bitter.

And just because you find those tasks banal, meaningless or unrealistic doesn't mean that they are. If they help you get a better team and win more games then how are they meaningless?

And while it's pretty flashy, that title is WAY too long. No way Mike would want to read that in every post.
4/25/2017 6:13 PM
I didn't like D1 in 2.0. It's not bitterness, it's an explanation. If you're reading bitter, it's because you want to read bitter. I'm pretty damn happy about the game that exists. It ain't perfect, but it's a far more *realistic* and *fun* way to simulate college basketball recruiting. If you think those things are fun, keep doing them. How many times do we have to say it? If you find enjoyment from them, carry on. But don't pretend they add fun or realism to a college basketball simulation.

And we can keep going, if you want. I hear the Earl of Sycophancy may be up for grabs, if they ever let 0nly back in the forums.
4/25/2017 6:33 PM
Recruiting in this game is not realistic. And never has been.
4/25/2017 6:47 PM
Posted by Benis on 4/25/2017 6:47:00 PM (view original):
Recruiting in this game is not realistic. And never has been.
No, and as long as it's primarily resource and effort based, it never will be. As I said, not perfect. But the process moved in the right direction.
4/25/2017 6:55 PM
Always enjoy chatting with you shoe. We don't think alike but you always debate like a gentleman.
4/25/2017 9:56 PM
Posted by worthy14sure on 4/25/2017 3:55:00 PM (view original):
Or, under 3.0, you can take a mid-major and compete. Works for me.
4/25/2017 10:54 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 4/25/2017 10:54:00 PM (view original):
Posted by worthy14sure on 4/25/2017 3:55:00 PM (view original):
Or, under 3.0, you can take a mid-major and compete. Works for me.
Could in 2.0 as well. People totally competed for titles with mid majors.
4/26/2017 1:52 PM
2.0 is dead so it doesn't matter. But, if that's the case, I wonder what all this "PAY YOUR DUES!!!!" nonsense is about.
4/26/2017 1:55 PM
◂ Prev 1...5|6|7|8|9...24 Next ▸
Population Data 1/30/19 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.