Population Data 1/30/19 Topic

Posted by cubcub113 on 4/23/2017 8:24:00 PM (view original):
Wow. That's really ****** but not as bad as I would have thought. I think 3.0 has stabilized and will go up from here. Not a lot of people will retire in the first year or two of a new game after the oringinal aftershock.
I agree that it's likely stabilized, but I doubt we see any significant growth from here. When HD went into 2.0, a ton was lost, and there was never real growth after. Now if WIS ever truly advertised this game (Not FREEHD), maybe there's a shot for growth, but history says it's not going to happen.
4/23/2017 10:31 PM
Posted by colonels19 on 4/23/2017 10:17:00 PM (view original):
Posted by zorzii on 4/23/2017 7:49:00 PM (view original):
It has stabilized.
It's still a pretty significant net loss...I mean, do you think they're going to get back to and/or exceed what they were at in July 2016...because I don't see it.

A year of grossing less revenue is worth maybe getting back to the playership that you had previously? Seems like a pretty awful strategy. Oh and letting the guy that was about to get a 15-month severance package, do the HD update...brilliant as well.....
Is it? FOX pays the mail boy more than they've "lost" in the last year of HD.
4/23/2017 10:34 PM
So you're justifying the decrease in revenue by essentially saying "they can afford to lose it"? Guessing you're not a businessman, eh Mike? Just a resident WIS troll?
4/23/2017 10:44 PM
I don't count pennies when dollars matter.
4/24/2017 7:02 AM
I think we can go back to where we were. Fix some problems, mass mail past owners with the info, advertise when NCAA start again, pretty sure you close in on the losses.
4/24/2017 7:51 AM
Posted by zorzii on 4/24/2017 7:51:00 AM (view original):
I think we can go back to where we were. Fix some problems, mass mail past owners with the info, advertise when NCAA start again, pretty sure you close in on the losses.
Just not gonna happen Zorzii. I wish it would as more human coaches make the game that much more fun but it's been going downhill ever since TK sold the game to Fox. Example, when Tark opened for sign-ups coaches could sign up beginning at noon. I got on at not quite quarter after and every single D3 team was taken. 384 teams in less than 15 minutes. Granted, some of that was from Tark being a brand new world and some of it was from the novelty of a 2x world but that's still pretty damn quick.

Now? I'd have to go back and look but does ANY world have a combined total of D1. D2, and D3 coaches that exceed 384? From what I remember glancing at, i don't think so. The 2.0 update drove a very large number of users out of the game forever. The way that 3.0 was handled didn't help matters either. We've been hearing for the last decade about these big advertising pushes that were supposed to coincide with the NCAA tournament and all those amounted to were the FREEHD teams. Very few "new" coaches used that promo and actually stuck around. The unfortunate fact of the matter is that no one at Fox gives a **** about this game and it's dying a slow, painful death, little by little, year after year. Enjoy it while you can gentlemen, enjoy it while you can.
4/24/2017 10:03 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 4/23/2017 7:28:00 PM (view original):
Too early.
You couldn't be more wrong.
4/24/2017 10:04 AM
Posted by emy1013 on 4/24/2017 10:04:00 AM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 4/23/2017 7:28:00 PM (view original):
Too early.
You couldn't be more wrong.
Sure, I could. But I'm not.

Many of the users who left had multiple teams. My guess is they started with 1-2, like normal people, before they decided to add teams because they liked the game. New users have joined. And, if they follow the same pattern, they have a team or two. If they like the game, they'll add teams.

Too soon to know.
4/24/2017 10:08 AM
Outside of the population numbers which don't look great, I'm most concerned about the lack of engagement from WIS after the rollout. It was actually pretty good for a couple months and showed signs of actually continuing to tweak and make changes. Even the job process was going to be tweaked.

This is what was posted back in September

"HD is now in the dedicated hands of two veteran WIS employees: redhawk_514 and cwisniewski. Both have been competitively playing HD for years and served key roles in the 3.0 upgrade. The transition has been months in the making, so both are excited to take the reins and continue to improve the game. Both will become much more active in the forums moving forward.

Following today and Friday's dev chats, we'll continue to work on smaller features and fixes stemming from the 3.0 rollout. Next up will be a complete overhaul of the Jobs process."

Think whatever you want about the population numbers but the fact that they just stopped continuing to support HD only a couple months after saying there were going to make a big change is a bad sign.
4/24/2017 10:17 AM
Posted by colonels19 on 4/23/2017 10:44:00 PM (view original):
So you're justifying the decrease in revenue by essentially saying "they can afford to lose it"? Guessing you're not a businessman, eh Mike? Just a resident WIS troll?
Naaah Trev, what we have here is a crusader. Lil Mike Mike here is the guy who stands up for all that is good and pure in WiS. Does his best to root out all the evil, mischief, beatniks, and ne'er do wells. He has graciously taken it upon himself to voluntarily be HD's version of a middle school hall monitor. You've been warned Trev, talking back to him will only get you pimp slapped and put straight into detention. Oh, but yes you're correct about one thing, he's mainly just a resident WiS troll. The hall monitor thing is really more of a part time gig.

Sorry if that wasn't succinct enough for you Michael. Hope we can still be BFF's like you promised. It would just break my heart if you changed your mind.
4/24/2017 10:18 AM
A vocal minority is still a minority. Huffing and puffing about the end of days is still just huffing and puffing.
4/24/2017 10:21 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 4/23/2017 7:15:00 PM (view original):

I'm amazed that WifS allows someone who doesn't even pay to play to post and **** on their product. If they do anything beyond stupid, this is it.
Spud posts all the time and he doesn't have any active teams under that account. Ever get all up in your feelings about him posting?
4/24/2017 10:23 AM
Spud dropped his team a couple of weeks ago and, as far as I can tell, posted once. I told him not to be the guy with no teams who posts. They're the worst. So, yeah, I guess I do.
4/24/2017 10:26 AM
What is interesting to me is that D1 raw numbers show the most exodus. The update was supposed to help those environments the most.
4/24/2017 12:37 PM
Many of the users in D1 didn't like the changes. Those moving to D1 have to qualify. Takes about a year.
4/24/2017 12:50 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4...24 Next ▸
Population Data 1/30/19 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.