Population Data 1/30/19 Topic

Posted by Benis on 10/8/2017 4:07:00 PM (view original):
There are 200 fewer D1 users than a year ago...
There was attrition with the move to 3.0. This isn't news to anyone.

And your data captures # of teams, not users.
10/8/2017 4:14 PM
200 might have been 25 users who hadn't made a purchase since 2010. And, FWIW, it takes time to get to D1.
10/8/2017 4:19 PM
Posted by kcsundevil on 10/8/2017 4:14:00 PM (view original):

Good point. # of teams. ~900 fewer teams now than prior to the launch of 3.0

So when does this 'attrition due to the move to 3.0' stop?

From April to now there are 300 fewer teams. That was part of this attrition too? If HD loses another 200 users in the next 6 months, is that still part of the attrition?

10/8/2017 4:21 PM
Posted by Benis on 10/8/2017 4:21:00 PM (view original):

From April to now there are 300 fewer teams. That was part of this attrition too? If HD loses another 200 users in the next 6 months, is that still part of the attrition?

Let us know when you identify one new and compelling line of Chicken Little panic for us to discuss.
10/8/2017 4:26 PM
Posted by kcsundevil on 10/8/2017 4:26:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Benis on 10/8/2017 4:21:00 PM (view original):

Let us know when you identify one new and compelling line of Chicken Little panic for us to discuss.
It was an honest question.

When does this attrition end?
10/8/2017 4:27 PM
It's ended. No one is quitting now because they don't like 3.0. They may throw a hissy fit(zorzi/stewie) over losing a recruiting battle but this has been the game for a year. It doesn't take 6 seasons to determine if you're going to "give it a chance".
10/8/2017 4:30 PM
Wow those totals are not good :-( obviously we are not seeing the old guard returning or new ones coming aboard to take their place. Hopefully WIS doesn’t implement the GD type reward system or else things are going to get worse. This just reminds me too much of what happened to GD during that last big update, that was my favorite game but the update kinda ruined that.
10/8/2017 5:37 PM
I think one of the reasons people are still leaving is that when 3.0 launched, it seemed like they were going to continue working on it to fix the things that people were unhappy about, but there has not been any kind of update in almost a year. I was super excited about the change in ownership because I thought that finally they were going to try to work on some things, but still nothing has happened, and that's really discouraging to me as someone who loves the game. Hopefully this will still happen, but with each passing day it seems like nothing has changed, which is a shame. Maybe tomorrow I'll wake up and see something, but I wish they would at least communicate something. That makes me feel like noting is going to change as well.
10/8/2017 5:41 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 10/8/2017 4:30:00 PM (view original):
It's ended. No one is quitting now because they don't like 3.0. They may throw a hissy fit(zorzi/stewie) over losing a recruiting battle but this has been the game for a year. It doesn't take 6 seasons to determine if you're going to "give it a chance".
Jeff Drayer just left - the winningest coach in Smith history.
10/8/2017 5:42 PM
One user isn't exactly "attrition due to the move to 3.0".
10/8/2017 5:46 PM
I just put that because you had mentioned no one is quitting and that came to mind since it just happened. I think that others were waiting to see if some of the issues were going to be fixed. It's definitely not like it was at first, but there is still a slow trickle.
10/8/2017 6:11 PM
Definitely. However, I'm not 100% convinced that some just aren't tired of HD in general. As stewdog noted, he's been in the Final Four 75% of the time for the last 50 seasons. To me, he's climbed the mountain and probably needs another challenge. To me, that's like playing Madden, going 16-0 and winning the Super Bowl for 10 season in a row. It's boring.

I think we need to be more patient in waiting for fixes. HD isn't the only game and WifS isn't the only thing SportsHub does. They purchased WifS for a reason. I don't think they did it in order to not increase the user base($$$). They just have to figure out what's a problem and what's just simple complaining.
10/8/2017 6:19 PM
Does anyone know if any improvements have been made to any of the other games? That would make me feel a bit better too. I'm rooting for it to be a success because I still do like 3.0 better than 2.0 in general, but there are some glaring issues that really need to be addressed that could make it so much better.
10/8/2017 7:54 PM
HBD has not been updated. It's really in worse shape than HD. Not necessarily because of gameplay but because worlds MUST fill with user before rollover. There has been a steady migration out of HBD. I won't get into the details because HD users don't give a damn about HBD but it does have more problems than the considering list only showing 10 schools or the champion list not being updated.

I imagine, if an update is made to anything, an announcement will be made.
10/8/2017 8:07 PM
I'd like to hope that they devote some attention to HD to get it ready for heavy promotion in Feb/March when college hoops is front of mind for many
10/8/2017 9:23 PM
◂ Prev 1...9|10|11|12|13...24 Next ▸
Population Data 1/30/19 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.