Population Data 1/30/19 Topic

Posted by MikeT23 on 10/8/2017 4:19:00 PM (view original):
200 might have been 25 users who hadn't made a purchase since 2010. And, FWIW, it takes time to get to D1.
Mike, I've said from the beginning that this thought is flawed. Let's say that it is only 25 users. That 200 teams was still teams taking credits due to success, which means someone else was paying, because they were not having the same success. Now that those 200 teams are gone, the 200 paying teams are now new teams getting the credits that the 25 users were getting on their 200 teams, but there is no replacement of paying teams. Your end result is still less money and ghosted worlds which are not attractive to new or existing users.
10/9/2017 2:13 AM
The problem was never the old game. It was always about FOX not promoting the game and basically not caring about the game at all. Additionally, I think forcing the game to only DI needs to be enjoyable was a mistake, as most people build their love for the game at the lower levels to begin with. I'm holding out hope that the new owners will do their part to make it succeed, but I'm afraid the damage has already been done. I was searching through old forum posts recently from when they rolled out 2.0, and it was a lot of the same discussions which resulted in an update that was not wanted by most, not properly tested, and tons of users quitting. The change to 2.0 wasn't even as damaging imo, but we never recovered the bulk of that user base then. I don't expect to recover this one either. Current population levels are likely the new norm.
10/9/2017 2:19 AM
Posted by fd343ny on 10/8/2017 9:23:00 PM (view original):
I'd like to hope that they devote some attention to HD to get it ready for heavy promotion in Feb/March when college hoops is front of mind for many
Well OF COURSE they will be promoting it.....didn't you see the news?

Marketing
Shortly after the final two worlds upgrade to 3.0, we will begin a marketing campaign to drive new owners into the game. This will involve both the WhatIfSports and FOX Sports properties. We have a great game that is now available to play on any device and is easier for newcomers to comprehend and enjoy. Combine this with our helpful, veteran user base and we should expect to see fuller worlds with greater competition than ever before.
10/9/2017 6:19 AM
Posted by chapelhillne on 10/8/2017 7:54:00 PM (view original):
Does anyone know if any improvements have been made to any of the other games? That would make me feel a bit better too. I'm rooting for it to be a success because I still do like 3.0 better than 2.0 in general, but there are some glaring issues that really need to be addressed that could make it so much better.
Nothing in GD chapel.
10/9/2017 8:12 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 10/8/2017 4:30:00 PM (view original):
It's ended. No one is quitting now because they don't like 3.0. They may throw a hissy fit(zorzi/stewie) over losing a recruiting battle but this has been the game for a year. It doesn't take 6 seasons to determine if you're going to "give it a chance".
This is absolutely not true. Every season I have to decide again if I'm going to continue the slog of 3.0. I've been playing HD since season 13 of Wooden, so ~11 years. I've gone from 3 teams to 2 to 1, and I don't feel like I can put in the time to be competitive in 3.0, but can't quite shake it yet. But I consider retiring every season, whereas in 2.0 I was always buying 5-packs and playing forever.

I know, Mike, good riddance to another whiner, or whatever.
10/9/2017 9:06 AM
Wow, I just looked at the chart again, and am somewhat surprised but very distressed to see how bad D3 looks. Huge drop from Spring to Fall there. Might be a little bit of people moving up, but more attrition for sure...
10/9/2017 9:10 AM
"I don't feel like I can put in the time to be competitive in 3.0." It's not really the game, it's your willingness to change and/or time restrictions. I once had 7 HBD teams. In a couple of weeks, I'll have 2. HBD hasn't seen an update in 8-9 years. The game didn't change, my schedule did.
10/9/2017 9:14 AM
...in my case, the game did change.
10/9/2017 9:17 AM
And a willingness to change how you do things didn't follow.
10/9/2017 9:24 AM
No option but to change how I do things. The new schedule quite simply makes it harder to keep up. It's a shame, because I actually like the new recruiting system better than the old one, but there's way more down time and I feel like I tune out sometimes, and then I might miss something.

It's definitely not all on the change to 3.0, but they did make it harder.
10/9/2017 10:25 AM
I think MOST of us hate the downtime. I didn't play 2.0 and 1.0 was so long ago, I don't remember much. I don't find 3.0 to be all that time-consuming but I play HBD so our ideas on "time-consuming" are probably different.
10/9/2017 10:42 AM
The time consumption of 3.0 is possibly the biggest driving factor for my dislike. I'm in the same boat as wronoj where I have to contemplate if I want to buy another pack. Likely one of the bigger reasons I'm still playing is that I do well enough in the post season that my packs end up relatively cheap. I've also had some of my teams for a long time and have a hard time letting go.
10/10/2017 1:26 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 10/9/2017 9:14:00 AM (view original):
"I don't feel like I can put in the time to be competitive in 3.0." It's not really the game, it's your willingness to change and/or time restrictions. I once had 7 HBD teams. In a couple of weeks, I'll have 2. HBD hasn't seen an update in 8-9 years. The game didn't change, my schedule did.
Mike, why not change the allocation of your time. A little more playing, a little less posting, everyone wins. You are effectively posting on EVERY other post. Maybe you don't understand what "time restrictions" are.
10/10/2017 12:16 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by wronoj on 10/9/2017 9:06:00 AM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 10/8/2017 4:30:00 PM (view original):
It's ended. No one is quitting now because they don't like 3.0. They may throw a hissy fit(zorzi/stewie) over losing a recruiting battle but this has been the game for a year. It doesn't take 6 seasons to determine if you're going to "give it a chance".
This is absolutely not true. Every season I have to decide again if I'm going to continue the slog of 3.0. I've been playing HD since season 13 of Wooden, so ~11 years. I've gone from 3 teams to 2 to 1, and I don't feel like I can put in the time to be competitive in 3.0, but can't quite shake it yet. But I consider retiring every season, whereas in 2.0 I was always buying 5-packs and playing forever.

I know, Mike, good riddance to another whiner, or whatever.
I agree with this. I'm not quite that undecided but I also find myself regularly re-committing myself to 3.0. I'm in the midst of a full commitment to see if I will stay with HD or drop it. So far so good but I never had those kinds of doubts during 1.0 (which I thought was a fantastic game) and 2.0 (which I thought was a lot of fun for DII and DIII.)
10/10/2017 3:55 PM
◂ Prev 1...10|11|12|13|14...24 Next ▸
Population Data 1/30/19 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.