Another cheating investigation Topic

Can everyone go to guess reports Leahy season 131 and look at the first top 3 recruiting classes. I've been skeptical about the Big Ten and on my show have warned the conference that I will be watching them. I'm almost certain these guys talk to each other to save $$. Colluding is cheating to me. Meyer and Harbough don't talk to each other to save their time and resources.
4/24/2017 6:37 AM
Something tells me this is gonna end up a long thread....
4/24/2017 8:36 AM
Something tells me it won't
4/24/2017 10:38 AM
I do agree that if Any 2 or more coaches are colluding then that is cheating.
4/24/2017 12:01 PM
I think any coach that accuses someone of cheating better have a lot more evidence than looking at GUESS Reports and seeing that 9 out of the top 10 recruiting classes are elite programs. Texas #4, Nebraska #6, Oklahoma #9 must be cheating also right? Is that why you couldn't get your class in the top 25?

Where is the evidence from your "cheating investigation"?

I'm almost certain that you are just making up cheating claims for the attention. Are you still trying to get coaches in Leahy to give you money for your podcast?
4/24/2017 12:26 PM
It'snot what everyone knows it's what you can prove right guys? If the LA district attorney couldn't show enough evidence against OJ, WIS can't or won't deal with something as minor as colluding even though the last accused got off the hook.
4/24/2017 1:08 PM
Posted by pyt100 on 4/24/2017 1:08:00 PM (view original):
It'snot what everyone knows it's what you can prove right guys? If the LA district attorney couldn't show enough evidence against OJ, WIS can't or won't deal with something as minor as colluding even though the last accused got off the hook.
I have no opinion on the "colluding" but did you really just compare the OJ murder trial to a disagreement on a simulation sports video game website? Apples to oranges is an understatement lol, that's like apples to elephants.
4/24/2017 1:56 PM
Posted by blitziscomin on 4/24/2017 12:26:00 PM (view original):
I think any coach that accuses someone of cheating better have a lot more evidence than looking at GUESS Reports and seeing that 9 out of the top 10 recruiting classes are elite programs. Texas #4, Nebraska #6, Oklahoma #9 must be cheating also right? Is that why you couldn't get your class in the top 25?

Where is the evidence from your "cheating investigation"?

I'm almost certain that you are just making up cheating claims for the attention. Are you still trying to get coaches in Leahy to give you money for your podcast?
I have to agree with this statement in terms of it being a stretch that because the BIGTEN has the top 3 recruiting classes they must colluding. Tigerpark mentioned during the last cheating scandal that he would say who he was going after or the positions he was going after (something like that) to avoid battles. He also stated he wasn't doing it anymore (believe him or don't it doesn't matter to my point). Its not uncommon for elites near each other to not have a ton of battles in worlds that aren't as populated. They learn how each other recruit and which type of players they lie and recruit accordingly. Some use it to pick and choose battles and some use that information to completely avoid battles. When I had Miami in Stagg I never battled Florida or Florida St. They knew I would never let them win a recruit in southern Florida and I knew if I went too far north I would have to compete with both of them and waste a ton of money. We never spoke this to each other or said anything about it but it was our recruiting strategies lining up.

Are they colluding? Maybe. Are they not colluding and just avoiding each other? Most likely.
4/24/2017 3:14 PM
And if you check out Warner, the 3 elites in the big 10 are currently kicking the hell out of each other in recruiting.

A common everyday term is 'Lying by omission". A silent gentlemen's agreement to not battle each other is no different than actually speaking and agreeing to not battle each other. Both are collusion.

Is it a big deal? I don't really think so. Especially since it can't be proven or enforced. To think it isn't happening or in all leagues is naive.
4/24/2017 3:53 PM
I just got PM'd the details. No further questions. And why is BlitzisComing attacking me?
4/24/2017 4:55 PM
Posted by realist9900 on 4/24/2017 3:53:00 PM (view original):
And if you check out Warner, the 3 elites in the big 10 are currently kicking the hell out of each other in recruiting.

A common everyday term is 'Lying by omission". A silent gentlemen's agreement to not battle each other is no different than actually speaking and agreeing to not battle each other. Both are collusion.

Is it a big deal? I don't really think so. Especially since it can't be proven or enforced. To think it isn't happening or in all leagues is naive.
"A common everyday....Both are collusion". by realist9900

I respectively disagree. If there is not contact and a coach or coaches "choose" independently to not recruit an area or battle a particular school, that is not in anyway shape or form imho "collusion".

Sometimes and in my limited experience more times than not, recruiting is about choosing WHEN to fight for a recruit. The boards are littered with advice to find another recruit instead of battling. My quote would be :
"Discretion is the better part of valor. Caution is preferable to rash bravery." Said by Falstaff in King Henry the Fourth, Part One, by William Shakespeare.

I believe that each of us pays to play and as a result make choices about who/when/how we practice, game plan, setup formations, and recruit. That being said, I am absolutely opposed to collusion with regard to list sharing, etc. If a coach were to mail me prior to recruiting his target list unsolicited, I would not respond, not believe him/her, might be insulted as if they were telling me to stay away, etc. I would be concerned of intentions and never, ever participate. If a coach sitemailed me unsolicited and said he was not going to sign a backup and that I could have him, I would not respond during recruiting but I might afterward and say "thank you"..lol

Finally, I am adamantly opposed to multiple teams in any form within the same world, as I believe there are plenty of available teams at any level in multiple worlds but that is my opinion and WIS makes the rules. If this were Holdaway Gridiron Dynasty, I and most of you would most likely want to change a few things, and that is certainly one I would prefer. Again, with all due respect to the coaches who want to have multiples, etc., I understand and respect your different opinion. I believe that most have the integrity required to do it basically honestly, but the sheer sight of a nipple leads me to want to see the other one.....if you get my drift. Availability is the path to sin and sin is darkness....lol...Once I get a taste, I want the whole pie.....lmao....

Sorry, I digress.
4/24/2017 5:41 PM
You're just thinking about nipples too much .
4/24/2017 5:52 PM
Posted by holdaway on 4/24/2017 5:41:00 PM (view original):
Posted by realist9900 on 4/24/2017 3:53:00 PM (view original):

"A common everyday....Both are collusion". by realist9900

I respectively disagree. If there is not contact and a coach or coaches "choose" independently to not recruit an area or battle a particular school, that is not in anyway shape or form imho "collusion".

Sometimes and in my limited experience more times than not, recruiting is about choosing WHEN to fight for a recruit. The boards are littered with advice to find another recruit instead of battling. My quote would be :
"Discretion is the better part of valor. Caution is preferable to rash bravery." Said by Falstaff in King Henry the Fourth, Part One, by William Shakespeare.

I believe that each of us pays to play and as a result make choices about who/when/how we practice, game plan, setup formations, and recruit. That being said, I am absolutely opposed to collusion with regard to list sharing, etc. If a coach were to mail me prior to recruiting his target list unsolicited, I would not respond, not believe him/her, might be insulted as if they were telling me to stay away, etc. I would be concerned of intentions and never, ever participate. If a coach sitemailed me unsolicited and said he was not going to sign a backup and that I could have him, I would not respond during recruiting but I might afterward and say "thank you"..lol

Finally, I am adamantly opposed to multiple teams in any form within the same world, as I believe there are plenty of available teams at any level in multiple worlds but that is my opinion and WIS makes the rules. If this were Holdaway Gridiron Dynasty, I and most of you would most likely want to change a few things, and that is certainly one I would prefer. Again, with all due respect to the coaches who want to have multiples, etc., I understand and respect your different opinion. I believe that most have the integrity required to do it basically honestly, but the sheer sight of a nipple leads me to want to see the other one.....if you get my drift. Availability is the path to sin and sin is darkness....lol...Once I get a taste, I want the whole pie.....lmao....

Sorry, I digress.
I don't think silent agreements to avoid each other is collusion either. Not even sure a spoken one is. Unless specifics about recruits are being shared, avoiding recruiting against certain coaches isn't "illegal or dishonest" which are inherent aspects of most definitions of collusion.
4/24/2017 5:57 PM
I had a 2 recruit advantage over OSU and a disadvantage against Notre Dame. Plus a very aggressive Michigan State looking to prove himself.

I took a logical approach. I went heavy against Mich/OSU shared 180 Bluechips. I waited on the Mich/Notre Dame blue chips except for two which were gambles. The two I chose, he didn't. I then decided to engage into Notre Dames exclusive 180; (my 360) for some 4 star recruits. I chose a couple more.. One of which was a QB and I noticed that ND was already engaged onto the #1 WIS ranked QB. Turns out Notre Dame wanted two QB's. And I bailed when I saw the QB yellow for ND as well.

I then systematically went long distance for more incredible recruits. Boston College about 450 miles away was a new coach with no bowl money and he was over extended in too many battles. I pounced on the #1 WIS WR from Maine, #2 DB from NY that he was struggling to pull away from the sims, and a 4 star QB from Mass. I also noticed that Wisconsin wasn't touching the #1 WIS DB. I also gave up on a LB that I was battling with Iowa. I let Michigan State have 3 or 4 top local recruits. Most notably a WR and LB.

Recruiting in WIS can often times be like betting in Texas Hold'em. And what is the number one most important talent in Poker?........Having the balls to FOLD when you really don't want to.

4/24/2017 6:27 PM
Communicated agreements to avoid each other are collusive, if you ask me. Not to mention, completely unnecessary. Coaches could just as easily choose to walk away, as holdaway notes, without communication. At that point, it's just a strategic choice. It also leaves no stain of collusive activity behind.

No one wants to leave stains. Don't leave stains.
4/24/2017 6:28 PM
12 Next ▸
Another cheating investigation Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.