It's a hell of a season if you're a fan of home runs and strikeouts. Looks like the batters are going for broke nearly every at bat. Whitey Herzog can't be happy.
6/7/2017 12:26 AM
Posted by redwingscup on 5/4/2017 2:06:00 PM (view original):
I'm with dahsdebater. Judge is still "pretty new" and the league is still putting together the book to find his swing holes (and given his mammoth size, there have to be some). I'm not discounting his ability to adjust or improve as time goes on, but I believe it's going to be tough for Judge to hit .300 I see him at .265-.275 with 30 homers.
Kimbrel struck him out on three pitches yesterday - he couldn't touch the high fastballs. Pedro on MLB Network said "I hope anyone with 97+ was watching what Kimbrel just did." Pitchers with gas may have found the hole they're looking for.
6/7/2017 9:54 AM
Kevin Kiermaier's adventures in the outfield continue. Brutal call by the umps, too. (Scroll down on the link for the video.)
6/8/2017 3:11 PM
An Aaron Judge single tonight had a 119.8 mph exit velocity -- highest in the majors this season.

Only two other exit velocities have reached 119 mph this season -- Judge, both times.
6/9/2017 1:04 AM
Judge tops himself again -- a 121.1 mph home run.

Jose Bautista with the old two-base walk. I love the Seattle manager's "Fer cryin' out loud!" expression as it's going down.
6/11/2017 5:09 AM (edited)
Two more HR for Judge today, including this 495 footer.

That's 21 HR thru 60 games. Maybe I sold him short when I said he'd hit 40+ with a .300 average (he's sitting at .344 right now).
6/11/2017 9:18 PM
Some synchronized erroring from the Reds last night.

Also, Bronson Arroyo is still playing?
6/14/2017 12:22 AM
Posted by crazystengel on 6/14/2017 12:22:00 AM (view original):
Some synchronized erroring from the Reds last night.

Also, Bronson Arroyo is still playing?
You know how the saying goes,

Death, Taxes, and Bronson Arroyo
6/14/2017 1:40 AM
Cubs Ian Happ went 1-for-5 tonight with a grand slam and four strikeouts. The Golden Slambrero has previously been sported by Derek Norris (2015), Mark Teixera (2003), Cory Snyder (1987), and one other player who wore it twice, in 1982 and '85.

Any guesses as to who that might be?
6/14/2017 2:35 AM
heh! the golden slambrero

my guess is king kong kingman
6/14/2017 3:03 AM
Good guess, but no. It was the guy who tried to assassinate the Queen in the first Naked Gun movie.

6/14/2017 2:17 PM
Posted by Jtpsops on 6/7/2017 9:54:00 AM (view original):
Posted by redwingscup on 5/4/2017 2:06:00 PM (view original):
I'm with dahsdebater. Judge is still "pretty new" and the league is still putting together the book to find his swing holes (and given his mammoth size, there have to be some). I'm not discounting his ability to adjust or improve as time goes on, but I believe it's going to be tough for Judge to hit .300 I see him at .265-.275 with 30 homers.
Kimbrel struck him out on three pitches yesterday - he couldn't touch the high fastballs. Pedro on MLB Network said "I hope anyone with 97+ was watching what Kimbrel just did." Pitchers with gas may have found the hole they're looking for.
I guess no one has been watching Kimbrel then. C'mon MLB pitchers!
6/15/2017 9:14 AM
Like most of us at WIS I'm middle-aged and grumpy, so it naturally follows that abrupt changes in fashion tend to confuse, anger and frighten me. "What are you babbling about now, crazystengel?" I can hear you asking. Well, if you must know, MLB hairdos and beards are what I'm babbling about now.

I see a grown man with long, luscious locks like Noah Syndergaard and I think, "Is he so hard up for cash that he's doing side gigs shooting covers for Harlequin romances?" Every team seems to employ at least one of these walking shampoo ads. Sorry, but I don't approve of ballplayers looking like Fabio circa 1994!

Then you've got the beards. Beards everywhere! The Dallas Keuchel beard of bees, the Derek Norris 19th century Russian novelist, the Matt Shoemaker children's Halloween beard available at Walmart for $2.99. What, do these guys have a date with their hobo pals to hop a freight train right after the game?

Bah! Gimme a Roger Maris buzz cut and a clean shave, barber!
6/16/2017 10:00 AM
Posted by crazystengel on 6/16/2017 10:01:00 AM (view original):
Like most of us at WIS I'm middle-aged and grumpy, so it naturally follows that abrupt changes in fashion tend to confuse, anger and frighten me. "What are you babbling about now, crazystengel?" I can hear you asking. Well, if you must know, MLB hairdos and beards are what I'm babbling about now.

I see a grown man with long, luscious locks like Noah Syndergaard and I think, "Is he so hard up for cash that he's doing side gigs shooting covers for Harlequin romances?" Every team seems to employ at least one of these walking shampoo ads. Sorry, but I don't approve of ballplayers looking like Fabio circa 1994!

Then you've got the beards. Beards everywhere! The Dallas Keuchel beard of bees, the Derek Norris 19th century Russian novelist, the Matt Shoemaker children's Halloween beard available at Walmart for $2.99. What, do these guys have a date with their hobo pals to hop a freight train right after the game?

Well Keuchel's beard is now his brand. It's how he makes money now from all the advertisements. Too late to go back for him. But when I first saw this, I thought it was gonna be about Bryce Harper's haircut, which is my haircut, and my dad ******* hates it. But my mom and sisters love it. Idk, seems like middle aged men believe everyone should have crew cuts
6/16/2017 10:05 AM
Posted by crazystengel on 6/16/2017 10:01:00 AM (view original):

Great writing crazy, and I'm 100% with you.
6/16/2017 11:45 AM
◂ Prev 1...3|4|5|6|7...17 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.