6/17/2017 10:00 PM
I live in houston.yes I'm 58yo.im not a fan at all of keuchels (or James hardens) beard.im not a Tom cruise fan,necessarily,but his hairstyle is probably what I like
6/17/2017 11:43 PM
Posted by crazystengel on 6/3/2017 2:19:00 PM (view original):
Dodgers closer Kenley Jansen now owns the MLB mark for most strikeouts to begin the season without a walk. Jansen has 39 strikeouts over 22 innings and has yet to issue a base on balls.
Jansen is now up to 50K without a walk.

Other season totals to date: 29.2 innings, 0.91 ERA, 0.57 WHIP, 15/15 converting Saves.
6/18/2017 4:54 PM
Nolan Arenado hits a walk off HR -- to complete the cycle!

His teammates apparently had money on the Giants, because they beat the crap out of Arenado when he got to home plate!

6/18/2017 11:06 PM
Posted by crazystengel on 6/18/2017 4:54:00 PM (view original):
Posted by crazystengel on 6/3/2017 2:19:00 PM (view original):
Dodgers closer Kenley Jansen now owns the MLB mark for most strikeouts to begin the season without a walk. Jansen has 39 strikeouts over 22 innings and has yet to issue a base on balls.
Jansen is now up to 50K without a walk.

Other season totals to date: 29.2 innings, 0.91 ERA, 0.57 WHIP, 15/15 converting Saves.
He gets better every year. Those twists leagues may have to wait until he's retired before using those dodger teams. Bet one year he'll have like a .424 WHIP or something crazy
6/19/2017 2:12 AM
Justin Verlander pitches 5 1/3 perfect innings, and Jarrod Dyson bunts for a single.

As a Tigers fan, I'm ******, but it did spark a 3-run inning to bring them within one.

So the question is, how late is too late?

If it was a 5-run lead, I would've hit the next batter with a heater. But 6th inning, down 4, it's kinda iffy. Borderline scumbag
6/22/2017 12:31 AM
I don't understand most of baseball's "unwritten rules" and this one's no exception. What's wrong with trying to help your team score a run when you're down by 4 in the 6th inning? Even if they were down by 10 in the 9th, what would be wrong with it? There's no clock in baseball, so you're never really out of it. Dyson is a weak hitter with speed, who often tries to get on base via bunting. So why wouldn't he try it in this situation? Is it his job to help the opposing pitcher throw a perfect game?
6/22/2017 1:07 AM
Posted by crazystengel on 6/22/2017 1:08:00 AM (view original):
I don't understand most of baseball's "unwritten rules" and this one's no exception. What's wrong with trying to help your team score a run when you're down by 4 in the 6th inning? Even if they were down by 10 in the 9th, what would be wrong with it? There's no clock in baseball, so you're never really out of it. Dyson is a weak hitter with speed, who often tries to get on base via bunting. So why wouldn't he try it in this situation? Is it his job to help the opposing pitcher throw a perfect game?
It's just a scumbag move. Bunting for a base hit up 10 runs in the 9th, of down 10 runs in the ninth with a perfect game going. You know unwritten rules. Considering you're one of the older people here, I thought you'd be more traditional tbh
6/22/2017 1:17 AM
Posted by d_rock97 on 6/22/2017 12:31:00 AM (view original):
Justin Verlander pitches 5 1/3 perfect innings, and Jarrod Dyson bunts for a single.

As a Tigers fan, I'm ******, but it did spark a 3-run inning to bring them within one.

So the question is, how late is too late?

If it was a 5-run lead, I would've hit the next batter with a heater. But 6th inning, down 4, it's kinda iffy. Borderline scumbag
But it's all mute now, 3 runs scored in the inning. If that's the only hit he gave up all game, that'd be pretty annoying. I'd throw at his head.
6/22/2017 1:18 AM
In his autobiography Bob Gibson wrote about teammate Lou Brock not letting up on stealing bases even when the Cards were up by a lot. Then Brock would get beaned his next time up, and Gibson would have to bean someone in retaliation. But Gibson wrote that he did it gladly, because he appreciated Brock playing all out no matter what the score was. Is Bob Gibson a "traditionalist"? Is Lou Brock?

If you're on the field and still trying, why would expect the other team to not be doing the same? Especially if the other team is losing -- you want a losing team to take it easy on you?
6/22/2017 1:38 AM
Posted by crazystengel on 6/22/2017 1:38:00 AM (view original):
In his autobiography Bob Gibson wrote about teammate Lou Brock not letting up on stealing bases even when the Cards were up by a lot. Then Brock would get beaned his next time up, and Gibson would have to bean someone in retaliation. But Gibson wrote that he did it gladly, because he appreciated Brock playing all out no matter what the score was. Is Bob Gibson a "traditionalist"? Is Lou Brock?

If you're on the field and still trying, why would expect the other team to not be doing the same? Especially if the other team is losing -- you want a losing team to take it easy on you?
Ya, swing the bat, get a hit.
6/22/2017 1:54 AM
The Mariners tried that for 16 batters, didn't work. Dyson came up with something that did work. Something that's completely within the rules of baseball, by the way. The written rules, that is!
6/22/2017 2:00 AM
A drag bunt attempted for a base hit is legitimate. Particularly in only the 6th inning. Anyone trying to enforce some "unwritten" code against bunting against a hurler throwing a no-hit (or no-no game) game is nuts. Many players would completely ignore such a taboo........... managers, too. It's illogical.
6/22/2017 9:01 AM
Bunt more. Sadly baseball has become a homerun or nothing game. Homeruns are fun to see but not watching games with 20 batters striking out nearly every game. Besides bunting helps defeat the infield shifts these great hitters complain about.
6/22/2017 9:25 AM
Dyson executed it brilliantly, and as you can see by where the third baseman is positioned the Tigers were alive to the possibility of a bunt.

MLB is currently on pace to break both its home run and strikeout records. I'd rather see more plays that involve the fielders.
6/22/2017 12:33 PM
◂ Prev 1...4|5|6|7|8...17 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.