Oh yeah, the Yankees have a good farm system now.
Torres, Sheffield, Andujar, Tate, and Austin for Miggy
7/11/2017 6:26 PM
Posted by crazystengel on 7/7/2017 10:19:00 PM (view original):
Judge hits his 30th home run, breaking Joe DiMaggio's record for most home runs by a Yankee rookie -- in the season's 84th game!
I wrote on Bill James' online site because he compared Judge to Bill Nicholson, a flash in the pan player in the 40s.

I asked him if he would rethink that after one or another huge Judge homer and he said that if Judge hits 60 home runs he will match Nicholson. I wrote in reply "So, around September 1?"
7/12/2017 5:25 PM
Good one! I think I may have seen that comment, as once in a while I check into those "Ask Bill" columns (or whatever they're called). I definitely remember him not being impressed with Judge.

By the way, I'm in the middle of a 1939 prog draft right now and Nicholson was taken 8th. He had a few good years, but like Hal Newhouser his best seasons came during the war so he gets overlooked. He finished 3rd in MVP voting in '43 and 2nd in '44.

Actually, looking more closely at his stats (he hit 235 career HR), I figure you might not even mean Bill Nicholson. Maybe you mean Dave Nicholson, who played in the 1960s and hit 61 career HR?
7/12/2017 5:43 PM (edited)
Posted by crazystengel on 7/7/2017 10:19:00 PM (view original):
Judge hits his 30th home run, breaking Joe DiMaggio's record for most home runs by a Yankee rookie -- in the season's 84th game!
How are ya able to post a link, and change the words like that?
7/13/2017 1:23 PM
Copy the link you want to use. Then left click on the words in your post you want to represent your link, and drag the cursor along for the length of the words. Then click on the link icon above (that chain link-looking thing), and paste your link address there (right click, then paste), then click OKAY.
7/13/2017 2:27 PM
4 stats that represent the downfall of the Tigers.

Still the same weaknesses during their WS runs, shocker
7/13/2017 3:28 PM
I love it when the umps get thrown a curveball and totally whiff on it, as they did yesterday on this play involving Matt Holliday in the Yankee-Red Sox game.

Reminded me of the aptly named Segura's baserunning adventures from 2013.
7/16/2017 6:31 PM
Speaking of Segura, here are three nice defensive plays he made in the bottom of the 9th inning with the score tied and runners in scoring position. Seattle went on to win in the 10th:

Out #1

Out #2

Out #3
7/18/2017 1:18 AM
Posted by crazystengel on 7/18/2017 1:18:00 AM (view original):
Speaking of Segura, here are three nice defensive plays he made in the bottom of the 9th inning with the score tied and runners in scoring position. Seattle went on to win in the 10th:

Out #1

Out #2

Out #3
I WAS AT THAT GAME!!!

All I heard on the way back was "Tony Sipp blows"

But Segura was unreal!

And the boomstick! He didn't even have to finish his swing to hit the train tracks! He's always terrorizing my teams tho :(
7/18/2017 1:42 AM
Bartolo Colon's back in the bigs with his 10th team, here facing baseball's young HR Adonis, Aaron Judge.

7/18/2017 10:43 PM (edited)
Live look at Detroit's prospect haul

7/18/2017 10:31 PM
Goofy triple play tonight. Yankees still got a run out of it, though.

Also tonight, Javier Baez of the Cubs earned the rare platinum sombrero against the White Sox. All five strikeouts were of the swinging variety, so we can't accuse young Javy of laziness.

7/25/2017 11:54 PM
Not sure what Didi was doing on that triple play. He starts for third and had plenty of time to get there, but is inexplicably still in no man's land when the ball gets to first.
7/26/2017 9:30 AM
First MLB game I attended live this season and it ended thusly.

Oh, and earlier in that very at-bat my son and I got a nice TV closeup together!

The game also featured the rarely seen "battery toss" from the ump (about a minute after he'd tossed the Toronto manager).
7/27/2017 11:54 PM
I found this partial transcript of John Gibbons getting the heave-ho from umpire Will Little (click on the link to get to the video). Apparently right before the video starts there was an exchange where Gibbons said to the ump, "This is bullshit. You been flipping coins on these calls all day," and that's when the ump turned and said "What?".

(Gibbons from the dugout) Hey! Flip a coin!

(Little tosses out Gibbons with a "Get outta here!")

(Gibby saunters towards home plate)

How is your f*#%ing day? Were you out all f*#%ing night?

Nobody knows what you’re going to f*#%ing call. One time it’s up, one time it’s down. One time it’s in. This pitcher [meaning Marcus Stroman] hasn’t walked four guys in his f*#%ing life.

(Little shrugs, gives a smug look)

Don’t give me that f*#%ing shrug. Tell me you had a horseshit day – one time – we all do, okay?

OHHHH, you’re not f*#%ing doing it.

7/28/2017 11:50 PM
◂ Prev 1...7|8|9|10|11...17 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.